Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Vichan posted:

What a loving blow.

It’s all that charcoal-broiled meat you people ate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
You want an egg? Bobby, make my nephew an egg.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

The mundanity of funerals in The Sopranos is so good, both because of how it's used for comedic effect, and also because, frankly, it's a lot closer to the experience I've had with funerals than any other TV show has managed.

That time Tony and Carmela take a break from Christopher's funeral to go to the funeral of Paulie's mom and he gets *so mad* almost nobody showed for her... what a good show.

I'm the guy who goes back upstairs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It’s all that charcoal-broiled meat you people ate.

Nobody told us!

Ries
Apr 14, 2003
Motorcycle

Vichan posted:

What a loving blow.

Whaddayagonnado?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
She was a proud Newarker.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Youtube autoplayed Christopher's intervention after the funferal scene and I couldn't stop watching. Pretty much every line and interaction still makes me laugh and are often competely out of left field like the guy who got caught stealing those pork loins, one thing I caught this time is Tony saying, "I know what it's like to lose a pet" in refence to Christopher killing Adrianna's dog Collette. And thinking about it, I'm not sure if he's talking about the ducks, the dog his dad gave to his mistress, or the race horse. It could be any of them and it's wonderful, also foreshadowing Melphi's discovery that psychopaths often care more about pets than human life.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 25, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pretty sure he was referring to the race horse since that had happened recently

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Yea if you wanna be literal

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'd just like to say, this is still the finest TV show made to date. Oh!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

We taught the WORLD to eat!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if Tony or any of the crew knew that tomatoes and peppers weren’t native to Italian cuisine and only introduced after the Spanish brought them back from Mexico.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

ruddiger posted:

I wonder if Tony or any of the crew knew that tomatoes and peppers weren’t native to Italian cuisine and only introduced after the Spanish brought them back from Mexico.

All the more reason for Christopher Columbus to be a hero in this house END OF STORY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ruddiger posted:

Semi-related, but this reminded me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tYD2iDg7aA

And we thought the Germans were classless pieces of poo poo!

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBD61skoMk8

To me this scene always sticks out as to how ignorant they are when it comes to Italian history. (And US history for that matter)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Vichan posted:

To me this scene always sticks out as to how ignorant they are when it comes to Italian history. (And US history for that matter)

I always think of the episode where they go to Italy, especially the dinner scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-eHk4RiIso

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I thought we were naboli-daboli or whatever

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BiggerBoat posted:

I always think of the episode where they go to Italy, especially the dinner scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-eHk4RiIso
Everything with Paulie in Italy is classic

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Steroidah?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ralph Hurley posted:

We taught the WORLD to eat!

Again with the rape of the culture.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't been. Especially any Italian

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Vichan posted:

I also love Hugh's birthday party. carmella's mother hyping tuscan stews as something particularly high-cultured is a good laugh

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So you're a doctor like Kissinger's a doctor?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Then he gets back home and raves about what a great experience he had and how he feels sorry for anyone who's never been to the Mother Land, pretending it was because it was so culturally enriching. Also, Chris spent the entire time shooting junk and never saw Mt. Vesuvius or whatever it was he was determined to do.

The locals made fun of them like Jersey Italians mock folks who eat spaghetti with Ragu sauce.

I love the silent scenes when they're in the car driving back from the airport and passing all this depressing ugly poo poo in that part of NJ.

They thought it was gonna be like The Godfather or some poo poo and even the don they met up with just a senile old dude in a wheelchair.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 27, 2023

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

BiggerBoat posted:

The locals made fun of them like Jersey Italians mock folks who eat spaghetti with Ragu sauce.

Oh anywhere in Europe being told you're worse than Germans On Holiday is much, much worse than that :/

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Then he gets back home and raves about what a great experience he had and how he feels sorry for anyone who's never been to the Mother Land, pretending it was because it was so culturally enriching. Also, Chris spent the entire time shooting junk and never saw Mt. Vesuvius or whatever it was he was determined to do.

I love the silent scenes when they're in the car driving back from the airport and passing all this depressing ugly poo poo in that part of NJ.

They thought it was gonna be like The Godfather or some poo poo and even the don they met up with just a senile old dude in a wheelchair.

I also liked how Naples was pretty grody looking too, with trash and graffiti everywhere. I've not been to Naples myself but I have heard mixed reviews

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of Naples, everyone go watch Gammorah.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BiggerBoat posted:

Wilshire

Boulevard

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
"Ton', you give this guy a golf club, he'll probably try to gently caress it"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ainsley McTree posted:

I also liked how Naples was pretty grody looking too, with trash and graffiti everywhere. I've not been to Naples myself but I have heard mixed reviews

Chase commented it was lovely to shoot there because you could just point the camera and you'd have an amazing shot.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Speaking of Naples, everyone go watch Gammorah.

Does anyone know if the series was good. The movie was great.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

Gaius Marius posted:

Does anyone know if the series was good. The movie was great.

I was sort of wary of the series because the film is so good at deglamorising the Camorra characters and their world and the series is set up more like a standard mob drama, but it does start off really well in terms of making very compelling drama out of totally detestable characters. Unfortunately every season is a little worse than the last until it descends into pure pulp. I'd recommend up to the end of season 3, which could have easily served as a final season anyway.

I should note it's super bleak and there's very little humour outside of how gaudily the gangsters furnish their apartments inside of their shithole ghetto power bases.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is Gomorrah season 3 the one that ends with Gennaro sitting all by himself in that underground bunker?

The show is very bleak but also very very good.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Wilshire

Boulevard

george-a

whashing-tone-a

breeeeedgeee-a

:corsair:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

crispix posted:

george-a

whashing-tone-a

breeeeedgeee-a

That's very good.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Wilshire

Boulevard

"...I think there's something wrong with his wheelchair."

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

everyone including tony ends up completely disappointed and miserable for different reasons, it owns

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

crispix posted:

george-a

whashing-tone-a

breeeeedgeee-a

Every time I go over it and the Major Deegan I do the voice and if my wife is with me she does the "that's very good"

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

ruddiger posted:

Is Gomorrah season 3 the one that ends with Gennaro sitting all by himself in that underground bunker?

The show is very bleak but also very very good.

No that's 4, 3 is Ciro taking the bullet for Genny and getting dumped off the yacht. I thought 4 had a ton of loving problems and the show had more or less run out of things to say even if that was a strong note to end on. Maybe it doesn't sound much of a recommendation to suggest people only watch part of a series, but there's so much fantastic stuff in it until then, if it had kept to that it would easily be one of my top shows of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Every time I go over it and the Major Deegan I do the voice and if my wife is with me she does the "that's very good"

Man your wife sounds like a keeper, you should marry her :hmmyes: