Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Alan_Shore posted:

Especially Sami and KO, who I pray every day come to AEW but they love money too much

I can't fault guys with families taking the "guaranteed financial security" route over the "well off, but not enough money to guarantee my family is well-cared for after I can't wrestle anymore" route. Yes, I'd love to see what they can do in AEW too, but it's pretty clearly not about the money specifically for both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

Moxley leaving didn't really affect Roman's heel turn in as much as WWE never actually gave an in-story reason at all for Roman's heel turn.

They sorta did, Heyman cut a promo early in the run saying that he had been left and forgotten during Covid just like Roman had been, and they were partnering for revenge on the haters. For the first few weeks of the heel run Roman was doing the Brock "why would I watch the show, Paul" gimmick ("SHOW UP AND WIN").

Then they pivoted to the Jey Uso feud and the Tribal Chief stuff and there he's been ever since.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Kvantum posted:

I can't fault guys with families taking the "guaranteed financial security" route over the "well off, but not enough money to guarantee my family is well-cared for after I can't wrestle anymore" route. Yes, I'd love to see what they can do in AEW too, but it's pretty clearly not about the money specifically for both of them.

If it was just the money, sure, but knowingly working for a rapist and working in Saudi Arabia, it just rubs me the wrong way. Money can buy many people. Not Mox though, a true hero

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's not like Tony Khan was offering 5 figures.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

It's not like Tony Khan was offering 5 figures.

He wasn’t offering an all expenses paid trip to beautiful Saudi Arabia though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He wasn’t offering an all expenses paid trip to beautiful Saudi Arabia though

I've heard it's a progressive nation. With a boardwalk.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

MJeff posted:

I've heard it's so beautiful, you won't want* to leave!

*be able to

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

It's true. They even let women drive now!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i will never respect or enjoy anyone who gets paid in money.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you get paid in hot dogs, hands shakes, and ious. For that you have my respect.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WWE continues to influence the world

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alan_Shore posted:

No post about this awesome video from SuperEyepatchWolf about the Roman Reigns storyline?

Alright, I'll link it: https://youtu.be/UaDAzXVycR4

Now I had stopped watching WWE way before the Bloodline started, and while watching this video I tried to remember what exactly got me to give up on WWE completely. I mean, I suffered throughout the entire Cena era, so what happened?

I honestly think it was Reigns that broke me. Suffering through his matches and promos, which were all terrible, knowing that he was the new Cena and he was going to be shoved down my throat for the next decade, I think that did me in.

Now, some of the stuff in this video which I've never seen looks good. Especially all the stuff with Sami. But it was all a complete accident on WWE's part, let's be honest. It was no delicately planned storyline like Hangman and the Elite, for instance.

Anyway, I highly recommend this video. It's long as gently caress but it's super entertaining and this guy is legit at analysing stuff while remaining humorous and emotionally open

I'm just saying that in the over 1 hour 30 of a video essay you could watch the 3 best matches of 2023 (according to me) and still have time left over to make yourself a cup of tea.

Miyahara & Nomura vs Aoyagi & Nomura - 22:33
Omega vs Ospreay - 34:38
Okada vs Takagi - 32:07

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I'm just saying that in the over 1 hour 30 of a video essay you could watch the 3 best matches of 2023 (according to me) and still have time left over to make yourself a cup of tea.

Miyahara & Nomura vs Aoyagi & Nomura - 22:33
Omega vs Ospreay - 34:38
Okada vs Takagi - 32:07

Well yes in that hour and a half you could literally not watch any WWE and come out ahead

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I liked the eyepatchwolf video. You’re telling me that I can follow the bloodline story without having to watch any full wwe episodes, and he’s already curated out all the post-leukemia, pre-Covid return nonsense? Sign me up.

I’m a little biased though, his explanation of the golden lovers saga was one of the things that got me into wrestling.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You could also just read about it on Wikipedia or something even faster and not have to listen to some YouTuber dickhead doing YouTube things for an hour and a half

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I like eye patch old, but 90 mins on reigns is a lot when it's just the Charlie Brown football gag.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

You could also just read about it on Wikipedia or something even faster and not have to listen to some YouTuber dickhead doing YouTube things for an hour and a half

That's true. That's why I go to imdb and read summaries of movies instead of watching them

You absolute clown

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Surely the only thing worse than watching a YouTube documentary about wrestling is reading a blog about wrestling

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Did you make the video drat

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
idk if I want to sit through hours of Roman Reigns promos when I can just read a 15 minute summary

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Y-y-y-y-y-yes M-m-m-m-muh-muh-muh-muh-my tribal chief.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the tribal Queef Fauxman Feigns!!!

can I get an AMEN!!!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Tampa Bae posted:

idk if I want to sit through hours of Roman Reigns promos when I can just read a 15 minute summary

I've not seen a tribal chief promo but I think it goes something like "acknowledge me, don't make me do this, sufferin' succotash son" *sobs at camera*

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I actually missed all of the really terrible Roman stuff so I enjoy him currently

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's all terrible.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The bloodline is about trauma

Traumatising the fans that is!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AEW WISH they had a story a quarter as good as the Bloodline

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

jackofarcades posted:

I actually missed all of the really terrible Roman stuff so I enjoy him currently

I don't miss it at all

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I agree with the poster who said that the best way to understand the roman story is to watch three random puro matches

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

That’s true! It sounds way less entertaining than watching a youtuber that I enjoy watching though, so I don’t think I’ll follow your advice. Thank you for trying to help though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The video reminded me how terrible Roman's first solo babyface run was. They kept trying to force him to be Cena when even Cena got destroyed trying to be Cena.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

The video reminded me how terrible Roman's first solo babyface run was. They kept trying to force him to be Cena when even Cena got destroyed trying to be Cena.

I can never forget.

I did forget Roman's huge chompers and bright blue eyes

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Long videos can be great. Folding Ideas' NFT video was legit amazing, but loving hell I don't care enough about Roman to watch WWE programming so I sure as gently caress ain't gonna watch a long as gently caress recap about Roman.

Everything Dan Olson produces is top-notch entertainment and/or informative. His breakdown of "The Book of Henry" was sublime.

Anyways...

Any further rumors on McIntyre or other intriguing names nearing an end of contract?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kalensc posted:

Everything Dan Olson produces is top-notch entertainment and/or informative. His breakdown of "The Book of Henry" was sublime.

Anyways...

Any further rumors on McIntyre or other intriguing names nearing an end of contract?

Drew just did an appearance and his contract isn't up until 2024.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The bloodline stuff is decent. It might actually be pretty good if it didn't have all WWE's gross sheen all over it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm willing to believe in another company this story would be decent, but the way WWE paces and produces segments makes it unwatchable.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's like a story from a 1993 cartoon and gets treated like it should be adapted into a screenplay. i have edited this messages to be less stanky, and will leave it at that

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Quantum of Phallus posted:

AEW WISH they had a story a quarter as good as the Bloodline

They did... it's just that Hangman holding the World Title was kind of a letdown compared to him chasing Kenny Omega.