Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

smoobles posted:

I'd just like to stress that Twitter is not a reliable source for information in 2023

What you don’t believe Elon Musk when he says it’s far more reliable than the mainstream media? I’d you can’t trust Elon who can you trust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Goon posting in 1991: "Well I'm glad that Gorbachev successfully supressed that coup attempt. I look forward to another century of the soviet union being a thing that exists."

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Guys. If my rook takes out my own bishop it doesn't mean I've lost control of the board.

It just means I have to play a lot more carefully and hope my oppents think it's part of some master gambit strategy.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

TK-42-1 posted:

This was a hell of a ride to read through but ultimately, at the end of the day, the most hosed up part about all of this was that people tried to convince others to watch anime. Just disgraceful.

ohh fuckk oh shuiiitttni thinkni'm going to puke

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

parthenocarpy posted:

You have stated the absolute obvious and nothing like what is implied by stating the importance of such a thing happening. So. What. I know that happened. People are acting like now that that happened there are all sorts of implications. I'm laughing at the idea anyone can define a single implication at all

You're being extremely resistant to the idea that Wagner doing a coup-lite and achieving exactly what they set out to do could in any way be bad for Putin.

Could you perhaps enlighten us with an argument for why it is good? Because it's really hard to argue that this definitely won't have any long-term effect at all.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Also really feeling this mood now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Don't worry folks the show is about to be on. Citizens in rostov are cheering Wagner on in huge groups not wanting them to leave.

It's not over yet.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

ryde posted:

What you don’t believe Elon Musk when he says it’s far more reliable than the mainstream media? I’d you can’t trust Elon who can you trust?

I'll bet that if Elon stepped in, this war would be over and he'd be the new Russian president (with a united Ukraine flying his flag.)

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

parthenocarpy posted:

You have stated the absolute obvious and nothing like what is implied by stating the importance of such a thing happening. So. What. I know that happened. People are acting like now that that happened there are all sorts of implications. I'm laughing at the idea anyone can define a single implication at all

This guy gets it, nothing at all bad happened to Russia in the past 24 hours so nothing bad will happen in the future. Please just ignore everyone else's posts saying anything different.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Computer viking posted:

You're being extremely resistant to the idea that Wagner doing a coup-lite and achieving exactly what they set out to do could in any way be bad for Putin.

Could you perhaps enlighten us with an argument for why it is good? Because it's really hard to argue that this definitely won't have any long-term effect at all.

Wagner has held a publicly fractured relationship with MOD for a while, and this could reconcile their differences and present a more united Russian front against Ukraine. Frightening, actually

deported to Canada posted:

This guy gets it, nothing at all bad happened to Russia in the past 24 hours so nothing bad will happen in the future. Please just ignore everyone else's posts saying anything different.

Shut the gently caress up, you have no idea what I'm trying to say here

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

smoobles posted:

I'd just like to stress that Twitter is not a reliable source for information in 2023

i'm not sure it ever was, but that's where all of this poo poo has been coming out on so bigshrug.avi

in case it isn't clear, i would definitely trust the poster referencing channel 1 over this random thing i picked up from the intertron

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Putin is like Bitcoin. Everything is good for him.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

smoobles posted:

the goon who suggested watching anime instead of Russia news nailed it

My waifu wouldn't blueball me like Wagner just did.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

parthenocarpy posted:

Correct and neither does anybody else.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It be super cool if this entire special military operation was deemed a failure, specifically Shoigu's failure why not, and just aborted. Sorry Shoigu your smo was a failure and we're calling it off.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

We've had problems all the way but avoid the worst case scenario up to now, so I'm sure everything will be fine forever! - guy who's just lived through carbon fibre submarine week 2023

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

It be super cool if this entire special military operation was deemed a failure, specifically Shoigu's embarrassment why not, and just aborted. Sorry Shoigu your smo was a failure and we're calling it off.

strong bender energies

"alright show's over i'm tired"

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Randarkman posted:

I assume pronounciation. Russian (and I assume Belorusian and Ukrainian) vowels are pronounced differently based on where the stress in the word is, an "o" is pronounced kind of like a short "a" sound when it's not part of the stressed syllable.

e: Based on above answer I guess it's also straight up possible that Belarusian solves this by just writing it differently.

if i have understood correctly, in ukr an 'o' is always pronounced as an 'o', in russian it's as you said, no idea about belorussian, but the spelling and pronounciation of the belarus' dictator's name depends on if you're using russian or belorussian language

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

any NFTs commemorating this historic event that i can purchase yet?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

smoobles posted:

the goon who suggested watching anime instead of Russia news nailed it

Witch from Mercury has been a pretty good Gundam show, looking forward to next episode tomorrow.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Including parthenocarpy themselves, it would seem

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

parthenocarpy posted:

Wagner has held a publicly fractured relationship with MOD for a while, and this could reconcile their differences and present a more united Russian front against Ukraine. Frightening, actually

Rolling up to the seat of Putins power unopposed and giving his taint a little tickle isn't likely to make them close allies though.

Admittedly, this is not a great immediate outcome for Ukraine, and could end up being worse for them in the long run. Could also gently caress with existing power structures enough to reduce the Russian MoD effectiveness there. Impossible to know right now.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

It is very clearly stated above. It is so strange that anyone has ruled out even the remote possibility that there could be a beneficial outcome for Russia here - that the nation comes out more united despite whatever reputational hit Putin takes. This is war driven chaos.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

parthenocarpy posted:

With genuine sincerity, can I ask what you do for a living

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Bad Purchase posted:

if you combine putin smug ape with slurp juice you gonna get an even dumber ape

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Bad Purchase posted:

i'll sell my av for 5$

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

parthenocarpy posted:

More united on the surface, for a while, maybe. We don't even know who this new bras is supposed to be. Installing somebody who is hated by half of the establishment isn't going to make the Russian military machine run smoother. It's going to degrade its institutions, promote patrimonialism and drag Russia towards a more crude third world existence where it will be more difficult for the state to focus on anything beyond the survival of the ruling elites, much less foreign conquests.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

parthenocarpy posted:

I don't think you have any idea of what you are trying to say dude.

Wagner forces spent the day busily downing Russian army aircraft and, if I remember correctly, bombing or shelling RU positions from behind. Please explain how this behavior can create a "more united Russian front"?

"Sorry, we did an oopsie but we pinky-swear not to gib you guys any more?"

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

parthenocarpy posted:

It is very clearly stated above. It is so strange that anyone has ruled out even the remote possibility that there could be a beneficial outcome for Russia here - that the nation comes out more united despite whatever reputational hit Putin takes. This is war driven chaos.

oh yeah man it is great when you get big armed mutinies in large cities of the country one year in and go back on calling everyone involved traitors

zone
Dec 6, 2016

God drat, so this just imploded with a wet fart while I was asleep?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

zone posted:

submarine thread is thataway

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

zone posted:

things can always get dumber, have faith

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

if you combine putin smug ape with slurp juice you gonna get an even dumber ape

gangtag time? mods?

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Pookah posted:

Wagner forces spent the day busily downing Russian army aircraft and, if I remember correctly, bombing or shelling RU positions from behind. Please explain how this behavior can create a "more united Russian front"?

....Because the weekend started with Wagner accusing Russia of shelling them and confronting them close to the capital, and is closing with them all going back to war?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Either way let me get some mileage out of this meme at least

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

it has been an honor to shitpost with you all through whatever the hell this is

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Like, you guys realize that in a week the official narrative could be that this didn't even happen, right? Business as usual in Russia is entirely possible

Dr Spangle
Jul 31, 2022
the grand old vendor of pork,
he had 25,000 men,
he marched them all to moscow and he marched them back again

Dr Spangle fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 24, 2023

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Putin flinched so now he has to marry his mother-in-law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU