Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Finally finished 5th Sage quest line, mega fun. I think that wraps up all my main story save for the end boss. I finally started getting some yellow Mod weapons too, so mechanic wise - can anyone clarify if the system is exp per mob type to level up only that mob type or is there a global exp which levels everything up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do wells count as found for the quest if you just got near them (enough they're on your map) rather than down?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

A YouTube thumbnail spoiled the final boss for me. Fuckers

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bruceski posted:

Do wells count as found for the quest if you just got near them (enough they're on your map) rather than down?

Do they still beep in the shrine finder? If they beep they're not found.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bruceski posted:

Runcible Cat posted:

Do they still beep in the shrine finder? If they beep they're not found.

I was just running around and tested it, getting close enough to show them on the map is good enough to get your :10bux:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you pick up a rock, you can ascend through it

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Can I do a handstand and ascend through the planet

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022
I’m trying to do the dupe trick of shooting multi shot arrows in the chasm with the funnel. I’m doing it correctly I think but the arrows keep exploding on the wall and not making dupe items fall. I’m on 1.1.2. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cYyibj0zO4w&feature=share8

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Frankston posted:

Can I do a handstand and ascend through the planet

yes but only in australia

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was just running around and tested it, getting close enough to show them on the map is good enough to get your :10bux:

Oh good. I had a couple I had left jumping into for later (for various reasons) and realized I can't remember which they were. Thanks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Demon King? Secret Stone?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Can you do this, then when you poke out of the rock, pick it up again, ascend again, and poke out of the rock, pick it up again, ascend again, etc until you reach the sky?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I never went up into the other room last time around, I guess Riju's not a fan of you stealing her stuffed animals :v:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Worth carrying one into the final fight, Ganon picks it up and sheds a tear and shares a long story about his tragic childhood, but then flurry rushes you enraged.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If you fuse one to the master sword before the cutscene plays to give you recall, there is an alternate ending where Zelda seals ganon.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've been playing this game for a month and feel like I've explored 20% of it. Love it.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

60 hours in and just now completed the fire temple, my second so far.

Was disappointed that it was not, in fact, a special cavern adventure but an actual dungeon. The cart stuff got old fast, but at least the boss went down easily. I know a dungeon's design is tedious when I'd rather climb up / Ascend floors and glide across than navigate the cart tracks. The ring path outside the temple was more fun to navigate IMO.

Here's to the next temple... whenever I get around to it!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tunicate posted:

If you fuse one to the master sword before the cutscene plays to give you recall, there is an alternate ending where Zelda seals ganon.

Uuuuuuuugh. Sealiously?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm gonna drive this seal sled right into a molduga's mouth if this Gerudo rear end in a top hat pretends that I've gotten her killed ONE MORE TIME

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Poque posted:

Metal Gear?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Poque posted:

My Secret Stone

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That must be the Imprisoning War!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

"Link, I just found a stone tablet about the tears of the kingdom, and you won't believe this! The sages died over a hundred years ago."
"Uh, Joshacon, *I* died 100 years ago. The sages died thousands of years ago."
*tiny construct bot makes a squealing noise and falls over*

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
"and just between you and me, you wouldn't believe the poo poo these great fairies will do for a gleeok horn."

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
A bit dissapointed that (early main Goron questline)parrying Yunobo doesn't do anything useful.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How far away am I from the end if I just got the Destroy Ganondorf quest, after the spirit temple?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How far away am I from the end if I just got the Destroy Ganondorf quest, after the spirit temple?

You're right there.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

A YouTube thumbnail spoiled the final boss for me. Fuckers

For me it was a stupid gamer website that had the question i asked as a headline but no answer in the body. Did have a linked picture and spoiler of the end boss in the article, though :thumbsup:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I think I am done with TotK until DLC comes out. I still have much to do but there's just TOO MUCH to do in this game. Also, I think upgrading my armor to four stars make this game too easy and diminishes the thrill of fighting the silver enemies. Need to remember that next time.

There are a few QoL things I'd like to see in the DLC:

- A quest chain that involves Cece and/or the dye maker to obtain a magic fabric that randomly changes to an owned paraglider fabric every time you use it. Not actually QoL but with the amiibos and quests you can get a lot.

- A favorites tab for your Materials/Parts that can let you select 20-30 items instead of having to randomly dig for when pressing Up

- A Trial of the sword that can really challenge you with finding parts and weapons

- A DLC campaign that really spruces up the Depths. There's just so much empty space and not a lot of stuff to do. Give me a hidden village of friendly monsters or something I don't know.

- Gold enemies that hit you like a semi truck, even at 4 star armor

Still an absolutely amazing game. It just drags real bad if you get the end game stuff early.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Final battle with ganon spoilers:

https://www.tiktok.com/@akorra9/video/7248424697497406762

:eyepop:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

what the gently caress

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

WHAT

I remember trying this against thunderblight ganon in breath of the wild thinking ahh this will be just like ganon/phantom ganon in OoT. it didn't work

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

What the gently caress!!!

I gotta kick his rear end again

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm upset.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lol and I thought I was cool rocket jumping over those waves

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Icedude posted:

Metal Gear?

It can't be!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7237678073452203290

If only there was multiplayer, we could do the cross-country-soup-carrying challenge from Red Dead Redemption 2

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

You know for professional haters the Yiga Clan are the most effective explorers and engineers in Hyrule. Makes the Survey Team look like chumps

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Is the final battle any different if you don't defeat the Yiga clan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A while ago someone posted that if they were an average Joe in Hyrule looking for work they’d absolutely choose to sign up with the Yiga. And hell, same. They’ve achieved the fantasy version of a base on the dark side of the moon. Whereas even accomplished adults on the surface need Link’s help to feed and clothe themselves and have the emotional maturity of my 6 year old.