Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

is there a reason why every dungeon can't be a nm dungeon?

Their stated reason is they want to rotate them every season so players don't focus on the same few every time. The problem with that is every dungeon is the same so it makes no difference.

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I'm gonna call it again that when seasons start there will be wt5 starting at level 85 with higher item levels available and thats where they are supposed to drop normally, otherwise this is just so bizarre design

Given the current state of the game this is definitely something they're saving for a later season, I'd guess 3 at minimum. 1 and 2 will be general polish and qol stuff aka finishing the game as it should have been at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Tonetta posted:

They really need to add an additional tier of rolls on gear in season 1, I've been wearing some of the same pieces I've gotten 20 levels ago now. If not that, at least adjust the band so it's not the same poo poo for 30 levels.

I'm still using some WT2 rare rings at level 71 because they give big bonuses to crit chance, crit damage, and vulnerable damage. I haven't found rings with more than one of those effects since level 50!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
There's definitely a large dead zone in the game because it seems pretty clear there's supposed to be another world tier. It's not just leveling that slows dramatically once you hit wt3/4, but they definitely stretch the loot pool too.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Swilo posted:

Their stated reason is they want to rotate them every season so players don't focus on the same few every time. The problem with that is every dungeon is the same so it makes no difference

There's what, 120-130 dungeons in the game? If you just made it completely random, trying to reroll for one or two dungeons would get annoying enough that most people would probably just look for the ones to avoid instead, and like I've mentioned before, it would make the renown grind easier because every roll would be a potential unconquered dungeon.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is the Butcher spawn completely random?

Because I first encountered him at like level 15ish, then like really soon again a few levels later, wrecking my poo poo both times. Then I didn't see him at all again until just now at lvl 53, where I finally beat him. Then literally the next dungeon I did he appeared again?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Is the Butcher spawn completely random?

Because I first encountered him at like level 15ish, then like really soon again a few levels later, wrecking my poo poo both times. Then I didn't see him at all again until just now at lvl 53, where I finally beat him. Then literally the next dungeon I did he appeared again?

yeah

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I saw the butcher once at level 10 and never again, for 80 hours of gameplay

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

I found a treasure goblin cellar at lvl 65 t3. 3 goblins total, 1 of them dropped 2 sacred legos, the other 2 dropped sacred rares.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I found the triple goblin cellar at like level 4 and then never again. Also I feel like goblins should at least drop one guaranteed legendary. It feels really lovely to chase one down in the middle of a huge fight and have it drop 3 yellows and a negligible amount of gold.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Kalli posted:

I didn't get any for awhile either and then they started dropping constantly. My suspicion is they start dropping from tree of whispers caches once you have a # of glyphs unlocked

This seems to have been it, they started dropping as soon as I unlocked a glyph and did the tree.

Are the rewards for nightmare dungeons good enough to just do without any other benefit, or should you wait for it to be a tree quest, side quest, or some other way to kill two birds with one stone? They are all for dungeons for with different class aspects and dungeons are pretty boring, not sure I want to do the same one later if a quest pops up there.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

American McGay posted:

I found the triple goblin cellar at like level 4 and then never again. Also I feel like goblins should at least drop one guaranteed legendary. It feels really lovely to chase one down in the middle of a huge fight and have it drop 3 yellows and a negligible amount of gold.

they are nice to find in Helltides because they always drop a good amount of cinders at least

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

This seems to have been it, they started dropping as soon as I unlocked a glyph and did the tree.

Are the rewards for nightmare dungeons good enough to just do without any other benefit, or should you wait for it to be a tree quest, side quest, or some other way to kill two birds with one stone? They are all for dungeons for with different class aspects and dungeons are pretty boring, not sure I want to do the same one later if a quest pops up there.

theyre better than anything else in the game lol

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I love that Diablo's real name is Alfred Diabolos
Wyrd Al Djabolic.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Pain of Mind posted:

Are the rewards for nightmare dungeons good enough to just do without any other benefit, or should you wait for it to be a tree quest, side quest, or some other way to kill two birds with one stone?

Once you're done with the renown grind you've done most dungeons already. After that you just have helltides and nightmare dungeons as ways to progress. The per-dungeon reward with glyphs is boring, the eventual reward (especially with Exploit and Destruction) is pretty substantial, but you're just going to be doing them regardless because that's the endgame thing.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’ve been mixing my 75+ gameplay up so that I don’t get burnt out. Mostly just farming obols from world events, trying to find a good roll on some aspects I need. Doing random dungeons to fill out my codex. If there’s a helltide up and I’m feeling it I’ll try to get at least 2 mystery chests. Maybe some of those really easy 1 point whisper events if they’re nearby.

I should probably focus more on just NMD and leveling my glyphs but I like the variety of just doing whatever I feel like at any time.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm only at Level 59 but I'm having a fine old time with my janky rapid fire / imbuement / preparation shadow clone build doing level 67 NM dungeons. Weird question, but is there a point where having additional sources of flat damage from aspects (like arrow rain, etc.) scale better than piling a little bit more on top of a multiplicative multiplier, or do you just never hit that point when choosing between aspects?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

TjyvTompa posted:

Is it just me or is that amulet kinda lovely? The legendary effect I mean.
Also I wonder how many of these have dropped for the super casuals who don't post about it, like there are some people responding to this that they have vendored some of these because they didn't realize they were super rare.

that amulet was extremely powerful in the end game beta and made some builds unkillable. IIRC it was nerfed since then but it's so rare now that no one knows if it's still OP or not.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Lima posted:

I found a treasure goblin cellar at lvl 65 t3. 3 goblins total, 1 of them dropped 2 sacred legos, the other 2 dropped sacred rares.

i did one helltide where i came across probably a dozen or more goblins in rapid succession, it was odd. reminded me of the occasional d3 rifts that were populated with a billion treasure goblins and you frantically ran around trying to scoop them up before they fled

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Bring back the blue jello goblins

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Is it just a build issue that I'm level 53 and doing some nightmare stuff and I've run into elites that have health regen aka Vampiric where my DPS was just not enough to kill them fast enough. I'd get them down to basically their last 1/8th of the health bar and they'd hit the cycle in their attack routine where they'd leech health. It was getting annoying. Is there any "counter" to this other than hit harder?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

soggybagel posted:

Is it just a build issue that I'm level 53 and doing some nightmare stuff and I've run into elites that have health regen aka Vampiric where my DPS was just not enough to kill them fast enough. I'd get them down to basically their last 1/8th of the health bar and they'd hit the cycle in their attack routine where they'd leech health. It was getting annoying. Is there any "counter" to this other than hit harder?

Do you have any CC?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

soggybagel posted:

You're probably just not doing enough damage. I've never run into an elite with vampiric that I wasn't able to kill just as fast as any other.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

SHISHKABOB posted:

You're probably just not doing enough damage. I've never run into an elite with vampiric that I wasn't able to kill just as fast as any other.

It's only happened twice now but it was annoying. As far as CC I am running a barbarian build and I think its just a bit underpowered right now. I'll keep plugging away.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Even more embarrassing is the objective-enemies (pillars, tumors, etc) when you have the "enemies regen hp" modifier and they outheal your resource use.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What the gently caress is the orange dot on some of the dungeon map icons

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

What the gently caress is the orange dot on some of the dungeon map icons

The captstone dungeons? I guess that's all it means.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That thing. The internet seems to think it indicates that you've got the aspect on a different character, but others say that they only have one character and still have the dot. I'm trying to figure out which dungeons I need to do for renown on a character

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I’ve interpreted that dot to mean that character hasn’t completed it. If no character has completed it then it’ll also list the aspect reward when you scroll over it

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Someone posted a level 100 bone Necro build the other night that I copied and it is way better than the bone spear / corpse explosion build that I was using.

Thanks! It made my Necro much more fun to play. I'm still only in the 50s on this character but even without all the gear it's much more solid with better resource generation.

I still wish they had a decent speed increase skill though.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
For the Necro are mages recommended to be shadow or cold? I’m thinking of investing in the cold mages

Edit: it would be cool to resurrect enemies ala Diablo 2 but oh well

Gatts fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 24, 2023

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
So how many of y'all are playing this on good headphones or out of a receiver? Cause I'm just gonna say if you aren't and its possible, you should. It's insanely immersive. And with good positional audio, if you zoom in, not that you'd do so on purpose, but the positional stuff gets even better.

Add weed to taste.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Their sound team absolutely knocked it out the park. Great score too, actually memorable while being more atmospheric than 3s which was just standard orchestral game soundtrack #89786

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Gatts posted:

For the Necro are mages recommended to be shadow or cold? I’m thinking of investing in the cold mages

Edit: it would be cool to resurrect enemies ala Diablo 2 but oh well
You generally want to pick the one that your build buffs towards but there's an aspect/unique that makes them freeze enemies and it's really solid CC that helps your army mow things down faster so I generally go with cold. Look at whether your build buffs for either element more or if your build buffs DoT more/less than CC, as shadow mages should be doing DoT while the cold mages do CC.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

That thing. The internet seems to think it indicates that you've got the aspect on a different character, but others say that they only have one character and still have the dot. I'm trying to figure out which dungeons I need to do for renown on a character

Hmm yeah Idk, I just logged onto a character who hasn't run any dungeons, and while I can't see most of the map, the handful of dungeons I can see seem to go like this: if it's got an aspect I haven't unlocked, as in I have never run the dungeon on any character, it shows the loot chest icon. All the other ones show that orange dot.

I ran one with the orang dot and it turned into a green check on my character who had never run any dungeons. So that's what it means. That character hasn't run the dungeon, and but another character has, so the aspect has been unlocked.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Substandard posted:

Someone posted a level 100 bone Necro build the other night that I copied and it is way better than the bone spear / corpse explosion build that I was using.

Thanks! It made my Necro much more fun to play. I'm still only in the 50s on this character but even without all the gear it's much more solid with better resource generation.

I still wish they had a decent speed increase skill though.

That was probably me, glad you are having more fun. There is a 1h version of the build that gives up damage to use an extra aspect which makes Blood Mist into a speed boost. You combine that aspect with a boot aspect to give your extra movespeed after being unstoppable, since Blood Mist makes you unstoppable. I am looking for a Source so I can try the build out, but I wouldn't recommend doing it until you are higher level and have good gear.

I am actually considering just putting out my own video since there are so many bad bone necro builds coming out right now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

Hmm yeah Idk, I just logged onto a character who hasn't run any dungeons, and while I can't see most of the map, the handful of dungeons I can see seem to go like this: if it's got an aspect I haven't unlocked, as in I have never run the dungeon on any character, it shows the loot chest icon. All the other ones show that orange dot.

I ran one with the orang dot and it turned into a green check on my character who had never run any dungeons. So that's what it means. That character hasn't run the dungeon, and but another character has, so the aspect has been unlocked.

I ran one and I thought I was looking pretty hard but I didn't see a +rep notice at the end. I coulda missed it, I'll try another one.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

So what's the verdict, worth playing now or waiting for some polish like Diablo 3? I've got a vacation coming up so I'll avoid buying it until at least after that because once I bought a dopamine addiction game right before a vacation and got the shakes from withdrawl.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Tom Tucker posted:

So what's the verdict, worth playing now or waiting for some polish like Diablo 3? I've got a vacation coming up so I'll avoid buying it until at least after that because once I bought a dopamine addiction game right before a vacation and got the shakes from withdrawl.

If you don't mind that some skills are clearly better than others, and that there are head scratcher problems with qol that will undoubtedly get fixed, go for it. The baseline is good and even before patches it's still a really fun game. If you wanted to wait, I wouldn't blame you because there are some odd bits here and there, but none of them are that big of a deal.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Tom Tucker posted:

If you like current diablo 3 for more than a few hours then this is not the game for you

It's a slow burn comparatively, and better for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm absolutely not a hardcore gamer these days.

But I'm really, really enjoying it. The game scratches an itch I've been trying to scratch for a while. I'm not exactly a critic or anything, but I rarely put more than 20hours into a game, and I'm surely around double that at this point already.