Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Taunting the ghoulies with the severed head of their comrade is a thing they could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

We can reasonably infer that they don’t care about each other given how they react to the smile guy screaming and dropping dead in front of them. They don’t even show concern for themselves or any curiosity at all other than to notice that he’s fallen over and stopped moving.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
"Stopped moving" is a reaction in the moment and who knows how they'd react to the severed head. Honestly we're I From there, it would be worth it alone to chirp back at the chatty ones.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
>Shoot monster with blood bullets

I don't understand.

>Show monster severed monster head

I don't understand.

>Peel off monster skin and wear as monster suit

You are now a monster, but not the right kind.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

itry posted:

It was dumb but it gave something for the characters to do.

Like the classic "hey what if we attached the radio antenna to the drone and get it really high!" Then next episode "Oh... it's too heavy. Nevermind."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the town monsters bad, the forest monsters worse, the udnerground terrors -- oh my... but they are nothing compared to the cloud monsters that will be disturbed by dronetennae

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I wanna know what that weird cyclops drawing is supposed to be in the opening credits.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

Like the classic "hey what if we attached the radio antenna to the drone and get it really high!" Then next episode "Oh... it's too heavy. Nevermind."

Pretty much. Jim getting to hang out with Randall could have been plotted better.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I wanna know what that weird cyclops drawing is supposed to be in the opening credits.

I think it's an eye looking through a keyhole. Assuming we're talking about the same thing.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
Watched this over the past 2 weeks just in time for the finale.
I'm liking the show, although i'm not sure i could stand watching it weekly, the worst part of it it's the pacing of some episodes, mostly in season 2.
I love the escalation of the mysteries and don't really mind characters acting like dumbasses, even the ones that should know better. Not every survival show needs hyper-competent people showing theirs skills in the most implausible situations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I wouldn’t mind the pacing so much if the characters were better. At this point Lost had about 10+ memorable characters, each with more debt than all of From put together.
I just hope this show gets to finish its story.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has a scene ever been shown from Donna’s point of view? I’m coming around to the idea that maybe she is a mole or something.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Everyone's talking about moles and inside jobs or w/e, all because an obviously unhinged character raised the subject.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

itry posted:

Everyone's talking about moles and inside jobs or w/e, all because an obviously unhinged character raised the subject.
I just think it's a somewhat obvious fun direction to go. Randall's obviously a dumb rear end in a top hat which is why it would be both funny and shocking if he turns out to be right for the wrong reasons.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He was kind of right about Sarah while being completely wrong about every detail.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Truman Show is a twist I wouldn't see coming.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Truman Show, but for aliens.

I AM GRANDO posted:

He was kind of right about Sarah while being completely wrong about every detail.

I guess she was the closest thing to a mole that we got, back in season 1.

itry fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 24, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
*ghosts of alien monster orphans tragically left to die in a disaster related to their civil moon war

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's all holograms :tinfoil:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ain’t no hologram choked my boy Randall.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I'm sure he was choked... by the great benefits package he gets working for the people staging all this poo poo. Sending in an undercover escape room attendant whose whole shtick is making the notion of outside control sound absurd before anyone even suspects it is a classic move for operations like this.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
I still can't believe that Smiley got done like that, smh. And his last words were, "I like this game!"

Boyd should've taken out the milkman, that guy's an embarrassing anachronism. Smiley was fun.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
It's 10 past 9PM, MGM+ where the gently caress is my finale!

Wait I swore these aired on Saturday evenings, not Sundays. I usually catch them on Sunday afternoon when I get off work.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Chicken Butt posted:

I still can't believe that Smiley got done like that, smh. And his last words were, "I like this game!"

Boyd should've taken out the milkman, that guy's an embarrassing anachronism. Smiley was fun.

He’s on the MGM+ app image for the show. It’s just him and Boyd. He was the breakout star of this whole thing.

Cowboy has potential, though.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
it'll be on in 20 if you're subbed to mgm+ directly

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That Canadian guy sucks poo poo. The last thing he knew, he might be executed for stabbing Ellis and he’s still just complaining about everything.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
so good. some raw thoughts:

1. yes donna and hippie are both moles (hippie praying to god as a taunt in colony house and donna showing up when boyd was asking for a higher pwer). donna is a BIW tier player, hippie is there to either push donna or taunt her
2. that reddit theory about tarot is onto something with the dogs leading the fool (boyd) and torch being of the devil
3. there are at least 3 primary players (donna, music box evil/black sweater khatri, BIW)

overall i'd have to say small sophomore slump but an 8 out of 10

edit: the writers room was aware of "i gotta go" the whole time and boyd isn't smart

Moltke fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 25, 2023

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So the psychic realm is a basement you can physically enter if you light a specific torch in the right place? This show really does feel like a point-and-click adventure game sometimes. The guy with the shotgun certainly delivered his lines like he was in Phantasmagoria or Harvester.

I was really expecting the landscape out the window at the end to match what Tabitha sees from the top of the lighthouse, except with a city on it. I guess Victor’s mother never made it out of the top, or the glass can be repaired.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
That was a fun episode, pretty good season. I have thoughts but it is too late at night to put them all together. They basically paced that finale perfectly, and managed to tie up a lot of the questions raised at the end of season 1 while still giving us enough mystery to keep things interesting.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
shouting Reggie has the delivery of a Reno 911 character

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I AM GRANDO posted:

I was really expecting the landscape out the window at the end to match what Tabitha sees from the top of the lighthouse, except with a city on it. I guess Victor’s mother never made it out of the top, or the glass can be repaired.

Victor said his mother "didn't make it" into the tree. But maybe his sister did.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
This season has been very uneven, but the season finale really delivered.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Oasx posted:

I wouldn’t mind the pacing so much if the characters were better. At this point Lost had about 10+ memorable characters, each with more debt than all of From put together.
I just hope this show gets to finish its story.

:lost: had memorable characters because they were more or less assholes, each and everyone. Obviously Sawyer, and Kate was, well, awful in her own way, doctorman was sanctimonious and Locke was just... Bizarre. Don't get me wrong, they were fun characters, but I'm not sure anyone's exactly sympathetic. Maybe doctorman, at least he tries to be helpful? And of course Vincent is a good doggo. I can't remember what Sun and Jin's original deal was, she was hiding that she knew English and he didn't, or something? I remember their plotline going into weird places as the show went on, but as first season characters they were sort of nice, I suppose.

Okay, Hurley does sort of disprove my point, he's a lovable everyman, but even he does dumb poo poo like conceal a food stash? Not cool, man.

From doesn't really have anyone notable in it, and characters behave in strange ways and it isn't clear if that is part of the mystery box or not. I like the older lady running the commune house, and Boyd is... Kind of okay, I guess? I couldn't really name any other characters and I just watched the finale, too.

The conspiracy nut man is not likeable or relatable to me, and it at least seemed like such an obvious wrench thrown into the machinery, until mystery box things happened and he no longer was a clear antagonist. Boyd's kid is okay, but has he actually done anything? Then there's murder lady, but she does behave in strange ways for no clear reason. Boyd and his deputy having a feud was kind of interesting, I guess, but this also involved both characters behaving in strange ways and the resolution was more or less a bro-hug and back to square one.

Then there's the... Elon Musk guy? What is the science dude's background, exactly? He's a rich dude, I think. Anyway, he definitely behaves in strange ways, but at least they wrote him one-dimensional enough that it makes sense that he'd try to science kid his way out of all this nonsense.

The finale was fun enough, but I'm not sure how to feel about the Bobby in the shower fake-out ending. Is dying a way out of the space warp? Was it the place she went into? Did she actually die? At least it wasn't a monster-related death, so the lore is fresh.

I'll put that last bit in spoilers just in case!

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 25, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

all that reggie setup just for him to lightly wound boyd and then die? lmao. what a character

i'm interested as to where the Tabitha story line will go after that. either she's gotta go back or that hospital will not be what it seems

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
TABITHA WEVE GOTTA GO BAAAACK

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Rappaport posted:

The finale was fun enough, but I'm not sure how to feel about the Bobby in the shower fake-out ending. Is dying a way out of the space warp? Was it the place she went into? Did she actually die? At least it wasn't a monster-related death, so the lore is fresh.

I'll put that last bit in spoilers just in case!

I legit have no idea what scene this is referring to. Who the hell is Bobby? I don't see a character by that name on imdb, and I don't recall anything about a shower scene, let alone a fake-out.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Argue posted:

I legit have no idea what scene this is referring to. Who the hell is Bobby? I don't see a character by that name on imdb, and I don't recall anything about a shower scene, let alone a fake-out.

I think it's a Dallas reference?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Yeah I should have googled "bobby in the shower" before I posted that. Well I'm leaving the post there to preserve my foolishness!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Argue posted:

Yeah, I apologize about that, it's a kind of famous scene but just name-dropping Bobby probably was a bad idea. The end scene just bugged me in an otherwise nice episode.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's ok. Next season she'll just lunge face first through that window to end up in the town again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moltke
May 13, 2009

itry posted:

Victor said his mother "didn't make it" into the tree. But maybe his sister did.

based on what we saw the BIW do to tabitha, i'm not even sure victor's mom didn't make it.

i'm really wondering if they're gonna find tabitha's body in fromland next season or not