Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

punished milkman posted:

i love my enormous gay fortnite child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the problem is it'll be too small. doing trade runs in freelancer was cool because the universe was loving huge and sick as hell. some p hostile places

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Schmoe Cwead posted:

thats just roblox which fortnite already basically is

thats just Battlebit tho

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
did anyone play the Lego minecraft game? i didn't but my ex's kids did. good to see lego learning from their mistake and throwing in with fortnite instead.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
battlebit has so many interiors just to teach that urban combat is a deathtrap

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
can you still play as rick sanchez voiced by justin roland in epic games fortnite? I love brands

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
There's also this space trucking sim called Flight of Nova which has a demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1w7qYmqUJE

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

turn off the TV posted:

you train defense by enabling block mode and getting beaten to death by starving bandits

I completely forgot block mode was a thing

time for pain

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

duomo posted:

There's also this space trucking sim called Flight of Nova which has a demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1w7qYmqUJE

I don't play video games to learn orbital physics so this and Kerbal Space Program can go gently caress themselves.

I wanna go to some cool planet I don't want to schedule the perfect time 3 months in advance to hit a launch window to go to that planet.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I hope you can join the skin bandits in kenshi 2

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I think they have the correct ideology for the wasteland

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

hope kenshi 2 has guns like bad muzzle loading ones

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
gun that shoots katanas

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Been playing pentiment and this game just keeps going huh?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Battlebit is starting to click with me and I’m tearing poo poo up with the BTR/SAW/RPG it’s a really good game for flanking braindead pubbies or littering maps with bombs that they will then mindlessly run into over and over. my sole real complaint is the lack of loadout customization outside of games / presets. there aren’t any presets so you can’t have a like vehicle one with a repair tool ready to go or anything like you should

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Communist Thoughts posted:

Been playing pentiment and this game just keeps going huh?

does it? I felt like the length was just perfect for the story it tried to tell. By the time I was starting to get tired of it, it ended.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

euphronius posted:

my 8 yo kid wants to play Fortnite so bad. it’s enormous

(the game is enormous , not my kid )

Let then and play with them.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

can you still play as rick sanchez voiced by justin roland in epic games fortnite? I love brands

you are correct that Fortnite has reclaimed the beloved character of Rick Sanchez from the degenerate Justin Roiland and delivered him to the people, just as it will do with all IP

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I'm just gonna come out and say it, you shouldn't keep your Main Quest Audio Logs unlabeled in with your other audio logs so you leave a player with no idea where to go next, System Shock Remake. That's one area they could've skipped out on staying faithful to the original game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Yes, but you have to have had them unlocked from the battlepass they were part of years ago.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes, but you have to have had them unlocked from the battlepass they were part of years ago.

the oppression of gamers continues unabated

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Halser posted:

does it? I felt like the length was just perfect for the story it tried to tell. By the time I was starting to get tired of it, it ended.

I think I'm homing in on the end now, but I've thought that a couple times.
I originally thought it was gonna be a mystery roguelike with limited time to uncover a mystery so I expected it to end early and be replayable
With the time mechanic getting dropped halfway it's felt more railroady since then whereas I liked the tension of the early half

I've liked it overall tho

The DE-lite mechanics are very perfunctory though

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Communist Thoughts posted:

I think I'm homing in on the end now, but I've thought that a couple times.
I originally thought it was gonna be a mystery roguelike with limited time to uncover a mystery so I expected it to end early and be replayable
With the time mechanic getting dropped halfway it's felt more railroady since then whereas I liked the tension of the early half

I've liked it overall tho

The DE-lite mechanics are very perfunctory though

it frames itself as a mystery but it's really an experiential roleplay sort of thing. I liked it a lot

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
the mystery is really just a way to get you to meet several different classes of people and see all the underlying conflicts in that society and how it evolves over time. I'm not a big murder mystery guy so that bit never bothered me.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

the problem is it'll be too small. doing trade runs in freelancer was cool because the universe was loving huge and sick as hell. some p hostile places

Continuing the traditions of today and getting my start running drugs to Space England, which is crime infested and ramshackle because the ship broke down on the way after leaving late

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

the trick freelancer had was that the ships were all slow af so anywhere without those superhighways that make you fly at 2000 speed even tiny places seem gigantic

e: if you suggest a no-fast-travel game in 2023 people will lynch you tho

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there’s just no other genre besides battlefieldlikes that yields the specific fun feeling of mowing down one or two entire squads that have all spawned/ressed atop one another in a big stupid pile

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
somebody mentioned the ui elements earlier but battlebit has some truly horrendous audio + audio/visual ques.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the leveloution will not be televised...

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Homeless Friend posted:

somebody mentioned the ui elements earlier but battlebit has some truly horrendous audio + audio/visual ques.

yeah so does war

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
horrendous as in you don't notice them, or horrendous as in too horrendous to not notice?

because if it's the 2nd it's doing its job lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
no its just not there. there a lot of little details missing but say repairgun sparks, gun noises are fuckin really weird imo, etc

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
well if nothing else it seems like it's really popular so hopefully they'll hire a designer or two to fix the most glaring poo poo up :v:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

another day unable to play battlebit on linux... wild.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

gun noises aren't weird at all

Lpzie posted:

another day unable to play battlebit on linux... wild.

have you tried launching the game afaik that should fix your issue

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hey you should check out that Home Safety Hotline demo on Steam. It's got a straightforward fake desktop browser interface and some pretty great short vocal performances from the callers you're "helping." Doesn't waste too much time getting to the good stuff, too.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2357910/Home_Safety_Hotline/

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

have you tried launching the game afaik that should fix your issue

not yet, no. might buy it later.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Grey Fox posted:

Hey you should check out that Home Safety Hotline demo on Steam. It's got a straightforward fake desktop browser interface and some pretty great short vocal performances from the callers you're "helping." Doesn't waste too much time getting to the good stuff, too.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2357910/Home_Safety_Hotline/

I watched someone play the demo of this and I might actually get it, it was really good

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah BB has some UI and sound problems. supposedly they’re gonna use some of this money to secure quality field recordings so maps have ambient sound and stuff. equally importantly they need to add a UI and night vision for night maps in vehicles as the BTR doesn’t even have headlights so you literally cannot see anything, even the black ammo counter and turret orientation display are the same black as the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you are correct that Fortnite has reclaimed the beloved character of Rick Sanchez from the degenerate Justin Roiland and delivered him to the people, just as it will do with all IP

it also reclaimed a bunch of money into the degenerate Justin Rolland’s wallet