Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

xiw posted:

So I'm about 95% sure the nightmare dungeon sigil that dropped first tree cache disappeared when i clicked on it, and i haven't seen any since - been doing helltides, done about 15 tree caches, still no sigil. I've seen a few threads of people claiming similar issues - is this an acknowledged thing or do i just get to keep trying and hope it's a RNG thing?

What % of tree caches roughly should have sigils?

This happened to me. If you're on Wt3 drop it down to 2, do a tree and open it in 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Kaddish posted:

Everything is literally 100% easier with only 1 other person.

ive got a mate around my level who i have been doing late game stuff with and it feels great to run around helltides with them. havent had much luck with clan mates maybe because i joined a non goon clan due to timezone issues but one person in voice coms makes nightmare dungeons a breeze

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The rare is definitely better right? I can't replace the aspect right now.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
They really need to add an additional tier of rolls on gear in season 1, I've been wearing some of the same pieces I've gotten 20 levels ago now. If not that, at least adjust the band so it's not the same poo poo for 30 levels.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Kaddish posted:

Everything is literally 100% easier with only 1 other person.

Wrong. Enemies only scale in dungeons and when doing the capstone with others the boss has more targets to target with his homing attack. You also gain from other classes such as barbarian shouts, sorcerer freezes and so on.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

TjyvTompa posted:

Wrong. Enemies only scale in dungeons and when doing the capstone with others the boss has more targets to target with his homing attack. You also gain from other classes such as barbarian shouts, sorcerer freezes and so on.

Perhaps I should have stipulated 'at least one other person.' Everything is easier in group play.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kaddish posted:

You're going to need a spreadsheet. And there's probably still no way to tell because you don't know how much the aspect is worth.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

bamhand posted:

You're going to need a spreadsheet. And there's probably still no way to tell because you don't know how much the aspect is worth.

It's a very good non-codex aspect for my build that I can't replace right now, which is why I'm hesitant. But the critical strike chance is so good.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Rare is def better with the imprint. Without it, it's hard to tell. You have two good affixes on the rare vs one good affix and the aspect.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I was hoping for 'you idiot, you absolute moron, the rare is better'.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Kaddish posted:

bamhand posted:

Wrong. The rare has vulnerable so it's about 23% better. Unless you enjoy picking bad items, you should always stack vulnerable, crit damage, crit chance because they are multiplicative (thanks tooltips).

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Vulnerable damage is hueg, life regen is worthless, crit chance is probably better than crit damage. If you have any lucky hit effects then LHC is ok.

But basically replacing damage to close with vulnerable damage is massive.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
If I wanted to maximize glyph xp and get one to 15 asap, but find t21 just a bit tricky depending on mods, am I better off running like t16? Or is the scaling really good and could I get to 15 over the course of a few high tier ones?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

satanic splash-back posted:

Wrong. The rare has vulnerable so it's about 23% better. Unless you enjoy picking bad items, you should always stack vulnerable, crit damage, crit chance because they are multiplicative (thanks tooltips).

The aspect is also multiplicative.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Turns out my hoarding paid off and I had another copy of that aspect anyway. Thanks for the input everyone.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kaddish posted:

Reroll the life regen to try and get vulnerable damage.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I would love some sort of matchmaking or something idk. I really don’t want to have to coordinate playing with other people in any capacity but it would be nice

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

What level should I move to WT4 everything in WT3 is no challenge at level 54 , is it better to level there or WT4

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

RBX posted:

Reroll the life regen to try and get vulnerable damage.

Its way more expensive to reroll a stat on items that are already legendary. Not counting the aspect, the rare ring he has is way better since he can reroll either the lucky hit or damage vs stunned (i dont know which is better for rogues) to crit damage and it will be much cheaper. Without knowing anything about rogue, I would even suggest that rerolling the ring to get crit damage and putting any other useful aspect on it would make it better, but maybe the aspect on his current ring is insane or something

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

FootballFreak2 posted:

What level should I move to WT4 everything in WT3 is no challenge at level 54 , is it better to level there or WT4

If you can beat the capstone dungeon you can easily move up.

Most people can do it around 60-65, but I've seen some do it closer to your level.

WT4 will have all enemies at 73+ so keep that in mind. I didn't do a lot of WT3 nightmare dungeons, but I'd imagine if you can handle those at the 15 range you'll move through the capstone easily.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

FootballFreak2 posted:

What do you mean by everything? What level of NM dungeon are you able to run? Overworld content being easy is normal, but typically people are usually lvl 60+ before they can run the capstone dungeon.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Is there an easy way to tell which rares cannot be imprinted with an aspect prior to rerolling a stat?

I think I read that it happens on rares from certain named elites, but that's difficult to track when you're just running around doing stuff.

Wasted 3m gold getting one to great stats then went to imprint an aspect and got told to gently caress off.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure all the named rares have flavor text in the tooltip.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
So we finally have some clarification on those chase items

https://twitter.com/AZJackson85/status/1672465211159363584

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
5. Unless something dramatically changes, you will never get to use them because they take thousands of hours of grinding!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure all the named rares have flavor text in the tooltip.

The rare items from the "Super Elite" semi static spawn mobs can be upgraded and imprinted - retaining the flavor text.

Unsure about other quest rewards however

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
That ring is a good example of a question: what's the ranking for damage vs vulnerable, crit chance, lucky hit chance? That order? Crit chance on top?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Aredna posted:

Is there an easy way to tell which rares cannot be imprinted with an aspect prior to rerolling a stat?

I think I read that it happens on rares from certain named elites, but that's difficult to track when you're just running around doing stuff.

Wasted 3m gold getting one to great stats then went to imprint an aspect and got told to gently caress off.

This happens when you have only a little more gold than you need to imprint the aspect. You can still imprint but go farm more gold for 10 minutes and it will let you. It’s a weird bug but an easy fix. Had this happen and when I googled it there were a bunch of ppl running into it and fixing it this way

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Wow I actually got one of these items and didn't realize it was one of the super rare drops. Vendored it since it was trash

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
just got to the part of the game where i need to run nightmare dungeons and is it just me or is the pool for potential nm dungeons really small? is there a reason why every dungeon can't be a nm dungeon?

Pff
Aug 17, 2012

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

just got to the part of the game where i need to run nightmare dungeons and is it just me or is the pool for potential nm dungeons really small? is there a reason why every dungeon can't be a nm dungeon?

I think they all have a "kill everything" section and they excluded ones that don't have that.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Working theory is you need a 820 item power rare to drop. Which you likely never see. Then it has to roll unique. And it has roll in this pool of uniques.

So never

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Yes it's small. Yes it sucks.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ive been keeping the best rolled version of each unique ive seen drop and my highest is ilvl 819. the chance of getting one of those 820s must be incredibly small lol.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Quizzlefish posted:

Yes it's small. Yes it sucks.

yeah it could be bigger or whatever but have you run all the dungeons once for aspects/renown? all the ones in one zone only have like 2-3 variations. and the nmds currently represent some of each of those from what i remember. they’re all very much the same regardless of being in the nm pool or not

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I love that Diablo's real name is Alfred Diabolos

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Hit Man posted:

Working theory is you need a 820 item power rare to drop. Which you likely never see. Then it has to roll unique. And it has roll in this pool of uniques.

So never

I'm gonna call it again that when seasons start there will be wt5 starting at level 85 with higher item levels available and thats where they are supposed to drop normally, otherwise this is just so bizarre design

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 24, 2023

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wt5 is already in the game files

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Is it just me or is that amulet kinda lovely? The legendary effect I mean.
Also I wonder how many of these have dropped for the super casuals who don't post about it, like there are some people responding to this that they have vendored some of these because they didn't realize they were super rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Kaddish posted:

I'm not sure what build you are running that uses imitated imbuements but that aspect is trash. Would def roll the rare and stick like, expectant (if using CP) or umbral or maybe corruption on it.