Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I said let them fight, goddammit

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Could this just be a feint from Prigozhin in order to by time for reinforcements?

Or is the ending of this coup just as stupid as it's start?

LOL

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
You can start a a coup and just walk away from it

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Prig: It was just a prank, bro! Relax!

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Wagner mercenaries: We're still going to get paid. Right? Right?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Maybe Prigo realized being in charge of Russia sucks rear end and changed his mind

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Desperately want to know what agreement was made that had them just give up. He sobered up, realised he was hosed and took a "I won't kill you if you won't kill me" deal from the world's least trustworthy man?

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
This is so weird. I can only assume they didn't expect to be allowed to make it 3/4 of the way to Moscow without opposition, and got spooked because they didn't have any ideas about what to do once they got there, like a dog who caught a car. But what exactly did they want that they will get in this deal? How do they go back to fighting in Ukraine like nothing happened? How does Prigozhin expect to go on without a big target on his head? Bizarre.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

the other hand posted:

This seems crazy. Prigozhin has to know that Putin can’t be trusted, right? What the hell was he offered? Why would he think there aren’t going to be endless attempts on his life incoming?

e: not asking rhetorical questions — I honestly can’t make any sense of this at all and am hoping that somebody can help me out here

If it's legit I assume that means nobody in the russian military was siding with him and he decided his 2-5k man convoy trying to take Moscow alone had worse survival chances than an agreement with putin and spending the rest of his life avoiding rooms with windows.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
The connect ending is that he goes back to being a chef

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I am extremely curious what the details of this de-escalation path are.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Roman Reigns posted:

Maybe Prigo realized being in charge of Russia sucks rear end and changed his mind

"Man, if they can't beat me, what the gently caress am I inheriting? gently caress!"

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Quizzlefish posted:

The connect ending is that he goes back to being a chef

That ain't beef in those hotdogs

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mrs. Dash posted:

If it's legit I assume that means nobody in the russian military was siding with him and he decided his 2-5k man convoy trying to take Moscow alone had worse survival chances than an agreement with putin and spending the rest of his life avoiding rooms with windows.

yeah.. but like it's a death sentence now, no matter what Putin agrees to most of those Wagner soldiers are gonna end up dead. Backing off is insane.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Maybe Putin promised to step down willingly?

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

What the gently caress is happening? Again the least likely thing imaginable happens.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hm.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

LanceHunter posted:

I am extremely curious what the details of this de-escalation path are.

Rather than Wagner being absorbed into the Russian army, the Russian army will be absorbed into Wagner.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Gonna be a real awkward tea party in the future.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Pretty sure you don’t get to do a takesy backys on a full blown coups attempt without being shot in the back on your way out and he knows that, I’m going with this being misinformation.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

0% about this stupid loving war makes any sense

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Soylent Yellow posted:

Rather than Wagner being absorbed into the Russian army, the Russian army will be absorbed into Wagner.

I did hear some people legitimately argue when this was first starting that Hot Dog Nazi was really making a play for control of the MoD, not the nation. Maybe he's getting that?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

a cyborg mug posted:

0% about this stupid loving war makes any sense

the goon who suggested watching anime instead of Russia news nailed it

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

drunkill posted:

coup d'blyat

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lukashenko, peacemaker.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Imagine being an actual army unit defecting a few hours ago and now having to go back to your old boss and go "uuuhhhhh, so, how 'bout those orders? Ukraine is it?"

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

I did hear some people legitimately argue when this was first starting that Hot Dog Nazi was really making a play for control of the MoD, not the nation. Maybe he's getting that?

This thing has for sure stunk mightily of the late Roman Empire through this entire course of events yeah.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 24, 2023

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Waiting to watch Wagner PMC forces re-mutiny upon hearing this news and steamroll Moscow anyway.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Is there any verifiable proof they turned back?

This is such a weird turn of events, considering all the alledged defections, you gotta wonder if this is some kind of deepfake or feint

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

And people said, the Modern Warfare games were "unrealistic" and "over the top"

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

what the gently caress

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

free hubcaps posted:

buddy we've been dead all along

The secret to Bushido

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Pretty sure you don’t get to do a takesy backys on a full blown coups attempt without being shot in the back on your way out and he knows that, I’m going with this being misinformation.

Prigozhin to Luka: Shut up fatman or you're next.
Luka announcement: We have come to an accord.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
Why turn back? That’s bullshit

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Mikojan posted:

Is there any verifiable proof they turned back?

This is such a weird turn of events, considering all the alledged defections, you gotta wonder if this is some kind of deepfake or feint

As usual, wait and see.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tei posted:

poo poo, the party is over guys.

The coup is finished, and all parties involved will pretend like nothing happened.

It's like going back to work after that one office retreat where that thing happened that we aren't going to bring up

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1672662959481577472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1672662959481577472

all hail minister of defence yevgeny viktorovich prigozhin