Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

New version of Midjourney is out, with a whole new aesthetic and some neat features. One of them is zooming out which has a lot of potential:

Could probably make for some super cool frame interpolated videos, I have no idea how to do that though

Overall my take right now is very positive but I haven't done much with it yet.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Playing around with it some more it's clear that right now it's heavily weighted toward perspective/vanishing point type images, which will presumably relax over the next few days or in an upcoming new version (seems like every time they release a big new version, there's a second one like a week later fixing some complaints). Still lots of neat results. And the good news is it can get weird and abstract again.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

deep dish peat moss posted:

New version of Midjourney is out, with a whole new aesthetic and some neat features. One of them is zooming out which has a lot of potential

This one is interesting to me because it didn't just zoom out, it added to the 'inside' of the image. Maybe it's because it was so plain to begin with, but with the others it really seemed like it didn't alter the main image at all.

I went ahead and zoomed out on the 3rd one:

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Nice! Zoom out is one of the main issues I had with MJ.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
poo poo, I am very excited about this.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Hell yeah new version out of nowhere

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

About to drop some money on a monthly midjourney, credits don't roll over between months right?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://twitter.com/tkexpress11/status/1671879713705594881

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

About to drop some money on a monthly midjourney, credits don't roll over between months right?

MJ doesn't work off of credits, you have unlimited generations until you sub expires. You do get a limited amount of Fast Hours per month, which do not roll over.

Fast Hours are only particularly relevant if you're generating images during prime time, if you use MJ during off hours then they virtually don't even make a difference in the speed. It doesn't change the speed of actual image generation AFAIK, just how quickly it starts - if you're not using fast hours, your generation might be delayed if the GPUs are busy.

Sometimes new features require Fast Hours to use though

This page shows current wait times for fast and relaxed mode:
https://www.midjourney.com/status/
("I think the 'Undefined' one is the brand new v5.2)

e: 5.1 made generations much faster, and therefore made them use less fast time. I haven't been using MJ quite as much as I used to, but I have not run out of fast time hours since 5.1 came out.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 23, 2023

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

MJ doesn't work off of credits, you have unlimited generations until you sub expires. You do get a limited amount of Fast Hours per month, which do not roll over.

Fast Hours are only particularly relevant if you're generating images during prime time, if you use MJ during off hours then they virtually don't even make a difference in the speed. It doesn't change the speed of actual image generation AFAIK, just how quickly it starts - if you're not using fast hours, your generation might be delayed if the GPUs are busy.

Sometimes new features require Fast Hours to use though

This page shows current wait times for fast and relaxed mode:
https://www.midjourney.com/status/
("I think the 'Undefined' one is the brand new v5.2)

The $10 Basic MJ tier gives you 200 minutes/credits a month. You can't use the slow mode on Basic tier.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

:monocle: I didn't realize there was a tier before Standard, whoops

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Yeah I don't need an infinite pile of these things so I was looking at the basic tier.

Is slow mode just the non-priority queue?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

w00tmonger posted:

Yeah I don't need an infinite pile of these things so I was looking at the basic tier.

Is slow mode just the non-priority queue?

Yeah. Speed depends on current server load. Sometimes it's comparable to fast mode. Sometimes it definitely isn't.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

hehehehehe

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

KakerMix posted:

This one is interesting to me because it didn't just zoom out, it added to the 'inside' of the image. Maybe it's because it was so plain to begin with, but with the others it really seemed like it didn't alter the main image at all.

I went ahead and zoomed out on the 3rd one:

Because "zooming out" doesn't change the perspective at all, it gives the effect of turning your FOV up to 160 in a video game.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It really should be increasing the resolution, I guess that's more out painting. Still neat

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Protip: You can use the Custom Zoom to just change the aspect ratio. Let's say you want to make your square picture more portrait-y. Just add "--ar 2:3 --zoom 1".

You can also edit the actual prompt to tell it what to add in the new parts of the image.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

:(

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Hi I'm your landlord

old man holding bag of money landlord red hat derelict house beer gut stained shirt

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

https://fulljourney.ai/

Try fancy stuff like zoom here! Usual caveats about free services apply.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The website just says to go to discord.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"A portrait of Vladimir Putin in the style of Jackson Pollock" by Stable Diffusion

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Powdered toast man

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

hydroceramics posted:

Powdered toast man

this one is right

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Garden of Earthly Delights, Vladimir Putin, in the style of Hieronymus Bosch, oil painting

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

hydroceramics posted:

Powdered toast man

Excellent only improvement would be a cape. Have fun getting that in there too though. googled and he doesn't have a cape, why do I remember him with one?

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
because he can fly

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Cousin Todd posted:

The website just says to go to discord.

Did you try going to discord?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Mescal posted:

Did you try going to discord?

See my response in another thread.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Garden of Earthly Delights, Vladimir Putin, in the style of Hieronymus Bosch, oil painting

why doesn't it ever give me poo poo this good when I try garden of earthly delights

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

"A portrait of Vladimir Putin in the style of Jackson Pollock" by Stable Diffusion

searching for "Putin" in the Midjourney Community Feed is truly a window into the American psyche

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
"[x] painted in the style of twentieth century artist Henry Darger"

Carnival

UFO

The Wicker Man

Dragon coming to earth

Castle

Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom (my two year old's favourite show)

Death tarot card

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:hmmyes: I like those a lot!

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Sticking with the toast theme, I tried to get a one of those toasts where the burn pattern looks like something, in this case Donald Trump. I think we can all agree the likeness is uncanny:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh I adore pizza cat