Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
smooth brained or hamburger brained which is it !!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

OctaMurk posted:

smooth brained or hamburger brained which is it !!!

ever had a smooth hamburger? tgats america

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
brioche rear end bun rear end brain burger

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
smooth hamburger rear end war

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
vernii are you ok
are you ok
are you ok vernii

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

vernii are you ok
are you ok
are you ok vernii

You've been hit by
You've been struck by
A smooth hamburger

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Gulping Again posted:

chainprobe him back to D&D

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

There are two interesting phenomena that happened between Korea and Vietnam, though I'm not sure exactly how they're related -

I think the lower mortality rate has some impact here.

In WWII you were more likely to just be dead than survive to be a wounded veteran to return home.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

putin is cia

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018
Any developments since yesterday? Didn't want to read 2000+ posts.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Phobos Anomaly posted:

Any developments since yesterday? Didn't want to read 2000+ posts.

ukraine just took moscow

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

spacetoaster posted:

I think the lower mortality rate has some impact here.

In WWII you were more likely to just be dead than survive to be a wounded veteran to return home.

True. Korea's slow moving front line and air CASEVAC (M*A*S*H opening scene) made a big difference there.

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018
drat what were the chances of that happening.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

"lol russia so pathetic, an army just marching up with no resistance, no one even trying to stop them, ha ha what losers"

"how could this end without a bunch of bloodshed? no fair"

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

DancingShade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVQ0GC22Qs

Very accurate and extremely real footage of Russian tank in action. Yes its safe to watch.

goddamnit, down for copyright claim of all things???

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

drat I'm glad I got to see that

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

so is it just :backtowork: with this war or what?? this whole thing is ridiculous lmao

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
It's the latest trend in PMCs that generals hate. It's called quiet quiting.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Dalaram posted:

goddamnit, down for copyright claim of all things???

check out their channel though

https://space.bilibili.com/478832800/

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It must be awesome to have a brain so smooth you reflexively scoff at ideas like "it's so weird it looks like it could have been coordinated." I wish i could live in such a world of wonders again

so did wagner shoot the il-22 down as a ruse to trick people on twitter or are all the videos of it falling from the sky fake

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/12905

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/315867

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Enjoy posted:

so did wagner shoot the il-22 down as a ruse to trick people on twitter or are all the videos of it falling from the sky fake

it was a cia plane you loving rube

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Did you guys read the books by the Soviet dissident that the fall of the USSR was a ruse and one day there would be a coup to reinstall 2SSR, just like that Simpsons episode?

NEW LIES FOR OLD: The Communist Strategy of Deception and Disinformation

and

The Perestroika Deception: The world's slide towards the 'Second October Revolution' ['Weltoktober']

The late 80’s early 90’s was so fuckin funny.

“The Perestroika Deception' explains the devious secret intent behind the Leninist strategy which the 'former' Communists are pursuing under cover of fake 'reform' and 'progress towards democracy'. The immediate strategic objective is 'convergence' with the West - on their terms, not ours. The ultimate objective is Lenin's: replacement of nation states with collective regional governments as building blocks of the world revolution.”

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Enjoy posted:

true posters COMMIT to the bit, and prigozhin is not just some scrub level poster

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Enjoy posted:

Can you think of a third option?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Did you guys read the books by the Soviet dissident that the fall of the USSR was a ruse and one day there would be a coup to reinstall 2SSR, just like that Simpsons episode?

NEW LIES FOR OLD: The Communist Strategy of Deception and Disinformation

and

The Perestroika Deception: The world's slide towards the 'Second October Revolution' ['Weltoktober']

The late 80’s early 90’s was so fuckin funny.

“The Perestroika Deception' explains the devious secret intent behind the Leninist strategy which the 'former' Communists are pursuing under cover of fake 'reform' and 'progress towards democracy'. The immediate strategic objective is 'convergence' with the West - on their terms, not ours. The ultimate objective is Lenin's: replacement of nation states with collective regional governments as building blocks of the world revolution.”

Bet this guy has cool thoughts on jews

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

i say swears online posted:

drat I'm glad I got to see that

t-59 exists only in our hearts now

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://tsn.ua/ukrayina/na-zakarpatti-pobili-generala-sbu-pidozryuyut-pracivnikiv-kontrrozvidki-zmi-2357245.html

quote:

The fight started in a restaurant in Uzhhorod district, after which the general was taken to the forest and his teeth were knocked out.

Three military counter-intelligence officers allegedly beat 62-year-old SBU General Viktor Mikulin, former rector of the SBU Academy and former deputy head of the Transcarpathian Regional State Administration.

According to the journalist, among the participants in the beating was Colonel Andriy Panarin, head of the 4th Department of the Military Counterintelligence Department of Transcarpathia.

According to Obozrevatel, citing its own sources in law enforcement, the counterintelligence colonel, along with his subordinates and probably several border guards, were having a loud night out in a restaurant.

Mikulin, who was holding a meeting with representatives of an international partner organisation in the same restaurant together with a Servant of the People MP, made a remark to the noisy company. In response, they started a fight.

The Obozrevatel source claims that the MP managed to escape and call the police. Mikulin was taken by the offended counterintelligence officers to the forest, where the 62-year-old man's teeth were knocked out.
According to media reports, he also had numerous bruises and bruises on his body, and doctors diagnosed a head injury, a fractured hand and other injuries.

The journalists write that the attackers fled the scene in a black Skoda, but were detained by officers of the KORD unit of the National Police.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Weka posted:

Can you think of a third option?

it was shot down by communist partisans and the revolution is imminent

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

buncha anglos scratching their heads in confusion when it turns out that not everybody shares their ingrained bloodlust is never going to stop being funny

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Александр Ходаковский posted:

I spoke with Yevgeny Prigozhin only once by phone - communication did not give any exhaustive idea of him as a person. But later, when the campaign with the recruitment of convicts began, I learned a little more about him as a person. There was a story when at a meeting Prigozhin began to demand the commissioning of a thousand prisoners a day, and the PMCs manager responsible for the project objected that three hundred people was the ceiling. The manager reasoned soberly, based on a real assessment of the possibilities, but the all-powerful owner did not like the answer, and Prigozhin's personal immediately twisted the guy and beat him half to death. For three days we thought he would be killed, but a miracle happened: Utkin took his old comrade away from the boss, and soon he came to his senses and moved to fight in the forty-fifth Airborne Brigade.

This incident told me everything: I made an approximate psychoportret of Prigozhin, and in each office I began to warn about the growing threat. It was clear to me that a person with such habits serves only his own interests. I remember a few months ago, in a conversation with Dima Steshin, I shared my opinion about the situation with Wagner and the likely consequences, moreover, the PMCs itself did not cause me concerns - Prigozhin and how he could use the PMCs caused concerns. I treated the Wagnerians themselves as Russian soldiers who, for obvious reasons, preferred not to fight in the Ministry of Defense, and fought perfectly.

I always cringed when I saw Prigozhin's figure being put on a pedestal. Sometimes he builds a church and is praised for it, then he is against corruption and mediocrity... At the same time, it was quite clear that he does not keep the company on his own and gets everything he demands. A case is described: the deputy commander of the Airborne Forces, long before the conflict between Prigozhin and the Ministry of Defense was on the air, stood like a schoolboy at his desk with approved applications for arms supplies, and waited for Prigozhin to get acquainted. Releasing the general, Prigozhin handed him a mocking chevron with the inscription "Pig troops" and said: here, give it to your boss... This episode also formed my understanding of Prigozhin's personality and the nature of his conflict with the military, where arrogance, as a character trait, also played a role.

Familiar with my own demons, which the Church and my heavenly patrons help me to cope with, I realized what kind of hell is inside this person, and realized what awaits us in the end. Even realizing that few people listen to me, I began to write about the fact that power should not be in private hands, that it will eventually obey the one who owns it... Someone heard me, someone did not, but yesterday I received more than one message that how right I was. What I was waiting for happened. Only the Lord took the trouble away from us - the earthly forces were not able to.
(from t.me/aleksandr_skif/2748, via tgsa)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

paul_soccer12 posted:

Bet this guy has cool thoughts on jews

Search your heart

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

brioche rear end bun rear end brain burger

Why is the perfectly round top so greasy?! :confused:

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Enjoy posted:

I'm not saying it was all some big plan, but to play devil's advocate, its incredibly easy to imagine that if it was, you wouldn't inform all the troops (a thousand people aren't going to keep things secret), and someone following orders, even if they were told not to engage, might get jumpy or something and take action in the heat of the event.

It could easily be an unintended incident on top of a plan, if it was a plan. I'm not saying it was a plan. But it doesn't take a stretch to explain it if it was.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

It wasnt a plan

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Trust the plan.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
https://twitter.com/CommunismLover6/status/1673111749812264968

1. Big hat.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

the fall of the USSR was a ruse and one day there would be a coup to reinstall 2SSR, just like that Simpsons episode?

I thought the USSR was still around because the leadership went to Transnistria after everyone else left.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Weka posted:

You are literally hamburger brained. You love America. gently caress you for supporting the greatest evil in existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Didn't one or two months ago Russian shot down 3 of their own military planes on the same day by friendly fire?

So yeah, friendly fire.