Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

Do they think chatGPT actually “thinks” about the data it reads? It just parrots back approximations of what real people say about the subject it’s asked about. I’ll they’re getting is a new aspect of the weird echo chamber they live in

It doesn't even really do that, it's just a fancy version of the autocorrect text prediction on your phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

mdxi posted:

• Some of them are worried that the kerfuffle in Russia over the past 36 hours was a false flag -- not by either of the belligerents, but by the (((GLOBALISTS))) to cause a stock market crash just before their bankruptcy sale, thus preventing the prophecy from becoming true

Lol

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I can't wait to read the mental gymnastics of all the BBBY morons when they're still broke in a week.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

I can't wait to read the mental gymnastics of all the BBBY morons when they're still broke in a week.

Q Ryan Cohen has a plan...

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Don’t forget to include how this is all tied into gamestop becoming the world’s greatest bank on the blockchain.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i just came

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coolusername posted:

Don’t forget to include how this is all tied into gamestop becoming the world’s greatest bank on the blockchain.

The Gamestop Metaverse

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 26, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

coolusername posted:

when he says basket theory does he mean like, basket case

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

It doesn't really work like that. They make predictions that tomorrow is the big day where everything comes together and when it doesn't happen everyone just ignores it and moves on to the next prediction that it's actually the next day. Nobody seems to ever question why the last 100 times someone predicted BBBY would make them rich and it never happened.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Sears went into bankruptcy five? years ago and there are still idiots holding that. GME AMC and BBBY still have a decade at least of meat on the bone.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Popete posted:

It doesn't really work like that. They make predictions that tomorrow is the big day where everything comes together and when it doesn't happen everyone just ignores it and moves on to the next prediction that it's actually the next day. Nobody seems to ever question why the last 100 times someone predicted BBBY would make them rich and it never happened.
That's what I mean, I want to see what the next "Secret plan for disrupting the marketplace, leaving hedge fund investors dumbfounded and taking us all to the moon!" idea is, and the excuses for why they didn't go to the moon this time. I've got my popcorn ready.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jun 26, 2023

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

That's what I mean, I want to see what the next "Secret plan for disrupting the marketplace, leaving hedge fund investors umbfounded and taking us all to the moon!" idea is, and the excuses for why they didn't go to the moon this time. I've got my popcorn ready.

they been going at this for so long that you will start hating popcorn if you still follow it, they slam their heads on a wall daily, and repeat next day "maybe it won't hurt this time". it's just sad now

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Eh, I don’t find it sad because it’s down to the last believers and they’re so drat spiteful. It’s the same fantasies you get with the worst of cryptobros: wife changing money, I’ll laugh in my friend’s faces because none of them believed me and call them tards as I cruise away on my megayacht, threats of violence against the ‘shills’, showing up and harassing workers at the counter for insider knowledge, sending hate mail and death threats to brokers, etc.

I just like to drop in with the whacky DBZ towels and time travel theories that are incredibly wild, and not the general mass about how “the streets will bathe in the blood of suicidal hedgies while I laugh, then I’ll dump my dumb wife who says I’m in a cult and begs me to stop spending the food money on the blockchain for a hottie 20 years younger than me who doesn’t talk back” comments.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

coolusername posted:

Eh, I don’t find it sad because it’s down to the last believers and they’re so drat spiteful. It’s the same fantasies you get with the worst of cryptobros: wife changing money, I’ll laugh in my friend’s faces because none of them believed me and call them tards as I cruise away on my megayacht, threats of violence against the ‘shills’, showing up and harassing workers at the counter for insider knowledge, sending hate mail and death threats to brokers, etc.

I still hear basically nothing but this from my crypto circles continually. They haven't changed their tune even now. Wife changing money and shills/fud are continually the tone. Even when I share regulatory issues they only see things supporting their cult viewpoints.

There's a consistent destructive greed theme which basically involves getting into fantasy land. I know anyone in these circles is also sadly pretty easily drawn into that sort of greed thinking from others which is why I don't directly engage anyone from said circles.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Good luck with trying to get some schadenfreude out of the bbby idiots. These guys are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet. The numerous narrative revisions as the stock has gone from 23 dollars to 23 cents have left only the dumbest of the dumb behind. They don't even have those moments where reality pierces their bubble for a moment before the next narrative takes hold like you might find on the crypto reddits. Everything that happens is just part of the plan, even if the plan was exactly the opposite yesterday. Their worthless penny stocks jump by a cent and they start smugly posting about how all the shills have been cowed. The auction for BBBY that they've been hanging their hopes on for months ends up going for $21 million and they're all "shills are out in force today. bullish :smug:". All news is good news. The next thing up is the sale of Buy Buy Baby, which of course is the real jewel and will go for billions. And once it goes for pennies on the dollar they won't be fazed a whit.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

coolusername posted:

I just like to drop in with the whacky DBZ towels and time travel theories that are incredibly wild, and not the general mass about how “the streets will bathe in the blood of suicidal hedgies while I laugh, then I’ll dump my dumb wife who says I’m in a cult and begs me to stop spending the food money on the blockchain for a hottie 20 years younger than me who doesn’t talk back” comments.

LOL. I genuinally thought you'd mistyped 'Life changing' at first, till I read on. drat. What charming people.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i hate how that post mentions shooting past the moon and going to uranus.

because real life is like a flashgame where you upgrade your rocket and all of space is in a neat little vertical box.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

PhazonLink posted:

i hate how that post mentions shooting past the moon and going to uranus.

because real life is like a flashgame where you upgrade your rocket and all of space is in a neat little vertical box.

Hm. Earn enough money on meme stocks/crypto and you'll be able to fire a cylindrical object up a shaft to reach Uranus? Probably not an unintentional metaphor in any way.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Wife changing money

I stand corrected. Also, p.good username/topic combo, especially given your history w/ crypto

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Do any of these "wife changing money" dingdongs realize that if their coins really do go to the moon their wife would get half their poo poo? Honestly if it did happen it sounds like most of the wives would be the first ones out the door.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

thekeeshman posted:

Do any of these "wife changing money" dingdongs realize that if their coins really do go to the moon their wife would get half their poo poo? Honestly if it did happen it sounds like most of the wives would be the first ones out the door.

Whats half of infinity?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
That's the beauty of it, whether you win big or lose it all your wife still changes.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

thekeeshman posted:

The whole concept appears to be “the monetary threshold at which my crypto/meme stock enthusiasm becomes tolerable to my wife.”

My assumption is that this has never happened.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Lumbermouth posted:

The whole concept appears to be “the monetary threshold at which my crypto/meme stock enthusiasm becomes tolerable to my wife.”

My assumption is that this has never happened.

I thought it was more trading in the current wife for hot supermodel..

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yes. The whole idea boils down to “I will be happy like I am in my fantasies”.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
It's 100% dumping your wife for someone better*

*younger, hotter, won't talk back

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

There’s a whole lot of posting about how they’ll hide their millions of bitcoins from their wife in their divorces etc. but the misogyny posting is not nearly as funny as the gamestop is about to be worth trillions selling NFTs theories.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
My wife does not understand Mo rear end:smith:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shouldn't you divorce your nocoiner wife before your Buy Buy Baby stocks hit Uranus so she can't take half of your billions?

E: goddamnit

Ok well the other funny thing is the idea that game companies would want to let customers to buy their games and rent them out to others instead of selling more games (or renting their games themselves if they really wanted a subscription model)

MLM reasoning.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 26, 2023

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

coolusername posted:

There’s a whole lot of posting about how they’ll hide their millions of bitcoins from their wife in their divorces etc. but the misogyny posting is not nearly as funny as the gamestop is about to be worth trillions selling NFTs theories.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaathetic

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It is technically true that if you put your life savings into meme stocks that money turns into wife changing money.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

mdxi posted:

Report from the Bed Bath and Beyond crazies:

• They're mostly convinced that this is the last weekend before they all get rich, because the BBBY auction sale is Wednesday
  • They believe BBBYQ will dramatically increase in price after the sale, but mostly for reasons that I can't understand even after good faith efforts to decypher their argot and belief systems
  • They still view their actions as a righteous war against "criminal" hedge funds and people holding short positions
  • As a side note, BBBYQ is currently 22% short
  • Some of them are worried that the kerfuffle in Russia over the past 36 hours was a false flag -- not by either of the belligerents, but by the (((GLOBALISTS))) to cause a stock market crash just before their bankruptcy sale, thus preventing the prophecy from becoming true
  • Some of them believe that Ryan Cohen (Gamestop board; founder of Chewy) is directly in cahoots with Patrick Byrne (crypto bro; former CEO of Overstock, which is buying some of BBBY's assets), and in once-removed cahoots with Warren Buffet because Byrne is a Buffet fanboy. This sect believes that these cahooting activities will be what brings about the short squeeze that makes them rich
  • Several of those who believe they'll be rich come Wednesday afternoon are planning to become billionaires by converting all their winnings into -- wait for it! -- Gamestop calls for January! (I do wonder why January, but I don't care enough to dig any further)
  • Some of the ones on the BBBYQ --> GME master plan are actually worried that those stocks will "moon" at essentially the same time, ruining their chances of buying low on Gamestop

Whoo!

Is there a thread or something tracking this? Because I'm getting a bit low on schadenfreude

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
It's pretty much just this thread. The poop museum is open if you want to go look at the exhibits

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I thought "wife changing money" was the wife , girlfriend, or SO leaves them for spending good money on an apecoin.

especially if it was money already earmarked for a wedding , decent down payment for a house, etc.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

PhazonLink posted:

I thought "wife changing money" was the wife , girlfriend, or SO leaves them for spending good money on an apecoin.

especially if it was money already earmarked for a wedding , decent down payment for a house, etc.

You're not delusional or misogynistic enough to understand them properly.

Obviously they're not going to lose money, and obviously women aren't going to have any agency to make decisions. Women are property to be replaced when the world finally starts reflecting their genius.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

"Wife changing money. Big titty goth chick who loves Gamestop." Could mean anything

Maybe the money will finally pay for the boob job his wife has been dreaming about and allow her to quit her job to spend more time browsing gamestop while wearing Hot Topic ❤️

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
MOASS mo problems

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Lmao those poor women

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Lmao those poor women

i dearly hope they :sever:, because these dudes would probably be happy to give her the house and the cash in exchange for the meme coins and delisted stocks

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I wonder what nonsensical schemes the same kind of people were getting into a thousand years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
A thousand? Pieces of the cross and relics.