Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally got my Patchwerk first, but it was a dirty win. Dude was running a leapfrog build and I destroyed him the first two matches so he concedes.

Next fight the hits don't go my way and his ghost kills me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Hey if he ragequits a W is a W. I had a game the other day where it was down to three and the third place player (I was facing him and in second) abruptly threw the waving murloc emote and quit. He shouldn't have since his ghost hit me for 11 and basically left me to my last strike.

I ended up winning that game with a Bristlebach board that constantly refreshed my two Tough Tusks*, and on the final round was able to refresh my Pufferquil's* venom because I found a Glowscale shield cycling through cards. It took 7 full turns including 4 ties to do so because the Patchwerk was running the grandest murloc scam with Mrrglrs, Breams, Belchers, 4 hand minions' worth of Bassgills (the two breams mentioned before and two Rotgills) and a Leeroy to taste. I don't think anything other than the build I bumblefucked into can beat that, and even then I had to luck into a golden Selfless Hero to fully break the deadlock.

*Non-gold! Bristlebach resets wont work if these are gold!

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

quote != edit

Also won my first offering of Hogger today. First triple was Dealer, second was Dealer, and third Tethys. The Hogger HP synergy is gross with Dealers. Also pretty lucky Tethys didn't abruptly toss me a third Dealer and muck up my board.

Navaash fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 26, 2023

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
One of the recent hotfixes had a fix for the golden tough tusk thing, so it should work now, unless they unfixed a fix again

quote:

[Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Golden Tough Tusk would not regain Divine Shield if a Blood Gem was played on it during combat.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Navaash posted:

Hey if he ragequits a W is a W. I had a game the other day where it was down to three and the third place player (I was facing him and in second) abruptly threw the waving murloc emote and quit. He shouldn't have since his ghost hit me for 11 and basically left me to my last strike.

Oh I'm not too proud to take it. Especially since it leaves with just 15 heroes to 1st and brb to 100% the achievements for BG.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Between Control Priests and Blood DK, both enabled by Renathal, truly this might be one of the laziest fat gently caress metas of all time.
Just 30 cards dedicated to removal then some variety of vague win con based on mostly the opponent being bored enough to leave.

I do wonder if anyone on Team 5 views any game involving these as anything resembling a design success.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
And this is why they shouldn’t have nerfed pure paladin. (Pure paladin is still really good vs control priest.)

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I was one win away from diamond, then I lost 4 consecutive matches. Feels bad.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/SongbirdCora/status/1673500391861026816?s=20

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
No comment.

### Curate The Vault
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 1x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 1x (1) Alleycat
# 1x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 1x (1) Wolpertinger
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
# 1x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 1x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 1x (2) Hunting Mastiff
# 1x (2) Ram Commander
# 1x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 1x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (2) ZOMBEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Bloated Python
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Desert Spear
# 1x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) Naga's Pride
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 1x (3) Twin-fin Fin Twin
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) School Teacher
# 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
# 1x (5) Famished Fool
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAa/XAyiIBdkJ2wnDFoUXubIC6rsCuvYCx50D/KMD5KQDpKUDpqUDmKkDjq0DkbEDn7cD87cDlc0Dos4DtM4DudIDiPQDlPwDqIoEoY0E5aQEpa0E5bAElrcE4LkE57kEnMcE6dAEuOMEzOQEl+8EvPAEp6QF4qQFAAAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3gmNWE1Hv4

next expansion launches august 1, TITANS

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

New expansion announced : Titans

Titan legendaries for each class (minions with 3 single-use abilities and bonuses for casting each of them)

Forge keyword (drag Forge card to your deck, spend 2 mana, get a bonus effect on it)

Titan Keeper legendaries for each class

More Magnetic mechs, and for new classes

Mage gets more cards with multi-school synergy like the Multicaster

Paladin gets ressurects

free legendary is Prison of Yogg Saron, neutral legendary location which casts random spells

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Can’t say I’m particularly enthusiastic about a five-week gap between announcement and release after recent expansions have been so speedy.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Want to higlight this from the patch notes
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23973115/26-6-patch-notes

quote:

This weekend, July 1-July 2, we’ll be hosting a special Community Day to celebrate the new Twist Beta and the upcoming launch of TITANS! By participating in Community Day, you can earn 11 free packs within 24 hours! From July 1, 12:00 p.m. (PDT) to July 2, 11:59 a.m. (PDT), earn six drops, each for watching 1 hour of any Hearthstone stream.

First hour: 1 Ashes of Outland Pack + 1 Scholomance Academy Pack
Second hour: 1 Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Pack + 1 Forged in the Barrens Pack
Third hour: 1 United in Stormwind Pack + 1 Fractured in Alterac Valley Pack
Fourth hour: 1 Voyage to the Sunken City Pack + 1 Murder at Castle Nathria Pack
Fifth hour: 1 March of the Lich King Pack + 1 Festival of Legends Pack
Sixth hour: 1 TITANS Pack

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

And you thought you hated the 3/6 Hollow Hounds, lol.
Just a casual 24/32 heal (depending).

Edit: You never go full Northshire TITANS!
Control Priests will probably love to ruin everyone's day.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 27, 2023

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Not thrilled that Druid gets their own private Reno Jackson that also summons a big taunt.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I don't know how the mage titan's gonna work out considering titans already look expensive, slow, and considered "Definitely Kill On Sight" by the opponent

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Hey, did you know that quote is not edit?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

bravesword posted:

Can’t say I’m particularly enthusiastic about a five-week gap between announcement and release after recent expansions have been so speedy.

This is about the same time gap between announcement and launch as the past few expansions - are you getting mixed up with mini sets?

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Wow, the power creep is really showing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I think they heard the feedback that Festival of Legends cards were overshadowed by the previous year's cards and took away exactly the wrong lesson from it

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

mcbexx posted:

And you thought you hated the 3/6 Hollow Hounds, lol.
Just a casual 24/32 heal (depending).

Edit: You never go full Northshire TITANS!
Control Priests will probably love to ruin everyone's day.

You can play two freebirds for 17 charge damage next turn.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Chernabog posted:

You can play two freebirds for 17 charge damage next turn.

Wild has Tundra Rhino and 2x Young Dragonhawk (Windfury) for 40 dmg.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Color Printer posted:

I don't know how the mage titan's gonna work out considering titans already look expensive, slow, and considered "Definitely Kill On Sight" by the opponent

Yup unless there's some way to stealth it it's never gonna survive a turn

EDIT: A 6 mana 3/8 that deals 5 damage isn’t bad though, with an upside if it survives a turn.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 28, 2023

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Just as a heads up — Blizzard is selling pre-built decks for the new format… but it doesn’t seem like they’re very well put-together, just eyeballing them. The Demon Hunter one has Felosophy but Metamorfin as its only Demon; the Druid one has Topior but only Overgrowth for Nature spells (and Jerry Rig Carpenter with no Choose One cards); the Warrior one is a Commencement deck with four creatures (one of which is not a particularly good Commencement hit).

They still might be worth getting just as piles of individually strong cards that you can just buy without having to crack packs or spend dust to get, but it probably isn’t a good idea to try and play them straight out of the box. (If you must, the Paladin one looks pretty solid, with no baffling inclusions or omissions.)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think I will enjoy twist, but this format in particular seems like it's going to be trash within days.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I'm guessing Zilliax is returning as a reprint in the set since Diamond Zilliax is included in the pre-order bundle. I'm good with that and think he should probably be added to Core forever.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

NorgLyle posted:

I'm guessing Zilliax is returning as a reprint in the set since Diamond Zilliax is included in the pre-order bundle. I'm good with that and think he should probably be added to Core forever.

Might want to double-check your Core Set.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Think I'm more interested in Forge as a mechanic than Titans, which imo feel very similar to Colossals (actually a bit weird they're both in the same rotation).

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I don’t really see the comparison to Colossals at all, except in the general sense of “big, expensive legendaries with a unifying mechanic; every class gets one.” The Colossals are largely big swing plays that are tough to clear, while the Titans we’ve seen so far look to be more along the lines of slow value tools that are more forgiving to interact with.

Frankly they remind me more of Magic’s planeswalkers than anything Hearthstone has done in the past.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

RatHat posted:

Yup unless there's some way to stealth it it's never gonna survive a turn

EDIT: A 6 mana 3/8 that deals 5 damage isn’t bad though, with an upside if it survives a turn.

its another win condition for quest mage in wild

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like the Titans are

Norgannon: Mage
Eonar: Druid
Aggramar: Hunter
Aman’thul: Priest
Golganneth: Shaman
Khazgaroth: Warrior
Sargeras: Warlock
Argus: Demon Hunter

and the 3 odd ones:

The Primus?: Death Knight (I guess the Eternal ones are close enough to Titans)
Amitus: Paladin (New OC Titan)
Unnamed mech Titan?: Rogue (ok sure)

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 28, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

they didnt put Argus ...the DEATH titan..as the death knight..?

sargeras was ind of a slam dunk for DH instead tbh

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It isn’t confirmed yet so I guess we’ll see. They’re revealing all the Titans first July 3rd-7th so we don’t have long to wait

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Argus makes a lot of sense for DH, since he was being used to ressurect demons for the Burning Legion - though Sargeras would also work for obvious reasons.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

There being two classes that need a fel titan thematically and only one actual fel titan is a bit of an issue there, and between DH and Warlock I think Leader of the Burning Legion should probably go to Warlock.

Argus could have gone to DK or DH, but again that leaves one in need of a thematically appropriate Titan and there just isn't a pre-existing one. You could have made a new Sargeras follower, maybe female to go with the new Paladin one.

Or to fit DH's whole thing, have a successfully corrupted fel titan who ultimately turned on Sargeras, could do fel-Azeroth even.

The Primus is a weird choice, but it isn't the weirdest, since the Pantheon of Death are equal to the Pantheon of Titans in power scale theoretically.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

It's interesting that Titans are really the first foray Hearthstone is making into the MTG tap for effect world (ok, second if you count locations), especially with the lack of ability to attack until the abilities are used. I thought it would have happened years ago.

Wonder if this is partially a way to test out the mechanic for use in a more general sense.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Paladin should be Sargeras, the Defender
Warlock should be Sargeras, the Destroyer
Hunter should be Aggramar, the Avenger
Demon Hunter should be Aggramar, the Enforcer
Death Knight should be Argus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm down for new Titans tbh, we know that there have been deaths amongst the Titans, or at least unborn Titans lost to the Void (and Argus is arguably an unborn Titan lost to Fel Corruption).