Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

explosivo posted:

Is 40-50 high enough? Because that's about where I'm at now. I probably will go back to the 2 hander once I find a better one either way though the damage is just nowhere near the same anymore.

No, for Bone Necro I didn't start dropping toughness for damage until 70+. Just gaining more levels and getting your paragon board filled out and glyphs leveled up will help a lot with feeling squishy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

holy moley thats some maintenance this week

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Bold Robot posted:

Are the chests that you can only open if you are flagged for PVP any good?

Yeah, farm them in WT2 on a level ~20 alt and there's literally nobody else there. Look up a map online and you can get 10k+ currency in a single lap without really ever getting off your horse. Not all of them spawn at the same time though, and I think the respawn timer is 5-10 minutes or so

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I played through WT1 because gently caress trying more than once on some boss in the campaign? real game is end game in these games anyway. Good luck if want to challenge in the campaign and put it down after that. With minimal side questing and whatnot I think I was over 50 by the time I properly finished the campaign anyway

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
level 98 and especially level 99 are taking forever. i’ve gotten here solo w/ elixirs and none of the infinite spawning mob farming, mostly NM dungeons a few levels above me. idr the curve being that bad right at the end though

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Tier 2 pretty much only means things take longer to kill. They don't seem to hit harder.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

im kind of just figuring out mana regen for bone spear on the fly bc i cant find an umbral in the wild but the bone skills increase essense regen for 4 seconds on crit does well given im still using bone splinters as a last resort
I use improved Iron Maiden for essence regen.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CBD Corndog posted:

holy moley thats some maintenance this week

I wonder if one of these windows is to implement the 13 pages of patch notes.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Level 18 Necro still having a little trouble against Den Mother but I can get her to her last quarter. I figure once I get the Golem it'll help.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Why would you DDOS diablo. I blame Russia

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 25, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It’s the only way to truly stop the demons. The soul stones aren’t working so they’re getting desperate.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ehud posted:

I wonder if one of these windows is to implement the 13 pages of patch notes.

Been way too long without a patch based on their stated intent for patching, plus https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1672821977994907648

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

WarEternal posted:

Been way too long without a patch based on their stated intent for patching, plus https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1672821977994907648

yup. these lazy fucks must hang.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
british diablo still works fine by the look of it

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

*4 years in the future* ah yes, i remember unpatched diablo 4

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Those wild days when I could only binge the game for 200 hours at a time seem so quaint compared to the 2000 hour binge I am currently trapped in.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

quote:

Early access, also known as alpha access, alpha founding, paid alpha, or game preview, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue further development on the game. Those that pay to participate typically help to debug the game, provide feedback and suggestions, may have access to special materials in the game. The early-access approach is a common way to obtain funding for indie games, and may also be used along with other funding mechanisms, including crowdfunding.

Dude the basics are so solid, Diablo 4 is gonna be lit

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
back in the day they released games and they just didnt patch them, or your had to manually go get the patch and decide whether it was worth downloading on ur slow rear end 56k internet

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Back in the day they finished the game before they released it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No they didn’t

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Finally got into wt3 and immediately found the gloves that make corpses chase enemies before exploding. I’ve been running a pure summoning build, so I’ll have to respec, but apologies to the friends I play with. The poo poo clouds are back baby.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Back in the day people said "wow this game feels unfinished I'm going to return it for store credit" and the 6 person team who made it got made fun of in print magazine by people whose pen names included the word "ice".

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Anything I can do about this "Unable to find a valid license" error? I've been getting it since last night. I thought maybe it had to do with the DDoS stuff in the banner but my friends are able to log in no problem.

If it's unable to find your license, would verifying the files in the Blizzard Launcher or however it is on PC work, maybe? Or reinstalling?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I am level 62 and have been in WT3 since 51. I've found 2 uniques and both were the charged bolts pierces staff.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Man, I’m sick of hunting for gear in t3, and I can clear nmd up to level 20’s without much of a struggle at all, but Elias in the capstone seems to be too much. Probably because as a shadow necro I can face tank most everything, but with him I have into engage in the bullethell and get rapidly wiped if I’m off. I’ll have to try again without a baby sleeping on me. Just want to make sure there is no way to cheese him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

From what I’ve heard everyone has to dodge his bullshit 1 hit kill attacks. Unless you are vastly overleveled I guess.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

RCarr posted:

go play release diablo 2

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

meanolmrcloud posted:

Man, I’m sick of hunting for gear in t3, and I can clear nmd up to level 20’s without much of a struggle at all, but Elias in the capstone seems to be too much. Probably because as a shadow necro I can face tank most everything, but with him I have into engage in the bullethell and get rapidly wiped if I’m off. I’ll have to try again without a baby sleeping on me. Just want to make sure there is no way to cheese him.

RCarr posted:

From what I’ve heard everyone has to dodge his bullshit 1 hit kill attacks. Unless you are vastly overleveled I guess.

It (and T4) are fine at 68. Still interesting, but not cheap

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
anyone else completely unaware the elias fight was an issue due to doing it insanely easily + struggling to remember what in the fight could possibly cause problems

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

RCarr posted:

Funny enough, I remember a slight hubbub that Diablo 2 would require a patch before you could connect to battle.net.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Tiny Timbs posted:

No they didn’t

no idea why people suddenly think this it was never true on pc, and even console regularly had patch revision carts. or the games were just broken forever. brood war had a unit that was completely non-functional for 20 years until the remaster fixced the sprite limits lol

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I switched from a 750~ 2h sword to a 760~ 1h/shield on my HC bone Necro and didn't notice my damage going down very much/at all. The shield had some nice -resource cost and it's made the build way smoother. Hit bone splinter every 6 seconds to activate might on my shield and then just let the bones fly forever.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stux posted:

no idea why people suddenly think this it was never true on pc, and even console regularly had patch revision carts. or the games were just broken forever. brood war had a unit that was completely non-functional for 20 years until the remaster fixced the sprite limits lol

Fair enough. I’ve always been a console guy.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

isk posted:

It (and T4) are fine at 68. Still interesting, but not cheap

I’m also only at 63, but maybe having zero issues with any mobs or dungeon bosses is making me a bit overconfident. I’m not thrilled with my current gear, but I also don’t want to invest any resources into any of it knowing that I could be farming t4 if I can nail this fight.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Stux posted:

What unit

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

RCarr posted:

Fair enough. I’ve always been a console guy.

even console games got patches, usually when they got ported to a new region, but sometimes there were issues that just needed fixing. the difference was no one knew and they didnt announce it because they didnt want returns. kirby 64 in japan has like four revisions based on when the cart was produced and if you got a launch game your game was just unpatched forever. wwf no mercy has a common bug on the launch carts which deletes saves lol

valks. they didnt fire right bcos of the sprite limit for projectiles

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I have a rare version of turok: rage wars for N64 because in the original you literally couldn't beat the game due to a bug. Only a few true nerds sent in their busted copies for the revised one that is now somewhat rare and expensive. I was pissed we couldn't complete the co-op so I sent that poo poo back lol.

But yeah it's still way worse nowadays because you can fall back on patching games rather than having to pay a fuckload of money to make new physical copies.

E: I also have an early copy of no mercy but mine is fine. Didn't know this was a thing until recently because mine always just worked.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Vic posted:

Back in the day people said "wow this game feels unfinished I'm going to return it for store credit" and the 6 person team who made it got made fun of in print magazine by people whose pen names included the word "ice".

Ah the heady days of PC Accelerator

Snord
Mar 5, 2002

We hugged it out, but I was still a little angry.

meanolmrcloud posted:

I had to ask for help in my goon clan. A sorcerer melted him in about a minute, and I tried far too many times solo as a Barb. Season 1 will definitely be a ranged class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Myth 2 would uninstall the entire directory it was installed in if it was not in the default file path and you used the uninstaller. I think they had to pull all of the shipped versions before release date and replace them with a patched version, so the game made almost no money.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 26, 2023