Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Can't drop something like that then not claim which one it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The really long one from the most recent one/#818

Also wtf um hey nevermind mine references episode #97, but it's so similar I just glossed over the differences.

FFT posted:

As I'm continuing from the beginning, during the course of #97 (October 25, 2017) Dan brings up that the state of healthcare will lead to new diseases, and then also around 20 minutes in mentions "sheep-dipped" (in regards to Timothy McVeigh) lmao

stringless fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 18, 2023

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Holy poo poo I can’t believe it was spelled “Don De Grand Pre” this whole time. Spaces and everything.

loving wild.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I would do anything for love

Dan posted:

listen to 40 minutes of Tucker Carlson clips
I won't do that

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
https://twitter.com/021odeezy/status/1650528503601807360/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1650528503601807360&currentTweetUser=021odeezy

Someone posted this in one of the other threads and I enjoyed it.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Goddamnit I love dj danarchy's wild wild west and often listen to it while rollerblading at the park

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Mauser posted:

Goddamnit I love dj danarchy's wild wild west and often listen to it while rollerblading at the park

I feel like you should print this post out, frame it and then mail it to Dan because it will make his day.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1672272873614876672

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Owen Shroller

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Who had "Owen Shroyer is a Fed" on their bingo card?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Uh oh, that means that Owen Shroyer is The Government!! Just like Glen Beck!

(from those older episodes where Jones was jealous of Beck having a TV show :)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Ha! I just finished #258: April 12-13, 2009, and it comes up that Alex thinks Beck is trying to coopt the Tea Party

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Froghammer posted:

In the wider conversation what does 'is a fed' insinuate or imply? I've heard that said about Reynal (Sandy Hook Defendant lawyer), typically as a pejorative, but I couldn't understand to what degree.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Morter posted:

In the wider conversation what does 'is a fed' insinuate or imply? I've heard that said about Reynal (Sandy Hook Defendant lawyer), typically as a pejorative, but I couldn't understand to what degree.

If a chud does anything that the other chuds don't like or might bring down the heat on them, then they claim it's obviously a false flag by the feds. If Owen Shroyer was a true patriot he wouldn't cooperate for a lighter sentence, therefore he must be a secret CIA operative. Reynal couldn't just have been a very lovely lawyer, he must have intentionally thrown the case because he was working for the DoJ out to rig Alex's trial. The people doing Nazi salutes outside of drag book readings obviously can't be real far right freaks who believe the same transphobic poo poo all the chuds are pushing, obviously they're FBI glowies out to make us TRUE PATRIOTS look bad.

Basically, if someone actually does what half the bluechecks are screaming that people should do, then they claim it's a false flag to try to disassociate the actual violence, from their posts screaming about how people should do the violence. Then they can scream about how trans people are all groomers and should get the wood chipper, but if anything actually happens then it's the feds out to created "trans Floyd" so the FBI can arrest all the conservatives on fake charges.

The only bright side is it has made it basically impossible for true mass chud gatherings like Unite the Right to happen again, because any attempts instantly fail as everyone screams about how it's a false flag, which is why you mostly only see the actually organized small groups like the Proud Boys or Patriot Prayer who show up (and also get claimed to be false flags if they actually do anything, but at least they have their in-group to prop themselves up)

Piell fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 24, 2023

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jordan really giving Ronson the biz here and there. Great episode!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Yeah I thought this was definitely his best interview EP, but Ronson is the perfect KF guest too. Jordan's prep was super evident and made the conversation so much better than it could have been.

Definitely didn't see the Clerks connect coming.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

ILL Machina posted:

Yeah I thought this was definitely his best interview EP, but Ronson is the perfect KF guest too. Jordan's prep was super evident and made the conversation so much better than it could have been.

Definitely didn't see the Clerks connect coming.

As soon as Robson said that, the Clerks quote came into my head and I realized the timeline. McVeigh totally used that as his justification.

I think Robson was pleasantly surprised by the interview. I think it at first was irritating him but he was totally into Jordan’s research and ideas by the end. The “Rogan went insane” short conversation was awesome too.

Edit: I saw that the audiobook is on audible for free (for premium plus members) so I am currently listening to it (because I started listening to Guns, Germs and Steel and it was just not working for me).

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 25, 2023

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Shroyer is on the same level of "free speech" that Alex is, in that he doesn't really care about anything he says, so long as he is the one saying it. I very much doubt he would make a very good "fed" because he will simply say whatever will benefit him, regardless if anything thus said has any truth value. We've already seen him survive a deposition without revealing that it was very probably Rob Dew who got him to defame Heslin, so he'll probably do it again in a criminal context, too.

The plea deal does grant the authorities access to his communications history with J6-adjacent people. That might be plausibly more useful, but IW people do have proven problems honoring discovery requests, so Owen might also attempt the same there too.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Owen Shroyer has fallen.

Wait it was the other idiot who said that

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Morroque posted:

Shroyer is on the same level of "free speech" that Alex is, in that he doesn't really care about anything he says, so long as he is the one saying it. I very much doubt he would make a very good "fed" because he will simply say whatever will benefit him, regardless if anything thus said has any truth value. We've already seen him survive a deposition without revealing that it was very probably Rob Dew who got him to defame Heslin, so he'll probably do it again in a criminal context, too.

The plea deal does grant the authorities access to his communications history with J6-adjacent people. That might be plausibly more useful, but IW people do have proven problems honoring discovery requests, so Owen might also attempt the same there too.

Playing games with the deposition you're giving as art of your plea bargain seems like a great way to get your other three charges un-dropped.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
As much as I agree with that, the consequences don't exist until the moment they do. I question whatever value they could hope to gain out of him, as he would require them to already know whatever it is they're expecting him to say. This means that using Owen as a source of any new information for their investigations is an excerise in futility, as if you're in position to have to ask Owen about anything, then you likely don't need Owen for anything. It throws the entire point of this sweetheart plea deal into question, as Owen would just be too worthless to be worth the effort.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Or it’s letting a tiny fish go because he was dumb enough to save Roger Stone’s private telegram/discord/loving insta where he planned Jan 6.

Shroyer was at the Willard with him after all.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

:stare: god drat Alex, you just got a $1.5 billion penalty for encouraging your dipshit hog listeners to harass someone.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
He’s also spent two weeks with his family in Hawaii recently and a week at a Florida mega church/resort currently.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Oh speaking of which I did get my technocrat callout on I think last Monday's episode, but it was the weaker, shorter one I submitted as an alternative to a few dozen words. "____ in Hawaii"

stringless fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 27, 2023

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The level of cocaine Alex is achieving lately is impressive. Snort em while you got em I guess.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Put him back on hold put him back on hold put him back on hold

edit instead of double post: Whenever I listen to a 2004 episode I have to remind myself this man is 30 years old

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 1, 2023

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tree Dude posted:

Put him back on hold put him back on hold put him back on hold

edit instead of double post: Whenever I listen to a 2004 episode I have to remind myself this man is 30 years old

Being raised by moderately wealthy Birchers gave him early onset racist grandpa brain

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
My big takeaway from today's episode is that Tucker making fun of anyone's diction and intonation is loving rich

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shinji2015 posted:

My big takeaway from today's episode is that Tucker making fun of anyone's diction and intonation is loving rich

It's like he heard Nick Mullen's impression and decided to crank that up to 11

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I did not know Greg Proops did the voice of the pod race announcer in Star Wars.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

You know what weekend NPR show I miss? The Schickele Mix. That was fuckin' interesting.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I miss Live From Here every single week.

COVID was not kind to live music.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
How long has it been since this thread title was put in? Cause it’s taken that long for Alex to do the full head shave thing again.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I wonder about this every time I hear the concept come up in something, and this is just a convenient place to ask since the latest episode mentioned it, but how does an entire nation, especially one as large as the US, have a conversation/reckoning about anything? The best I can figure is a citizens assembly on it, with national broadcasts of similar content on major stations and maybe a referendum on something afterwards, but even then I imagine huge swathes of the population would never engage with it. Again, especially in countries as politically divided as the US.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

tsob posted:

I wonder about this every time I hear the concept come up in something, and this is just a convenient place to ask since the latest episode mentioned it, but how does an entire nation, especially one as large as the US, have a conversation/reckoning about anything? The best I can figure is a citizens assembly on it, with national broadcasts of similar content on major stations and maybe a referendum on something afterwards, but even then I imagine huge swathes of the population would never engage with it. Again, especially in countries as politically divided as the US.

It’s a mess tbh.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
When I was a kid, they’d do a “very special episode” of a popular sitcom dealing with a current social issue.

If it weren’t for Punky Brewster, America would never have come to grips with the pervasive and institutionalized hazard of abandoned refrigerators.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It’s a mess tbh.

I don't think it's a mess so much as I think it's a romanticized concept and essentially impossible dream. I don't think it's possible for a nation to do something like have a reckoning with anything; individuals can, and that can spread culturally over time, but it's not something that'll ever have a specific end point or marker of "...and now we've dealt with this" really, I imagine.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Vomming soon to Knowlage Fight. Tucker Carlson interviews Andrew Tate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

tsob posted:

I don't think it's a mess so much as I think it's a romanticized concept and essentially impossible dream. I don't think it's possible for a nation to do something like have a reckoning with anything; individuals can, and that can spread culturally over time, but it's not something that'll ever have a specific end point or marker of "...and now we've dealt with this" really, I imagine.

Can't you point to Germany and South America in their reckoning with the Holocaust and apartheid in terms of how the state can try to influence the individuals? They had truth and reconciliation committees, required factual education, that sort of thing. We're actively doing the opposite atm.