Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Augus posted:

GoT is still extremely popular, people are eating up that prequel show

There's a sequel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I do want to build a cool space ship
Fallout 4 base building was pretty addictive and also infected the gaming industry for like a decade

although not being able to fly the space ship seems kinda lame

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
ff16 is garbage

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lostconfused posted:

People liked Fallout 4 OP.

Everything but the last 3 missions when you have to choose to make the game less fun was good.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Everything but the last 3 missions when you have to choose to make the game less fun was good.

I liked the first 10 hours exploring a bombed out to hell USA. Got really boring after that, and I quit the main story when the game asked me to murder the other two factions.

Far Harbor DLC was really good though, best part of the whole game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

I liked the first 10 hours exploring a bombed out to hell USA. Got really boring after that, and I quit the main story when the game asked me to murder the other two factions.

Far Harbor DLC was really good though, best part of the whole game.

The DLCs were all fun and I loved exploring the Commonwealth. It is a great map with lots of fun PoIs and dungeons to explore. The glowing sea and the marshy suburb were top notch.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

People excited for Starfield are dangerously susceptible to propaganda. Probably consider themselves free thinkers

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lostconfused posted:

People liked Fallout 4 OP.

there are also people who like eating poop but that doesn't mean that it tastes good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

People excited for Starfield are dangerously susceptible to propaganda. Probably consider themselves free thinkers

what vidfeo games havey ou been enjoying recently?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

i think they probably just like space games op

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

The DLCs were all fun and I loved exploring the Commonwealth. It is a great map with lots of fun PoIs and dungeons to explore. The glowing sea and the marshy suburb were top notch.

The Glowing Sea was a really cool gameplay moment yeah. I think they could have done more with it, but also it might have been just the right amount too. Definitely felt unique.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
also I think Nick Valentine as a character is good, it works, it fits

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frog Act posted:

I’ve been playing chivalry for awhile and have like 650 hours and it makes me wish the medieval multiplayer melee space wasn’t so empty, every patch introduces novel new bugs to the extent that I think torn banner deserves some recognition for innovation in dysfunction

Chivalry fuckin rules. I was on a siege tower and it glitched when it deployed so i was standing on the ladder part and got catapulted like 500 ft in the sky and then plummeted back to earth screaming. Amazing game, love the yelling

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok, I'll be honest.

My biggest gripe with Fallout 4 was that combat balance sucked. Normal difficulty was too easy, but at the same time on hard the enemies had too much health. Also melee combat was bad and broken, guns were the way to go.

This is mostly fixed if you get at least 1 of the 2 OP guns from the DLC, but A it's DLC and B you have to buy the DLC.

So my experience with it was slightly worse than it should have been.

Also I think a lot of this was fixed in Fallout 76, so hopefully they do better with Starfield.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i think they probably just like space games op

Usually those people want games where you're allowed to land the ship

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

i wouldn't know i play games about things that are interesting

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

it's not even a space game if you just walk around on planets

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

You are right. Why have the background loading of an area being some sort of landing cutscene when you can have the game load the new areas during your minute long hyperspace travel then freeze for 20 seconds as you enter a new planet's atmosphere like in NMS.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Xaris posted:

correct. every goon is gunna buy it regardless if it’s good or even works at all or not

don't lie about me to justify your poor financial decisions

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what vidfeo games havey ou been enjoying recently?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

- Norland
- Mechabellum
- Project Wingman
- Exanima
- Pentiment
- Battle Brothers
- Wasteland 3
- Heaven's Vault
- One Hour One Life
- Caves of Qud

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

there are also people who like eating poop but that doesn't mean that it tastes good

I mean I think it does ?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Ok, I'll be honest.

My biggest gripe with Fallout 4 was that combat balance sucked. Normal difficulty was too easy, but at the same time on hard the enemies had too much health. Also melee combat was bad and broken, guns were the way to go.

This is mostly fixed if you get at least 1 of the 2 OP guns from the DLC, but A it's DLC and B you have to buy the DLC.

So my experience with it was slightly worse than it should have been.

Also I think a lot of this was fixed in Fallout 76, so hopefully they do better with Starfield.

and someone needs to figure out a 3rd-person solution to stealth that doesn't demand playing the game at 50% speed and crotch level the entire time

e:
wrote 3rd meant 1st but you all get it
any non-isometric really

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 17:36 on Jun 26, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

You are right. Why have the background loading of an area being some sort of landing cutscene when you can have the game load the new areas during your minute long hyperspace travel then freeze for 20 seconds as you enter a new planet's atmosphere like in NMS.

atmospheric travel is pretty standard in space games now, sorry they put all their time into letting you gather a bunch of sandwiches

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

and someone needs to figure out a 3rd-person solution to stealth that doesn't demand playing the game at 50% speed and crotch level the entire time

Yeah.

Cyberpunk 2077 was probably halfway there when you just murdered everyone with computer magic from a distance.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Augus posted:

the Gita Jackson review spent multiple paragraphs complaining about a character arc that doesn’t actually exist anywhere in the game
Yeah, like half the time someone criticizes a plot they make it obvious they haven't actually understood it, to the point that it appears like they're just making things up. Which I guess they might be, but they do really seem like they actually believe they're telling the truth.

Not that this means the plot they're criticizing is actually good, just that they fail to point out why it's actually bad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

atmospheric travel is pretty standard in space games now, sorry they put all their time into letting you gather a bunch of sandwiches

drat look how much fun this space travel and landing is. Not a total waste of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpBEF7_o7Ok

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

Hell and heaven are going to fight it and out and humanity is going to get hosed by both.

This mostly plays out as skeletons everywhere.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

drat look how much fun this space travel and landing is. Not a total waste of time.

I never played Elite: Dangerous but this sort of thing is true to the original that I played on the C64 so yes it looks fun :colbert:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cup Runneth Over posted:

don't lie about me to justify your poor financial decisions

i need to play wasteland 3 again

got 1 shotted too many times by the combat system in my last playthrough

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

manual docking/landing was by far the most interesting part of Elite when I played it like a decade ago

i would kill for a space game where you play as a valet and just park different spaceships in increasingly difficult scenarios

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i need to play wasteland 3 again

got 1 shotted too many times by the combat system in my last playthrough

sounds like someone simply needs to git gud at game :troll:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006