Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TGLT posted:

I don't know how to tell you this, but Russia isn't actually like some unique nightmare state unprecedented in human history.

You jinxed it, tomorrow Russia is going to be lifted by bats and dragged into Tartarus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I know one thing, they are playing pretty loose with the rules of the simulation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Oldsmobile posted:

Yes but it's over.
the 8 hour coup

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

parthenocarpy posted:

Oh, my b. Thanks for the knowledge I guess!

always happy to unseal my mind palace.

steinrokkan posted:

You jinxed it, tomorrow Russia is going to be lifted by bats and dragged into Tartarus

Oh man I love Fallen London.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

I don't know if this will be the end of Putin or result in any changes at all for the government, but I do think Prigozhin has significantly weakened public affection for the special military operation, both directly by broadcasting criticisms of the war as an invention to benefit corrupt elites and indirectly by making it clear the war is having serious blowback consequences. Wagner was very popular among war supporters, and now the leader of Wagner is saying the justifications for the war were bullshit? No one can say the war is proceeding rhythmically and calmly at this point

The leader of Wagner is now willingly going back to warfare on Putin's behalf, in case points are being scored

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

slidebite posted:

Any chance if Shoigu genuinely feels threatened he tries something?

no. Shoigu was in power for as long as he was (only dude to be a minister of some kind for 25 years) in large part because since hes an ethnic minority from an ethnicity that only has 300k people almost entirely located within a single republic in siberia he has no actual base of support and is not a credible rival. Same reason Putin loves Kadyrov so much except Kadyrov is more delusional about moving up.

He could try something I guess but nobody would follow him

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 24, 2023

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Extra row of tits posted:

So how does this shake out for Ukraine? A bunch of Russia units bugged out, a good chuck of Wagner is currently having high tea in Moscow while the Ukrainian's seem to have pinched back a chunk of territory.

Main impact is probably just the average russian soldier is confused and a bit demoralized (more demoralized). It's not a big swing on the front lines.

Even Wagner likely did not completely abandon their sections. Like, the number of troops in the convoys on video were not their entire force. Lot of their best equipment, but not 20k people. Most of them are still in the trenches.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Happy birthday!

:tipshat: Thanks!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

parthenocarpy posted:

The leader of Wagner is now willingly going back to warfare on Putin's behalf, in case points are being scored

He's apparently not, actually, he's retiring to Africa

EDIT: unless you mean "he's willingly going back to warfare in Africa on Putin's behalf" which, I guess yeah, but it beats being in the trenches in Bakhmut and is not exactly a useful outcome for Putin trying to militarily defeat Ukraine now is it

kru
Oct 5, 2003

This changes nothing!!! I scream as I cede power to an insurgent force and my diaper overflows with effluent

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

parthenocarpy posted:

one of the rumors leaking about about the as-yet undefined deal being struck is that no, wagner is going back to africa to beat up more africans for more diamonds so we can't even be sure about this one! :gary:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

weg posted:

Putin thought he had the biggest pickup truck and controlled all the hamburgers but it turns out he's now in a hamburger sharing agreement with a guy who just installed a new lift kit.

I hope this helps.

:hai:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

scene cuts to Shoigu listlessly drinking a shot in a tatty bar while watching himself confess on TV

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Does anyone have a reliable source for the helicopters/plane downed? Trying to share the info and can't find it all in one place.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
it has been an honor to shitpost with you all through whatever the hell this is

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Coolguye posted:

one of the rumors leaking about about the as-yet undefined deal being struck is that no, wagner is going back to africa to beat up more africans for more diamonds so we can't even be sure about this one! :gary:

Ahh cool, that doesn't sound like warfare at all. Thanks for the correction, my b.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hang on, nevermind, this is another unconfirmed thing that is now dropping:

we can't even be sure that there's any agreement at all! :chaostrump:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Yevgeny Prigozhin Is About To Make Vladimir Putin His Bitch

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Coolguye posted:

thats a fake telegram account afaik

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Putin hasn’t actually conceded any power, the potential is there, if the Wagner group wanted to press their advantage but until they do nothing has actually changed practically

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

thats a fake telegram account afaik

god i hope so

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

parthenocarpy posted:

Like, for real, what does this poo poo even mean?
If the "elected" president, whose role according to the constitution is it to appoint the military leadership, isn't able to make that decision without talking to Guy Fieri, that president isn't able to fully exercise the power and isn't entirely in control. In fact that would mean that Guy Fieri now essentially controls the military, which he can use to put pressure on the president.

Again though, we don't know what the deal is or even if it's real.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Deltasquid posted:

He's apparently not, actually, he's retiring to Africa

EDIT: unless you mean "he's willingly going back to warfare in Africa on Putin's behalf" which, I guess yeah, but it beats being in the trenches in Bakhmut and is not exactly a useful outcome for Putin trying to militarily defeat Ukraine now is it

if the deal is accurate and putin sticks to it for more than ten minutes, this is the funniest possible way for prig to flee the country

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
What's the deal with the Lukashenko/Lukashenka duality?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

parthenocarpy posted:

Like, for real, what does this poo poo even mean?

Prior to yesterday, if Putin wanted Shoigu in charge of MoD, and someone else didn't, Shoigu stayed in charge of MoD.

Yesterday, Putin wanted Shoigu in charge of MoD, and someone else didn't, and now Shoigu is not in charge of MoD.

This is less control than Putin had yesterday.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

One always lies and the other does too

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Russian/Belarusian

like Kiev/Kyiv

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I assume pronounciation. Russian (and I assume Belorusian and Ukrainian) vowels are pronounced differently based on where the stress in the word is, an "o" is pronounced kind of like a short "a" sound when it's not part of the stressed syllable.

e: Based on above answer I guess it's also straight up possible that Belarusian solves this by just writing it differently.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

the holy poopacy posted:

Prior to yesterday, if Putin wanted Shoigu in charge of MoD, and someone else didn't, Shoigu stayed in charge of MoD.

Yesterday, Putin wanted Shoigu in charge of MoD, and someone else didn't, and now Shoigu is not in charge of MoD.

This is less control than Putin had yesterday.

You have stated the absolute obvious and nothing like what is implied by stating the importance of such a thing happening. So. What. I know that happened. People are acting like now that that happened there are all sorts of implications. I'm laughing at the idea anyone can define a single implication at all

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Coolguye posted:

I can't even right now

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

parthenocarpy posted:

You have stated the absolute obvious and nothing like what is implied by stating the importance of such a thing happening. So. What. I know that happened. People are acting like now that that happened there are all sorts of implications. I'm laughing at the idea anyone can define a single implication at all

Congratulations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

IIRC the latter is a way of emasculating him by calling him the female gendered version of his name, but I could be wrong.

:shrug:

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

parthenocarpy posted:

Is there a Civilization analogy you could give me, like someone has a Humiliation meter score of 6 and they lose their nation when it hits 7? That would be really cool too! LOL that you think your business analogy has a practical application to wartime Russia

So weird to see Alexander Kerensky posting on the forums

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/AlecLuhn/status/1672689105539407874

Dr Spangle
Jul 31, 2022
boy, prigozhin sure is one slippery hotdog

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

It isn't clear what if any fighting happened on the ground, but at least 13 aircraft personnel were killed by Wagner according to fighter_bomber

(google translated)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Real politik piled high

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'd just like to stress that Twitter is not a reliable source for information in 2023

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Coolguye posted:

Lollll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

This was a hell of a ride to read through but ultimately, at the end of the day, the most hosed up part about all of this was that people tried to convince others to watch anime. Just disgraceful.