Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's definitely a better outcome than that lunatic getting anywhere near actual power, but what an anticlimax. Have to imagine there's going to be a higher than usual amount of paranoia about actual generals getting similar ideas though, especially if Prigozhin doesn't wind up with a case of being dead very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
im guessing the deal was that wagner gets integrated into the russian army as planned and prigozhin gets to go quietly into retirement without a polonium sandwich

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Biden will do about Russia whatever President Xi of China wants him to do. Remember, Hunter & Joe illegally took large amounts of money from both countries, but China right now is the bigger threat. China & Russia, until Biden came along, have always been natural enemies, with China wanting large portions of largely unpopulated Russian land to have for their much larger population. This is China’s heretofore unthinkable opportunity, much bigger than Taiwan, which to President Xi, can wait!

A big mess in Russia, but be careful what you wish for. Next in may be far worse!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Orange Devil posted:

I don't know how Putput can make a deal after going on air to address the Russian people that traitors are afoot and will be punished though. Seems real undermining your own authority there. I'm sure that won't have nasty consequences down the line.

Exile, decimation, I'm trying to think of all of the other Crisis of the Third Century policy tools. Conversion to Christianity as a unifying mechanism?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Hey FF I gave it some thought, and that golf cart thing would be Mad Max as hell for this kind of road trip.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

congratulations on all the posts everyone

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Putin told him he would increase the weekly putler checks in the posting front

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
hey everyone was wrong about this, I myself had confirmed with several sources that putin was about to off himself and had been crying for a long time.

We all get things wrong, the important thing is that this outcome is boring and the thead is gonna die now

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

I'm sure (assuming this is real) Putin won't send a guy to whack his rear end in a few days for killing a bunch of military guys and embarrassing him by making strides towards Moscow...

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

sighing as I delete my Twitter thread about how the history of Wagner dudes wearing black suns and swastikas is actually complicated and nuanced. But then smiling as I realize I can go back to saying how Wagner means azov is no big deal.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Just woke up to 2000 posts that I'm not reading, but from what I've gleaned from social media accounts:

- Prigozhin tried to coup, possibly because of the Wagner integration stuff

- Blockaded a town & started moving towards Moscow

- At some point realized that this isn't kicking off mass defections & he isnt ready for a total war with Russia

- Surrendered, Putin now talking about criminal charges

Is that about right? Did Ukraine manage to capitalize on any of the chaos or did the defensive lines basically not notice?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
lol that choppers got shot down for this

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Exile, decimation, I'm trying to think of all of the other Crisis of the Third Century policy tools. Conversion to Christianity as a unifying mechanism?

simply tie the peasants to the land

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

sullat posted:

So no coup? Show's over?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I think we should recognize the real hero in all this, Alexander Lukashenko.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Thats just the natural state of helicopters

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

lol

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

crepeface posted:

im guessing the deal was that wagner gets integrated into the russian army as planned and prigozhin gets to go quietly into retirement without a polonium sandwich

Might catch a case of the lead flu though.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Wagner has done more damage and taken more territory then Ukraine has this entire counter offensive.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Prigozhailure pamps are extra poopy today

You are only as good your last battle. The US is a fading empire.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Yeah, but China's the successor, not Russia.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Neurolimal posted:

Just woke up to 2000 posts that I'm not reading, but from what I've gleaned from social media accounts:

- Prigozhin tried to coup, possibly because of the Wagner integration stuff

- Blockaded a town & started moving towards Moscow

- At some point realized that this isn't kicking off mass defections & he isnt ready for a total war with Russia

- Surrendered, Putin now talking about criminal charges

Is that about right? Did Ukraine manage to capitalize on any of the chaos or did the defensive lines basically not notice?
I saw some posts talking about how Ukraine forces were crossing the Dnipr or something, I dunno I didn't really pay attention or follow up, but the impression I get is vaguely yes probably, at least in a couple places, if those stories are to be believed. Seems plausible enough, it'd be dumb not to

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
are you telling me Wagner just went for a loving drive

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

I don't know how Putput can make a deal after going on air to address the Russian people that traitors are afoot and will be punished though. Seems real undermining your own authority there. I'm sure that won't have nasty consequences down the line.

Yeah unless the deal was that Prigozhin fucks off to Kazakhstan with a suitcase full of diamonds I feel like this just kicks the can down the road. Like what's the endgame here, Prigozhin has his own independent army in Lugansk forever? Clearly that's not a stable situation and neither side would have any reason to trust one another.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Missingnoleader posted:

Wagner has done more damage and taken more territory then Ukraine has this entire counter offensive.

ukraine never tried driving to moscow and asking putin to give into their demands

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Its cool I could see their parachutes

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

breathing aids posted:

If an armed convoy of 25,000 5,000 armed rebel soldiers was on their way to DC in earnest, they’d be bombed to ashes in less than an hour.

that depends. are those rebels commies or nazis?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, but China's the successor, not Russia.

Very much remains to be seen if their upcoming demographic crisis is going to make that possible. It might be a short run at the top.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Worlds most publicized temper tantrum

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Having breakfast and shooting down choppers with the boys

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Very much remains to be seen if their upcoming demographic crisis is going to make that possible. It might be a short run at the top.

what demographic crisis, China isn't Japan

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this poo poo is giving me whiplash, i happened on that rwa post 15 seconds after they posted it, expecting it to be another rumor on the pile, and then now suddenly it's all over again

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

thank u gordon chang

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Nonsense posted:

what demographic crisis, China isn't Japan

Their fertility rate is below Japan's, just delayed.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Missingnoleader posted:

The only thing that can beat an orc is another orc

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Three day weekend dude

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Driving to your boss's house to demand your last paycheck, relatable

breathing aids
Jun 22, 2023

by vyelkin

Hit Man posted:

They have anti air. They've apparently shot down a bunch of stuff. They're not defenseless. It's not magic

If portable air defense was impervious when you have zero air support of your own, the Ukranian counteroffensive wouldn’t be doing so badly. “Apparently” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here- how many helicopters got shot down?

mlmp08 posted:

What are you talking about? Bombers don't just sit around with pre-planned strike packages, all the maintainers on hand, just waiting to blow up highways at all times. This poo poo takes time. Russia's targeting cycle has been repatedly slow and inaccurate in the best of times. Dealing with a weird-rear end warlord insurrection in your own cities is not the best of times.

The US security state would respond violently if a chunk of the military or PMC tried to coup President Biden, and he’s much more unpopular and incompetent than Putin. Either the Russian security state is a bunch of incompetent chimps (racist western mainstream view), or the russian army uniformly decided not to help putin or help wagner (??), or this was not a real attempt to coup Putin. It was a negotiating tactic or an op, or both. You’ve been had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
All those dudes with the construction vehicles rolling their eyes and start filling the highways back in