Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Lol the Mbappe SBC is apparently 4m+ coins anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Adun posted:

Lol the Mbappe SBC is apparently 4m+ coins anyways

Near 5m. I was ready to full send if it was close to 3m but absolutely not now. I instead treated myself to an 89+ prime pack and got dupe Hugo Sanchez (yay!)

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Near 5m. I was ready to full send if it was close to 3m but absolutely not now. I instead treated myself to an 89+ prime pack and got dupe Hugo Sanchez (yay!)

Haha same here treated myself to a spin of the roulette wheel and packed prime Drogba.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
with fut birthday being a pretty weak rear end promo so far at least I pulled the trigger on a big sbc and am now completely flat rear end broke*.

everyone untradeable:

* i still have a fuckton of 80-84 golds and like 200k worth of informs

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
How is Ederson? I’ve got him but haven’t switched him in yet for chem reasons but I’m tempted.

Here’s the team now, was so pumped to get Prime Henry in this icon SBC since he’s probably my favorite player of all time. He’s so good, the lankiness seems to really mess with defenders.

Welp just packed gold Mbappe from the 80+ player pick so this will change

Will replace Xabi Alonso with the leaked Kante SBC once it’s out I think which should get to full chem

Adun fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 28, 2023

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ederson is good, I replaced gold Courtois with him and the extra pace coming off the line and passing ability is really useful now we're getting into the sweaty part of the game cycle

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Did the Kante SBC and goddamn that guy is great. Wiped out all of my fodder but I managed to play two games with him tonight and he totally dominated the midfield.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I did a bunch of SBCs and objectives and got handed tons of fodder and Prime Baggio. I played 7 games with him and just don't really like him. He was competing for the sole CAM spot on my squad and sadly the 90 rated Grealish card beats him out for me. He's been relegated to super-sub status alongside Bale and Di Maria.

Current squad starts at 4-2-3-1 for full chems then switches to 4-1-2-1-2 (2) in-game,

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tribute to my favorite striker this year, base Haaland. His card reminds me of some of the insane Modeste cards from some FIFAs ago.
I bought him for 27k and racked up 299 goals in 299 games, all online div rivals.
During my SBC/obj roundup, I packed Haaland. Being the cheapass I am, I decided to sell the card and replace it with the packed one. RIP bro,

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
One of the pro clubs fellas spotted something unusual during the post game loading screen.....

This game is such an incredible pile of poo poo but man is it fun to abuse the gimmicks

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Anyone have any clue if the FUT market is going to continue to crash? I'm going to be away for 3 weeks soon and contemplating selling everything but not sure if I'll screw myself for the endgame

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Elliptical Dick posted:

Anyone have any clue if the FUT market is going to continue to crash? I'm going to be away for 3 weeks soon and contemplating selling everything but not sure if I'll screw myself for the endgame

Nowhere to go but down. Gold Mbappe feels like the signpost for prices and he’s been a one way train lower.

With this year winding down I’m pretty curious what they’re gonna do with EA FC next year. I’m sure they’ll just do the same poo poo because it’s working but it’d be interesting if they tried to do something new.

Adun fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 21, 2023

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
just as a heads up that new tammy abraham sbc is insane value already and if they win he'll get 5star/5star. if you also did diaby no matter which way the semi goes you'll have an absolutely insane player. both will also probably get a tots but whoever gets the upgrade will have a better card than the tots will be (unless EA goes crazy giving weakfoot/skill move upgrades for tots)

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i converted from playing manager mode to fut recently and finally scored a goal cool enough i felt compelled to post it on the internet

from down 3-2 and with 10 men, to this winner from henry to bergkamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAasZdkpsak

i was kind of surprised they didn't rage quit

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

used all my fodder on the 90+ Icon Player Pick and got Seedorf/Kluivert/Cech ughh. I went with Cech (doesn’t even have the helmet)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Paperback Writer posted:

used all my fodder on the 90+ Icon Player Pick and got Seedorf/Kluivert/Cech ughh. I went with Cech (doesn’t even have the helmet)

yeah they're a crapshoot. they definitely need to remove the prime icons from the selection at least.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
my best pull of the year

ultimate tots is a good time

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Lovely picks! I’ve had a horrid time, currently 4-9, will be disappointed by capped picks but sometimes it just ain’t your week.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
So I got 97 Leao in my first pick. Then I got the choice between TOTS Hernandez and TOTS de Bruyne. I love KdB but Leao on full chem in my team was too tempting so I grabbed Theo.

Team looks like this now.

Last thing I need for now is TOTS Barella.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elliptical Dick posted:

So I got 97 Leao in my first pick. Then I got the choice between TOTS Hernandez and TOTS de Bruyne. I love KdB but Leao on full chem in my team was too tempting so I grabbed Theo.

Team looks like this now.

Last thing I need for now is TOTS Barella.

very nice

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

My current squad after finishing the Alba SBC,

I start in 4-1-3-2 formation to have full chem then change to 4-1-2-1-2(2) in game. I loving love these late game SBCs. Saliba is the only player I've bought, all the rest are untradeable from either packs (Kane/Beckham) or Objectives/SBCs. And Bale/Mullin completely dominate for late game subs. I had Lukaku but Mullin has been outperforming him so Lukaku went towards Alba. Milner/Ozil/Desailly have also been fantastic as late game subs.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Similarly glad for SBCs recently. Changed 7 of my starters after a disappointing 8-12 last weekend.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
shapeshifters is very funny so far:

Cech DOES get the helmet in game too and he's dirt cheap.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 25, 2023

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Also everyone should do the Milinkovic-Savic sbc, he's also cheap and is probably the all around best cm/cdm in the game and will likely remain so no matter what kind of overpowered ultra late in the year sbcs get added. He's just so incredible massive.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I’ve went from having behind the curve CMs to having SS Zambrotta, M-Savic, Busquets, Rodri and TOTS KDB within a week. Good problem to have.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I had a fifa itch and bought a EA Play subscription. Game is quite fun, the hypermotion stuff looks cool. I've seen animations that I've never seen before and sometimes players just clatter into each other and it looks funny.

Played some FUT draft to get a feel of the good cards in game, and lmao, TOTS Mbappe is a cheat code. Fast, strong, agile, great finishing... I feel like he's better than prime R9 I had 2 Fifas ago.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
still not entirely sure if this is intentional, but i did a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKMPo8dN8jE

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Who else is vowing to skip 'EA Sports FC 24' but will inevitably pick it up in a moment of weakness?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I'll keep playing that garbage

Tbh if they added pro clubs cross play I'm looking forward to at least making parmos united and having a bunch of people

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 7, 2023

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Elliptical Dick posted:

Who else is vowing to skip 'EA Sports FC 24' but will inevitably pick it up in a moment of weakness?
Yep it's inevitable. Will probably get it when it's on a winter sale.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Elliptical Dick posted:

I bought the EA Play subscription thing and I hope I get to play EA FC for free???

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

I bought the EA Play subscription thing and I hope I get to play EA FC for free???

only if you have the premium sub on pc thats 15$ a month

and yeah obviously i am goign to get it, considering i am deeply sick and still playing weekend league in august.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I got FB Best from an 80+ pick earlier. Doesn’t make the team but it was fun enough to make me 60/40 on the side of preordering.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

well goddamn lol

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hopterque posted:

well goddamn lol

Noice

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
At least that’s what, 3 weekend leagues with him?
I got Jesus from an 86+ pick the other day and he’s absolutely disgustingly good.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

hopterque posted:

well goddamn lol

drat nice.

I've been doing the bronze SBC into the silver SBC into some other SBC into the 80+ player pick SBC. Got a ton of good players that way. Nice way to kill the time at work.
Sometimes it lets me choose between 4 81-82 players, but most of the time there's a 87-89 in there, even got some 90+ ones. Not bad at all imo

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

drat nice.

I've been doing the bronze SBC into the silver SBC into some other SBC into the 80+ player pick SBC. Got a ton of good players that way. Nice way to kill the time at work.
Sometimes it lets me choose between 4 81-82 players, but most of the time there's a 87-89 in there, even got some 90+ ones. Not bad at all imo

yeah the 80+ pick is insanely good this time of year

e: also this won't surprise anyone but 99 messi is absolutely completely outrageously good.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
If you want to do the Zidane SBC, you better hurry up
The 84+ x 10 SBC ends in about 10 hours and I'm not sure they're gonna add it again. That SBC is infinitely repeatable and gives you a ton of high rated cards. Do that SBC, use some of those cards do do another 84+ x 10, save some fodder for Zidane. Rinse and repeat.
And maybe you even get a 99 rated Messi, who knows??

EDIT: I was wrong, they re-released the SBC!

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Went a bit wild with the repeatable on the web app using pale tools during work and ended up with this to see out the last couple weeks…

https://imgur.com/a/XYOC89c

Edit - for some reason embedded images aren’t showing so included a link!

Subliminal Ninja fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 21, 2023