Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

I'm trying to remember what the certified main feed EMERGENCY eps are. BvS and Morbius are the only ones I can remember, but I'm sure there are others.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Andorra posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was

That was a weird one. They came back a week early from summer break for some reason, but it was a couple years after asm2 had been out.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I hate to say it, I really do, but I think I’m done with their Patreon. For a while now, gleep glossary was the thing that kept me around but Eric seems hell bent on butchering it with his obsession with Letterman gags.

Glistening Jones
Jun 19, 2023

by vyelkin

BigglesSWE posted:

I hate to say it, I really do, but I think I’m done with their Patreon. For a while now, gleep glossary was the thing that kept me around but Eric seems hell bent on butchering it with his obsession with Letterman gags.

It was Jerry Springer, and I take it you didn't listen to Eric's Final Thoughts

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I just did, and fair enough. But if he has a change of heart, I’m out!

I’ve already talked about this: the occasional alarm sound or whatever to annoy Chris is fun, constant breaks to listen to canned laughter or booing is not. It grinds it to a halt and slogs things down. It’s the same reason I stopped listening to Blank Check: Griffin doesn’t know when the bit is done.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

BigglesSWE posted:

I was holding out til the end of the Dr Beck saga, which is this month, so

I mean I'm probably gonna resubscribe in a year and see what I missed but still

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The gleep glossary is great, making a mockery of Star Wars is exactly what it deserves.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

"Your body looks put on backwards" is one I'm gonna save up for sure. Eric going back to the non talk show format is cowardice.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Melro210 remains the show I'm most excited for month after month. Just call me Jimlan

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I don't remember where I saw it, maybe on Twitter, but Eric said this was the last of their gimmick'd Gleep Glossary episodes.

Dunno if that changes anything, but this was the culmination of all his bits.

e: I haven't finished this month's episode yet, so if that's what the Final Thought was. Oops.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I like bits :shrug:

Glistening Jones
Jun 19, 2023

by vyelkin

Pops Mgee posted:

I like bits :shrug:

Me too.

I hope they do something more along those lines, like maybe another regular sideshow, or what happens when Hooked on TJ Hooker ends in 2035

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I'm a giant standup dork, and my view is that love it or hate it (I'm largely on the love but had a few instances of hate) you kind of have to respect Eric's commitment to the bit. Being willing to pursue a strategy of walking the room (the concept, not the podcast) is absolute dedication. Kudos.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Plus like, anybody can read from the character book and make jabs at the dumb stuff but Eric is really trying his best to go for laughs and even if it doesn't work every time I think it's the second best sideshow they do. Melro210 is the best and actually got me to start watching melrose place. Malachi Throne has my soul now!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Eric is fantastic and the bit carried on the perfect amount of time. Started with some weird Viking director and evolved into Springer. Amazing.

But the 210 portion of MelRo210 is the best thing they do.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I appreciate doing new things with the Gleep Glossary as it's the most common of the side-shows. I will be subscribed as long as they are doing Melro210 and Once in a Lifetime, which are two of the best things they put out.

Speaking of, Dr Beck is back!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I was holding out til the end of the Dr Beck saga, which is this month, so

Sleepwalker's Nightmare isn't the last Stalked by my Doctor movie, there's one more - Just What the Doctor Ordered (2021)

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

DoombatINC posted:

Sleepwalker's Nightmare isn't the last Stalked by my Doctor movie, there's one more - Just What the Doctor Ordered (2021)

Welp guess I have to stay

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Main feed only baby!

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
are they still forcing patreon subscribers to sit through ad reads?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I don't think I've ever heard an ad read on their patreon.

Glistening Jones
Jun 19, 2023

by vyelkin

TTBF posted:

I don't think I've ever heard an ad read on their patreon.

Same here.

I do have to say though that the worst ads are the one from that other podcasts reading copy about digital picture frames or some poo poo. Just stops the comedy dead.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

fr0id posted:

are they still forcing patreon subscribers to sit through ad reads?

There's no ad-free versions of the main feed episodes, if that's what you mean.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I just like the background music on the ads so it's really easy to skip past. Not all podcasts do that.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Goddamn the Tom Holland Spider-man “impression” is so loving funny.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Pops Mgee posted:

Goddamn the Tom Holland Spider-man “impression” is so loving funny.

"Oi, Mistah Staaaaaaahhhk!"

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

They've made those jokes about online gambling commercials in New York several times and it kills me everytime. Idk why it's so funny to me but drat it cracks me up. Also that spider man movie is unwatchable without the boys making fun of it holy poo poo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAPOojRLY2U

Pretty good timing with RLM putting this out right when WHM's Temple of Doom episode comes out.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Isn't there an atrocious green screen effect when the plane crashes into the mountain, like the mountain in the background shifts because the effect wasn't lined up properly? I must be misremembering, because not a single person is mentioning it, but I could swear that happens in this movie

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Andorra posted:

Isn't there an atrocious green screen effect when the plane crashes into the mountain, like the mountain in the background shifts because the effect wasn't lined up properly? I must be misremembering, because not a single person is mentioning it, but I could swear that happens in this movie

Looks like bad compositing and then the explosion itself just looks a different effect superimposed over the 'crash'. It's rough but it's pretty quick so it might be easy to overlook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srlBF1eLNGg&t=232s

edit: actually after watching it a couple times you can definitely see the background mountain move a bit too

Ror fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 28, 2023

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

GlenMR posted:

There's no ad-free versions of the main feed episodes, if that's what you mean.

The Spanish language commercial I got in Temple of Doom was a nice contrast to Steve’s Better Help ad.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1673807764232065025?t=L2R2VaXJq3ooB0DoEm6oqQ&s=19

What could they have gotten Bob and Henry from Talking Simpsons back on the show for?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t know but they’re the most bland rear end people. I listened to retronauts a little bit and they have like no personality.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
It’s the Garfield Movie

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Andorra posted:

Not entirely sure but I do know part of why it looks off is because they added the explosion in post-production. Initially there wasn't one, since the plane was out of fuel and therefore an explosion would be unrealistic but then it was decided the explosion was needed because it just didn't look "right" without one.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The Gillman posted:

It’s the Garfield Movie

That opens the door for so many more of those aside from the sequel. Top Cat, Woody Woodpecker, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? for WLM... :sickos:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Hopefully getting some Angelica Jade Bastién soon. She's my fave guest host.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

100% agreed.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

clown shoes posted:

They kept hinting at her being on a Melr210 in the past but that doesn’t seem to have happened yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

clown shoes posted:

:hellyeah:

I should have expected the return of the Skydiving News Network in the Temple of Doom episode, but I didn't, and it killed me when it started up.