Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My wife does like 90% of her target shopping online with the curbside pickup, and probably half the time for groceries. If I shop though, I pretty much always go into the store, and I never do pickup for groceries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grocery shopping and the process of deciding what I want to cook based on what's available is a stress reliever for me.

Unless the store is littered with boomers who either have no spatial awareness or just don't care they're blocking an entire section/aisle.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Joey Freshwater posted:

That guy is dumb as poo poo

It is Darksydephil

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shinji2015 posted:

It is Darksydephil

I'm sorta aware of big twitch streamers and I don't know who that is and am glad i do not know who that is.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
He's notable for being a whiny pissbaby about every game he plays and for accidentally leaving his webcam on and visibly jerkin it while still live :gonk:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Manoueverable posted:

and for accidentally leaving his webcam on and visibly jerkin it while still live :gonk:

I SAID I'M GLAD I DON"T KNOW WHO HE IS :gonk:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What do you do when you got the dregs of tortilla chip pieces in a bag & a scant amount of queso dip in the jar?

You combine the two & eat it like some hobo Mexican cereal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my friends got married this weekend at Paint Rock Farm in Hot Springs, NC. It's a gorgeous venue an hour north of Asheville. Lots of festivals there, hippy weddings, raves, whatever. Friends are huge river rafting people. Most of their friends are Van Life people who'd all be Burners if they lived on the west coast and were rich, that kind of crowd. close to 150 people.

Friday was an intimate kinda thing with just close family and friends and whatever. I didn't go to that. Saturday was the party and it was "glitter disco themed." once the sun went down, that turned into the biggest fuckoff party I have ever seen in my life. live six piece band from 7-10 and they were loving great. Just went wild. Then we all moved to a huge bonfire outside where they played a 3 hour acoustic Appalachian string plucking set with banjos and what not while we sat around a huge bonfire.

hardest night of partying in my entire life. most people watched the sun come up. my neurotransmitters are shot. This is going to be a multi day hangover.

worth it

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Android Apocalypse posted:

What do you do when you got the dregs of tortilla chip pieces in a bag & a scant amount of queso dip in the jar?

You combine the two & eat it like some hobo Mexican cereal.

I think we've all been there.

Well, I've certainly been there and I stand in solidarity with this.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My Wellbutrin dose increased and now I'm hitting the serious "well I'm hungry but ehhhhhh" side effect hard.

I wish we had a grill since it's nice and I love grilling shrimp and veggies. Instead I'll drink a beer and read a book about the crusades.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fuuuuuuuuuck Mondays.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Dave says hi

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hi Dave

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Dave Growl is lookin scruffy I love him

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
God drat, Florida saw what the Angels did and said hold my beer jello shots.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

finally

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hi Dave

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

God drat, Florida saw what the Angels did and said hold my beer jello shots.

Go—and I can’t emphasize this enough—Gata.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Dave? More like Fav o rite dogge

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Every time you ask I post pics!!!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lots of loooong cut scenes in the new FF. Hopefully it doesn’t keep on for the whole game

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It will. It's Final Fantasy. The cutscenes are the point.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Feels like way more compared to previous games

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Am I the only one still doing the pandemic thing of ordering stuff online and having someone pick stuff out for you and bring it out to your car?

I always viewed grocery shopping even before that as a mission. You go in, get what you need, and then get the hell out.
You are not the only one, and imho it is 1000% better than shopping for myself

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Just picked up a new to me barely used kayak, and GFs shiny new one is on a truck somewhere headed this way. Can’t wait to paddle and not catch any fish!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Re Final Fantasy

https://youtu.be/eXJFbsQBvLw

he spends the entire time trashing the game then realizes he has to walk past all the people who worked on the game in order to leave.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/vashon_photo/status/1673120836100734979?t=7M_soyEztR9yLK3UGolPhg&s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

Just picked up a new to me barely used kayak, and GFs shiny new one is on a truck somewhere headed this way. Can’t wait to paddle and not catch any fish!

Nah you’ll catch a lot of fish actually. Just getting to the sheltered spots away from the bank will work wonders.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Bad weather came through the Louisville area so I am without power and had 2 big trees fall. One may have clipped the neighbor's roof on the corner but it could have been a big limb from one of their trees so got to call my insurance company tomorrow on it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That’s my billionaire governor! I can’t believe I’d actually be happy to see him run for president. I did not like him before he got elected.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Grittybeard posted:

Am I the only one still doing the pandemic thing of ordering stuff online and having someone pick stuff out for you and bring it out to your car?

I always viewed grocery shopping even before that as a mission. You go in, get what you need, and then get the hell out.

Bring it to your car? That defeats the purpose because you still need to put pants on. We go to the store maybe 20% of the time right now, got too used to the convenience of just opening the front door to a pile of groceries.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol Musk’s mother stopped the fight between him and Zuck

I mean it was probably never happening either way but Mommy telling Elon he’s grounded is just 👌🏽

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
We do driver side grocery pickup once a week. Very awesome to toss things on a list little by little as you think of them on an app. We don't do grocery delivery because Uber eats and the other methods in our area have horrendous labor practices.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I do curbside pickup sometimes when I just need a few things at Walmart but I’ve been at work all day and I don’t feel like walking the store.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife is too particular about her produce to let other people grab groceries for her. Hell, she's too particular about food containers in certain instances.

Me personally, I like picking out my own stuff because I enjoy the occasional in-store epiphany about a future meal I'm going to make.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Braksgirl posted:

I do curbside pickup sometimes when I just need a few things at Walmart but I’ve been at work all day and I don’t feel like walking the store.

I do that for Lowe's because I can't loving find anything in that store. I'll just have them find it for me!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

My wife is too particular about her produce to let other people grab groceries for her. Hell, she's too particular about food containers in certain instances.

Me personally, I like picking out my own stuff because I enjoy the occasional in-store epiphany about a future meal I'm going to make.

Yeah when I'm sick I get groceries delivered and every time I get the poo poo produce.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One cool thing about doing postage from home with sites like PirateShip is I can print up package labels and walk over to the nearby post office to drop them off at their outdoor box.l (even if it's a Sunday).

Even better when there's a Starbucks nearby and I took my housemate's dog along with me for the errand.

Fridta's Pupperchino paired well with my Tall Almond Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino® Blended Crème.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Is this an ad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

We have a grocery store in walking distance (same parent company as 7-11) but we also do online order and delivery from them directly because finding time to shop with a toddler is tough, and they have discounts on the delivery fee for families with kids under 3. Delivery right to the door of our flat, it’s a huge time saver. I can still go in person if we need anything else, too.