Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what a wet fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"

CommieGIR posted:

LMAO if this is real and all it took is a puppet talking down Wagner, what a joke of a rebellion.

Strong man my rear end.

This seems crazy. Prigozhin has to know that Putin can’t be trusted, right? What the hell was he offered? Why would he think there aren’t going to be endless attempts on his life incoming?

e: not asking rhetorical questions — I honestly can’t make any sense of this at all and am hoping that somebody can help me out here

the other hand fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 24, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

maybe they got lost

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Randarkman posted:

There's other sources saying they're denying a deal or turning around.

Yeah, as said, I don't know WTF is going on, but I find audio more compelling than a Telegram text message.

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
I've seen like three different translations of that statement now that all seem to have very different tones lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

he's going to live out his days in a field tent, hundreds of miles from any buildings with more than 3 floors with windows

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

the other hand posted:

This seems crazy. Prigozhin has to know that Putin can’t be trusted, right? What the hell was he offered? Why would he think there aren’t going to be endless attempts on his life incoming?

Also Putin fled and allowed a hostile force to get to Moscow, where the rich people live. That seems real bad for him if he's not hanging someone for it afterwards.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Somone secretly switched the copium with coupium

coup d'blyat

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I guess Prigozhin did this to prove that he could

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also Putin fled and allowed a hostile force to get to Moscow, where the rich people live. That seems real bad for him if he's not hanging someone for it afterwards.

The art of compromise is to ensure that everybody is unhappy.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

maybe they got lost

It was that hole that they dug up in the middle of the road. It stopped the convoy and they had to negotiate.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There is absolutely no way Putin maintains a solid grasp on power after this. He couldn't stop it, and even if Wagner backs down, Putin's internal image is badly damaged.

This is some divine comedy poo poo.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Prigozhin's days surely numbered.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Let's see Putin wriggle out of this one

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Russia troops wont trust Wagner forces and vice versa now either.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Lol they destroyed a bunch of roads with backhoes for nothing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So Prig blew up 3 helicopters and a command plane to....?????

Yeah no

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do we have any hard evidence that Putin fled Moscow?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well, we can conclusively say that Russia is the new Roman empire, complete with general strongarming the emperor for personal gain

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Quizzlefish posted:

As long as he stays below 3 floors, he'll be fine. He has to be aware that he's on Putin's list now too. Dude is never going to go near Moscow again for a long time.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Barudak posted:

So Prig blew up 3 helicopters and a command plane to....?????

Yeah no

6 helicopters as per Oryx.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

the other hand posted:

This seems crazy. Prigozhin has to know that Putin can’t be trusted, right? What the hell was he offered?

Some very fine tea.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

smoobles posted:

Let's see Putin wriggle out of this one

Putin's entire hold on power was held in in his strongman image. Its been blasted away to nearly nothing in the last 12 hours. Someone is going to be looking to use that to their advantage.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
It makes no goddamn sense. Doing what he did is crossing the rubicon

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Quizzlefish posted:

Ah, well. Nevertheless.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

beer_war posted:

I don't know WTF is going on, but there's audio of Prig saying it's over.

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672658620671041540?s=20

remember the cardinal rule of Russian propaganda in this day and age is just to fill the air with so much smoke that no one knows what's real and what's not

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Runa posted:

I guess Prigozhin did this to prove that he could

At least his forces got a little day trip out of it. Maybe they can stop for ice cream on the way back to Rostov/the frontlines of Ukraine.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

There’s no way the mercenaries and defectors are just going back as if nothing happened. Leave Meat Story, through the Papa John’s desert, to their old abandoned or retaken positions? What?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CommieGIR posted:

There is absolutely no way Putin maintains a solid grasp on power after this. He couldn't stop it, and even if Wagner backs down, Putin's internal image is badly damaged.

This is some divine comedy poo poo.

Also they've shown there is no real effort or ability to defend Russia internally from a military standpoint. If Ukraine (just hypothetically) invaded they'd find a lot of unprepared or fleeing Russian soldiers all the way to Moscow.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

poo poo, the party is over guys.

The coup is finished, and all parties involved will pretend like nothing happened.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I hear they are more interested in papa johns

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

kecske posted:

he's going to live out his days in a field tent, hundreds of miles from any buildings with more than 3 floors with windows

It really needs to be made clear that this is fundamentally not good enough, he launched the most blatant coup you can imagine, having to subtly assassinate him is a major loss for Putin's regime, it suggests that there are no real official ways to handle this, like a normal country would simply put him on trial and execute him or at least imprison him for life. If he goes back to being a free man who's still involved in this war in any way, even if Putin arranges a very heavy flowerpot to fall on his head it belies an extreme weakness of his regime and of him personally.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Question for our Russian-speakers. When Putin gave a speech earlier today, he seemed, to American eyes, nearly emotionless; very little sign of anger even when saying very angry things. Is this normal civilized behavior, for Russian politicians, when giving a speech? Is this Putin?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They crossed the Rubicon, flipped a bird and yelled "gently caress you", turned around, and going back across the Rubicon in the opposite direction

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also they've shown there is no real effort or ability to defend Russia internally from a military standpoint. If Ukraine (just hypothetically) invaded they'd find a lot of unprepared or fleeing Russian soldiers all the way to Moscow.

Not to mention more than a handful of MOD leadership that likely quietly or openly sided with Wagner. Putin spend decades purging potential traitors and all that was undone overnight.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
i could see putin pushing the narritive that they stopped so others dont join in.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

SLOSifl posted:

There’s no way the mercenaries and defectors are just going back as if nothing happened. Leave Meat Story, through the Papa John’s desert, to their old abandoned or retaken positions? What?

There will be some really uncomfortable meetings between MoD loyalist troops, and those that jumped on the Wagner train.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

drunkill posted:

coup d'blyat

Mods!

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They crossed the Rubicon, flipped a bird and yelled "gently caress you", turned around, and going back across the Rubicon in the opposite direction

ah, So u invade Ukraine just to pillage it? Do tell. (Putin gets mad at me) Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

lol at being yelled at by a babushka for tearing up the road in town to defend the nazis from other nazis but nothing happens