Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

St. Kitts and Nevis being in the Gold Cup is crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Pook Good Mook posted:

I 100% didn't realize that they were still letting Qatar into this. Kick their fraudulent asses out.

:hmmyes:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37906521/usmnt-dest-mckennie-mexico-montes-arteaga-suspended-nations-league-red-cards

On the one hand, it's bullshit that Dest and McKinnie were given additional suspensions, but on the other :laffo: that they can serve them in a competition they were never going to play and :laffo::laffo: that the Mexicans who were also punished will actually be affected.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

whypick1 posted:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37906521/usmnt-dest-mckennie-mexico-montes-arteaga-suspended-nations-league-red-cards

On the one hand, it's bullshit that Dest and McKinnie were given additional suspensions, but on the other :laffo: that they can serve them in a competition they were never going to play and :laffo::laffo: that the Mexicans who were also punished will actually be affected.

I really like B.J. Callaghan's vibe and I think the players like playing for him.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lol usa

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
100% win record in jeopardy

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I can’t believe Jordan Morris is still starting for the US in TYOOL 2023 even in an obvious B-team situation

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I can’t believe Jordan Morris is still starting for the US in TYOOL 2023 even in an obvious B-team situation

Not sure why you're bitching about this Morris when the other Morris just did that dumbass thing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY poo poo

e: lmao what a poo poo penalty

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thank you Turner!

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Loving this all under 5’7” team for the US

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This ref needs to get control of this

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Aidan Morris might speedrun Stu Holden's entire career in this game since the ref isn't whistling poo poo right now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

How was he not offside?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao

lol

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

He's been pretty decent today, although I think he should have scored on that chance he had. He's not 90 minutes fit though, and probably should have been subbed at half

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
many people are criticizing BJ Houlihan’s lineup here as a Gregg Team, but personally I think it’d be cool as hell if Aidan Morris did an assist for his father, Jordan Morris

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ugh this is just sloppy play

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I don't what the US is waiting for. The need to sub in Lloyd or Rapinoe.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
lol Roldan thought he was him

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

WE'RE NOT LOSING!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
America's dignity is restored

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Gregg would have never allowed this, bj out

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

US loses 1-1

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

After all, he’s just using Gregg’s system

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
How have Jamaica got their EPL players on board when US and Canada are giving their euroboys a rest? Would be cool if they won it.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Al2001 posted:

How have Jamaica got their EPL players on board when US and Canada are giving their euroboys a rest? Would be cool if they won it.

Jamaica didnt have nations league semis and finals earlier this month probably is a factor

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://www.tsn.ca/1.1977583

Canada Soccer is practically bankrupt and may not even participate in the friendly windows for the rest of the year

Reminder we host a world cup, and went to the world cup with all that sweet cash

Where the gently caress did all the money go

:suicide101:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Just horrific mismanagement all around, Jesus

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

quote:

According to that contract, which will be in place through 2037 if CSB decides to extend an initial 10-year deal, CSB pays Canada Soccer an annual fee of between $3-$4 million.

Oh they're turbo-hosed.

Countdown to the article about CS asking the women's team to pawn their gold medals to raise cash in 3...2...1...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Still love the idea of giving up all media and sponsorship revenue for 4 million a year.
There's 0 incentive for the team to find sponsors now, and I'm sure there are companies banging at the door to sponsor the teams with the WWC this year and 2026 at home

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Pook Good Mook posted:

I 100% didn't realize that they were still letting Qatar into this. Kick their fraudulent asses out.

Let’s do a big lol that Qatar gave up a lead and lost 2-1 on a 97th minute goal to Haiti

https://www.concacaf.com/gold-cup/video/2023-gold-cup-haiti-v-qatar/

stab
Feb 12, 2003

As broke as Canada is at least we aren't El Salvador who just got smoked by Martinique

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

stab posted:

As broke as Canada is at least we aren't El Salvador who just got smoked by Martinique

So much has changed in a decade

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Al2001 posted:

What's the deal with this, do teams get to name more players to their squads after the group stage, or does nobody care about winning the Gold Cup?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

whypick1 posted:

Oh they're turbo-hosed.

Countdown to the article about CS asking the women's team to pawn their gold medals to raise cash in 3...2...1...

This passes beyond stupid and into criminal

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Larry Cum Free posted:

What's the deal with this, do teams get to name more players to their squads after the group stage, or does nobody care about winning the Gold Cup?

Most of the US players just came off of a full season plus a World Cup, they need a summer break, not to play in a bunch of glorified friendlies with Qatar and CONCACAF make-weights.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I just find it odd that they would prioritize CONCACAF Nations League. I'm particularly thinking of Canada who should be trying to get the core of their team experience playing in finals.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
https://twitter.com/MenInBlazers/status/1673767081462865937?t=a96QhZcUNMLP6lppoEaC_A&s=19
Definitely words a person who Knows a Lot About Serie A and Sassuolo would need to say. Also gold star for doing your job, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he just said "I don't loving know, ask their agents"