Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Mario RPG had so many smash bros opportunities and it squandered all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

You essentially need to download all of the MGS Master Collection data if you get the physical version, which totally defeats the purpose. Most of the reason I get physical versions are to save space on my SD card for digital-only games.

Also I know those games were't this massive when they first released, so what gives?

Still gonna buy it though lol

1.4GB for two NES games?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Rolo posted:

I remember rumors of Banjo Kazooie, Castlevania, and Metal Gear floating around since at least, like, Melee, and those all eventually came true. Was Geno (Mallow? I forget) the only long-rumored character that never actually manifested?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
He got like a mii costume and everyone collectively poo poo a frowny face

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Read After Burning posted:

I remember rumors of Banjo Kazooie, Castlevania, and Metal Gear floating around since at least, like, Melee, and those all eventually came true. Was Geno (Mallow? I forget) the only long-rumored character that never actually manifested?

He’ll be in the next one now unless Nintendo really wants to gently caress with their fans

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Escape Goat posted:

1.4GB for two NES games?

MSX but yeah, that does seem a bit high

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

They had to make the pixels bigger.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
nice! big pixels

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I love big pixels it’s why the DSi XL is the greatest handheld of all time

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

im not gonna buy mgs: the SCAM collection vol.1

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
MGS collection and the big pixels are the perfect opportunity to finally see what Sean Connery and many other Hollywood favorites would have looked like in HD. They're doing us a favor.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hrist posted:

MGS collection and the big pixels are the perfect opportunity to finally see what Sean Connery and many other Hollywood favorites would have looked like in HD. They're doing us a favor.

If this collection is based on the PS3 one then unfortunately they replaced all the modified portraits of famous actors in MG2 with more series accurate depictions of the characters a while back

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
do you think they will update mario maker with super mario wonder stuff

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I'll sacrifice my firstborn for another batch of smash characters.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gonna need a history of Mario rpg video
Any that don't have a SeatGeek ad or some other bs poo poo in it?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

American McGay posted:

They should just put the GBC version of 1+2 on NSO. Those were good.

Japan has had a version of DQM1 on the eshop which looks extremely good. It’s the GBC version, but instead of blank space on the borders, it displays a mini map and your party’s stats. It’s not unlike the Phantasy Star Switch port that came out around the same time.

https://youtu.be/ePQiiNNiAu0

I don’t know why this isn’t the standard for any classic JRPG re-release. Having all that info available would be a big incentive to buy over playing the rom on an emulator.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Rolo posted:

Thaw out Sakurai. Tell him he's got one more character and stage to make.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Japan has had a version of DQM1 on the eshop which looks extremely good. It’s the GBC version, but instead of blank space on the borders, it displays a mini map and your party’s stats. It’s not unlike the Phantasy Star Switch port that came out around the same time.

https://youtu.be/ePQiiNNiAu0

I don’t know why this isn’t the standard for any classic JRPG re-release. Having all that info available would be a big incentive to buy over playing the rom on an emulator.

That probably would involve effort a lot of publishers are not willing to put in their classic re-releases.

But yeah, that looks great. Thanks for linking it, I hadn't seen it before. I did know there is a 3DS remake of the game, so I'm guessing there is a lot of fondness for this particular DQM game.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if Mario RPG will be voice-acted.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Mr.Acula posted:

I'll sacrifice my firstborn for another batch of smash characters.

For gods sake, just let sakurai rest!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MikeJF posted:

Worth it if Mario's pantomimes are accompanied by Martinet's grunts and wahoos.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Starring Chris Pratt as Mario, and Jared Leto as Booster

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

MikeJF posted:

God I hope not. So far the trailer makes it seem like they're being VERY accurate to the original, down to the charades when Mario is talking, so I imagine voice acting is not going to be a thing outside of maybe Peach screaming MARIOOOO or whatever

The only thing it looks like they're changing significantly is the combat UI, which looks a little sterile compared to the original. But as long as the combat is otherwise the same then that's whatever. I notice there's some gauge that's going to do something, hopefully some kind of new super ability each character can do

The Culix fight I want them to either A) keep him as a sprite or B) use every ounce of the Switch's power to make the most PS5 lookin rear end FF Eikon monster ever created

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm curious if they'll keep the FF4 boss theme for the Culex fight.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mega64 posted:

I'm curious if they'll keep the FF4 boss theme for the Culex fight.

That was such a trip and a half for me... SMRPG was the first RPG of any sort I played. I didn't even know what an RPG was before I played it. I just got it cuz Mario.

Then when I got into Final Fantasy way later, THEN I got the musical references. Didn't hear the Final Fantasy 4 boss theme until I played it on the DS and my mind was just blown when I fought the first boss. "Hang on this is the music from the Culex fight holy shiiiiiiiiiiit! :aaa:"

Wild times!

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

It'd be fun if the curtain in Booster Tower turns you into the original SNES sprite this time

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Mega64 posted:

he's going to voice the sound effects for Mario's pantomime, but then nothing else

"and the big sword went-a BA-BOOM and I was all-a WHEEEEE, thud, oof"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

I mean that's what Mario & Luigi did!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Rather hoping they stick to 1:1 remake, and if they have to add new content that can be a side mode or postgame content. While NSO is a thing, yes, it's hard to think of anything SMRPG really needs.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I know what it needs

it needs to be out, right now, and also here

Mega64
May 23, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I mean that's what Mario & Luigi did!

Mario and Luigi's babble talk was one of the best parts of that series.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

feetnotes posted:

It'd be fun if the curtain in Booster Tower turns you into the original SNES sprite this time

Going to be very disappointed if this doesn’t happen now.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I saved all my rock candy for culex. Don’t think I managed to beat him without it.

That boss theme is a banger

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Macaluso posted:

The Culix fight I want them to either A) keep him as a sprite or B) use every ounce of the Switch's power to make the most PS5 lookin rear end FF Eikon monster ever created

I vote for the latter, make sure it's completely artistically dissonant to the rest of the game.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

feetnotes posted:

It will turn you into Chris Pratt

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I just played totk in a hammock on a sunny day with a cool breeze and I'm p sure this is the happiest I've been in quite some time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The GOAT of Mario Youtube is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2mctY9t2n0

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's not Pannenkoek

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Yeah no. Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Equally funny to when someone posts a bad YouTube is the “I’m not clicking that” response. Like thanks for letting us know.

Why share anything, hell why even post. Let’s all exist in blissful silence