Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

LifeLynx posted:

Those same Balrogs politely bugger off if you initiate a conversation with a guy who misplaced his camel, they just act tough.

Unless you're that one guy you go after naughty pots for. They want to have the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

S.J. posted:

Is there any way to determine yet what you could possible re-roll a stat into on a piece of gear?

https://d4builds.gg/database/gear-affixes/

someone linked this when I asked a similar question and it seems accurate. It would be nice if this was part of the UI for rerolling gear like it was in D3 imo

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
hit level 100, went back to town to sell, game crashed. 10/10

i wish there were more of a loop to HotA barb. smashing stuff into paste is cool but it’s even more tedious than the shout buff yelling all the time

99->100 was a bear though. felt like a breeze just doing whatever and getting levels at a quick clip until 98

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

someone linked this when I asked a similar question and it seems accurate. It would be nice if this was part of the UI for rerolling gear like it was in D3 imo

Oh, thanks!

Crosswell
Jun 7, 2007
Lying in a Bombay alley
I've been having fun with my lightning sorceror if anyone is curious to try a high level build with no ice shards.

The key to the build is the aspect with 10% chance to activate unstable currents. On a 2h staff with a Crit that's a 40% chance with arc lash enhancer. The other key is slotting charged orbs and arc lash as your enchantment slots.

I just crap out level 9 charged orbs that seem bugged and stack infinitely on top of elites crapping out level 5 -only 1 manual point- lightning spears that also stun.
With level 9 charge bolts I have a press b to delete boss button to go with my stacked attack speed.

Ice spells may have permanent vuln and burning status but free spells is also a force multiplier and it sure is pretty watching the screen fill up with 4 different electricity spells as your lucky hit and Crit go up.

Make sure to put at least two or three points into the skills that stun on electricity skill lucky hit and the damage on stun passives.

I'm doing nightmare level 85s at level 74 safe and fast.

It is endlessly amusing to me that as a slotted skill the orbs fly off the screen before the enemy even is tickled by them but as a lucky hit enchantment they actually function as a core damage spell.

Crosswell fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jun 26, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

BaronVanAwesome posted:

so one thing I really like about diablo 4 is that there are normal humans as enemy types, it's interesting and adds a lot more options for the story to go/combat variation. HOWEVER

HOWEVER

it is absurd to an absolutely hilarious degree when like there's a little scripted event where 6 bandits and a guard in disguise jump you

MY DUDES, you just saw me blender a pack of like 18 balrogs of morgoth approximately 25 yards outside the gate that you stand beside

I'm a big fan of Blizzard taking the time to give bandits a smoke bomb spawn animation but they can also use the "dig up out of the ground" spawn too. That's how humans work right, suffocating under six feet of solid stone until they burrow upwards to strike.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Def recommend getting rushed into WT4 at level 60, joining world bosses and legion events for better gear, then returning to WT3 to stomp everything and level faster.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

LifeLynx posted:

I wonder why they have to take the game down two different days, almost 24 hours apart, for 5 hours at a time. Is day one just groundwork and then day two is applying the patch? I'll be too busy to play anyway, sucks for the people who this is their first weekday off of the summer though.

The announcement said you should be able to play through it iirc

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No Diablo build will ever be as ingenious as using Black Deaths to chop your HP down to sub 10 in Diablo so that you could Manashield and never hit react.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I've seen a lot of excuses/reasons for why certain things in Diablo 4 are different/missing when compared to earlier titles but this one is one of the bigger unforgivable ones to me.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
its incredibly annoying and i agree its stupid its not in there already but the aspects system at least means you can keep rares with the right rolls if you can be bothered checking that stuff as you go so i wouldnt say its the qol addition i want the most but its up there. maybe its just because theres not a super efficient path to end game that showers you in gold like d3 but i find im too broke to afford to reroll any particular piece of gear more than 4 or 5 times. it doesnt help that im constantly ping ponging between needing money and needing crafting mats so i havent quite gotten to just bulk selling everything

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
God WT4 is rough at 63. Just kind of holding out for a decent ancestral weapon/focus roll and then I think i'll go back to WT3 until closer to 70, that level difference wrecks.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tonight I discovered that while you get account-wide benefits for finding Lilith statues, the game counts each character's collection separately, which is mind-boggling.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

BaronVanAwesome posted:

so one thing I really like about diablo 4 is that there are normal humans as enemy types, it's interesting and adds a lot more options for the story to go/combat variation. HOWEVER

HOWEVER

it is absurd to an absolutely hilarious degree when like there's a little scripted event where 6 bandits and a guard in disguise jump you

MY DUDES, you just saw me blender a pack of like 18 balrogs of morgoth approximately 25 yards outside the gate that you stand beside

They're all actually part of a death cult that compels them to hold magic items but not use them, then suicide by hero

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Diephoon posted:

They're all actually part of a death cult that compels them to hold magic items but not use them, then suicide by hero

"Look at him, strutting around down there wielding Gorthoth, The Blade of Instant Death while angelic wings made of pure light stream out from behind him. His Bullwark of the Seraphim armor, pulled from the hoard of the vanquished Qeul-zan - the highest demon prince, is stained by the blood of tens of thousands of deated horrors. Feared by both heaven and hell he has become a demigod to rival any across the planes. I'm going to go try to rob him." - the final words of every random RPG bandit ever

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Mailer posted:

"Look at him, strutting around down there wielding Gorthoth, The Blade of Instant Death while angelic wings made of pure light stream out from behind him. His Bullwark of the Seraphim armor, pulled from the hoard of the vanquished Qeul-zan - the highest demon prince, is stained by the blood of tens of thousands of deated horrors. Feared by both heaven and hell he has become a demigod to rival any across the planes. I'm going to go try to rob him." - the final words of every random RPG bandit ever

Real billionaire Bruce Wayne beating up poor people energy.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mailer posted:

“He may have slain every demon within a 10 mile radius, but none of those bitches were me”

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
my name is diabolos. Alfred diabolos.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OctaMurk posted:

my name is diabolos. Alfred diabolos.

Ah, a gentleman of Greece

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Mailer posted:

thug in kamurocho energy

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mailer posted:

"What are we!?"
"We're...muggers?"
"That's right! So what do we do!?"
"We mug people?"
"Right, so, let's go mug that guy!"

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
To be fair, that thug has mugged enough people to get to level 72. A lvl 100 Slicer can probably take down Andariel.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

In Diablo 5, enemies become progressively more afraid of you so the end game is just bad guys killing themselves out of sheer terror. You will become Diablo.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
A bunch of guys asking if they are the baddies as they hang out with giant spiders, zombies, and demons, waiting to attack some guy riding through on a horse.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Ice Fist posted:

In Diablo 5, enemies become progressively more afraid of you so the end game is just bad guys killing themselves out of sheer terror. You will become Diablo.

Soft reboot of D1

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

That Italian Guy posted:

To be fair, that thug has mugged enough people to get to level 72. A lvl 100 Slicer can probably take down Andariel.

Either that or demon blood powers humans in Sanctuary.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
There isn't nearly enough agriculture to support the human settlements, so they're definitely eating demon meat.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Progression past 50 feels really slow. I’m on WT3, doing whispers, nightmare dungeons, etc. as a sorcerer. I can clear tier 1 NM dungeons although sometimes I’ll just get insta-gibbed by burst damage. Then my rewards are… less powerful items than I’m already wearing. I thought the whole progression concept was doing harder content and getting slightly better gear, rinse and repeat.

Firewall is the only build that seems to have enough damage and non-squishyness to survive. Arc lash is boring (and feels squishier); can’t run ice shards because I need more mana cost reduction, but can’t reliably get that on gear. Trying to get some through paragon.

As a long-time D3 player I remember how things were before and after all the “Loot 2.0” and related changes. Hopefully progression isn’t such a slog sometime down the road. Messing around with alts now as at least there is a sense of progression.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's because you're not doing harder content, tier one is giving you lvl 53 mobs, and if you can't handle those at 50 then your build is probably hosed. Post it and let us help you.

I was having a similar problem languishing around 60 but then I cleared the WT3 cap at 62, turned up the difficulty and now I'm showered in green numbers (that I can't switch to because I don't have the aspects I need)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mentalcontempt posted:

Progression past 50 feels really slow. I’m on WT3, doing whispers, nightmare dungeons, etc. as a sorcerer. I can clear tier 1 NM dungeons although sometimes I’ll just get insta-gibbed by burst damage. Then my rewards are… less powerful items than I’m already wearing. I thought the whole progression concept was doing harder content and getting slightly better gear, rinse and repeat.

Firewall is the only build that seems to have enough damage and non-squishyness to survive. Arc lash is boring (and feels squishier); can’t run ice shards because I need more mana cost reduction, but can’t reliably get that on gear. Trying to get some through paragon.

As a long-time D3 player I remember how things were before and after all the “Loot 2.0” and related changes. Hopefully progression isn’t such a slog sometime down the road. Messing around with alts now as at least there is a sense of progression.

Have you tried doing Helltides and only seeking the Mystery boxes (not shown on minimap, usually 2 of them to be found)

Those and world bosses were the only way I found better gear from levels 50-60.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I love helltides but I hate that basically only the mystery chests are worth anything. By the law of optimization all other chests may as well not exist.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SettingSun posted:

I love helltides but I hate that basically only the mystery chests are worth anything. By the law of optimization all other chests may as well not exist.
You can bang out 700 cinders in like 20-30 minutes. So if you’re still doing Helltides for XP then you gotta have something else to spend your excess on.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

SettingSun posted:

Mystery chests are great, but the others are good if you're trying to target something. Still, I never open them either. :v:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
at this point my most limiting factor, of all things, is gold

the price of affix rerolls spirals out of control VERY loving quickly when trying to improve rolls

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
How often are you upgrading/rerolling your gear? I’ve got like 40M saved up just from regular yellow farming.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm 52 and I've been steady finding upgrades just from wandering around clearing random dungeons and doing a helltide here and there. I might just be getting lucky though

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

American McGay posted:

How often are you upgrading/rerolling your gear? I’ve got like 40M saved up just from regular yellow farming.

If you reroll a specific piece of gear, the price goes up exponentially each time.

You don't have to reroll that many times (maybe around 10 times) to get into the range of 5-7 million gold per roll if all of your rerolls are on a single item.

If you are still semi-regularly upgrading your gear, or have low ilvl gear, then it is probably not worth it to spend 100 million to try and get a perfect roll and you should just save it for a replacement.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

kumba posted:

the price of affix rerolls spirals out of control VERY loving quickly when trying to improve rolls

Sell duplicate good rolls on jsp

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

i think it's mostly due to the sheer number of affixes and most of them suck so i end up having to roll 10 times on a single piece of gear to get something desirable and it adds up quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

kumba posted:

Yeah they overcorrected the gold economy from Diablo 3 pretty hard I don't get it. I guess it's better to start stingy and then buff the drop rate than the other way around, but the price on top of it still being random pretty much means I'd rather keep looting than to tune stuff up.