Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I have never wanted a 10 page end-of-volume art/design spread as much as I want one for this right here:

I love Momo's Alien-Busters shirt+hi-tops, Okarun's coat, Aira's "dress", Jiji's earrings, Shrimp's stance, every goddamn thing about that spread is perfect.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Robot nerd is gonna combine the house with Vamola's suit and it's gonna be sick

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I like that Okarun never fails to roll up his pants

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Also I don't know if it was intentional with that chapter or not, but Dandadan chapters release on Tuesdays.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Everything about Okarun's design is just so loving cool.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's really no way to do the "two vertical lines on the face that intersect the eyes" design wrong

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
He looks like Dr Stone and I like it

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

His scarf is, like, the Violator from Spawn underbite, and he's so done with effort that he's got negative posture. Well-kept for the circumstances school boy uniform, bonus Hellsing lenses. All simple and memorable, with visible room to grow. Best main character fighting form I've seen in a long while. Better than half of modern day Kamen Riders.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 22, 2023

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1017100

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I think we can all agree with evil eye that the shapes are in fact cool. Almost as cool as Takakura I’d say.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Always impressed with how well Dandadan conveys motion

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Spacial manipulation alien continues to prove why Araki had to make Okayasu nearly brain dead because his stand is absolutely busted if the user is even semi-competent.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I just love that the name of this chapter is "Today is a Tuesday".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
please rename the thread "DANDADAN: HOW THE gently caress IS THIS A WEEKLY SERIES"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I cannot believe how good every single chapter looks, this has to be the best-looking manga currently running, and especially weekly manga

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Upsetting lack of Mr. Shrimp punching the poo poo out of stuff this chapter, but excellent spiraling by Jiji and Aira.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

no chapter next week sadly

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The spreads and big action pages this week were crazy

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018336

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Hell yeah!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
god I love this loving manga so much

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Is the kamen rider dude still alive?

Also :tviv:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It is a blessing that this weekly comic exists

Let’s gooooo

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gotta say, "I'll let myself get absorbed into the enemy pocket dimension so that I can blow it up from the inside" is extremely :black101:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Yo this manga rules and I'm super invested in every character and I'm STILL waiting on kuchisake-onna to come out to 2003 Brock Lesnar wrestling heat.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Desumaytah posted:

Yo this manga rules and I'm super invested in every character and I'm STILL waiting on kuchisake-onna to come out to 2003 Brock Lesnar wrestling heat.

It's gonna rule when that inevitably happens.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Reading this manga weekly is already so much fun, I can't imagine how it's like reading by the volumes.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this is going to look INSANE animated

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't imagine it living up to the manga without madhouse a-team level working on it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't imagine it living up to the manga without madhouse a-team level working on it

Yeah, this and Sakamoto Days are both in the "this better have a top studio with a huge budget or else it ain't gonna work" category for me

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My dream is studio Bones. I feel like the team that did Mob Psycho can absolutely nail the feel and vibe

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I just wonder if any given studio could manage to make the two page spreads look as awesome as they do in the manga.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Forget the spreads and fight scenes, any animation studio has to get the cow abduction scene right first.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Spend all of the anime budget to get Studio Ghibli to do that one heavy metal exorcism bit with the dork musicians, IMHO.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i forgOT ABOUT THE MUSICIANS

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

How did you forget iconic chapter “symphony 6” and “symphony 9”

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Gotta say, "I'll let myself get absorbed into the enemy pocket dimension so that I can blow it up from the inside" is extremely :black101:

Reminded me of when K in Men in Black got the cockroach alien to eat him so he could get his gun back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

How is no one dying while drawing this manga