Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait that's average?

This is very concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Doom Mathematic posted:

I don't feel as if the Oppenheimer marketing team has access to a nuclear weapon.

Perhaps the person playing the bomb is a fantastic method actor

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://twitter.com/low_dosage/status/1673485369340497920

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Okay that's pretty brilliant if you wanna gently caress someone in a public bathroom.

https://twitter.com/gossipbabies/status/1672025171916472322?s=20

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Ah yes, the classic two one kids lesbians in a trenchcoat shopping bag trick

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Gloomaeve/status/1673235826791141377?s=20

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Blue Footed Booby posted:

One of the replies says this is as much energy as the impact (minus any high explosive charge) of one of these:

I dunno, I think the dino spew would hit harder. That's an inert training round.

E: then again, maybe it's the kind of training round that does still go bang, but just doesn't explode when it hits

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 09:24 on Jun 27, 2023

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/ch1w33th3d0g/status/1673512416506966016?t=zGqx97VE2xqYUGDreN_DNA&s=19

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Hyperlynx posted:

I dunno, I think the dino spew would hit harder. That's an inert training round.

E: then again, maybe it's the kind of training round that does still go bang, but just doesn't explode when it hits

Inert, in this case, means no explosive payload in the bullet. Its not going any slower than a non-training bullet, it just doesnt explode on impact.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Wouldn't ert a fly.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

My Spirit Otter posted:

Inert, in this case, means no explosive payload in the bullet. Its not going any slower than a non-training bullet, it just doesnt explode on impact.

That could actually be a dummy round. It appears to be in someone's house, and 20mm ammo is regulated as destructive devices. But the actual training rounds look pretty much the same.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 12:59 on Jun 27, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I am everybody’s grandma and listen to me when I say there are three lessons in life
1. forget all the bigoted poo poo that imposter grandma told you
2. Learn about brooms
3. Get two good brooms

I recommend a whisk broom (handheld) and an old-fashioned/Amish broom (what y’all been discussing), both with corn bristles.

A besom broom is a witch-rear end broom, rounded and using twigs. (This is also a ‘twig broom’; grandma wasn’t wrong just talking about something else that is better for gravel and specifically larger objects and missing the fine particles, like for sweeping rocks from a dirt entryway).

But also broom terminology is thrown about very haphazardly. Sometimes the tall ones are called whisk with or without the standing handle to anchor with. Sometimes they call those polypropylene motherfuckers whisk brooms. Sometimes they call corn old-fashioned brooms corn besom brooms.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That could actually be a dummy round. It appears to be in someone's house, and 20mm ammo is regulated as destructive devices. But the actual training rounds look pretty much the same.

Honestly, i thought it was a 25mm bushmaster round, but it looks a little small.

Blue is nato standard for training rounds, meaning inert projectile, live round.

The non-firing training rounds youre talkimg abkut have to be plastic and all one colour so that they dont get mixed in with live ammo.

As for the round being in someone's house, i may or may not have seen mortar rounds at someones house in Canada, so just because you shouldnt have them doesnt mean you dont.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The ammunition is presumably exerting its force on a far smaller area than the dinovom, and with a more varied set of shapes and textures, so I think there's further modelling to do before we draw any conclusions about how unpleasant it would be to stand underneath.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

someone calculate the force needed to push vomit up the neck and compare it to estimates of the dinosaur's muscles.

basically what I'm saying is, they probably lowered their head to throw up.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Breaking the rules and posting this Mastodon thread about the Twitter Dungeon in Colorado:
https://mastodon.social/@rodhilton/110561579833908574

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

someone calculate the force needed to push vomit up the neck and compare it to estimates of the dinosaur's muscles.

basically what I'm saying is, they probably lowered their head to throw up.

they probably tried to vom with dignity like most of us when they could, but i bet if you got a brontosaurus really hosed up at the top of a hill or something you could get him to monty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKMDvCf1IUE

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's the terminal velocity of puke

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
How do giraffes handle it?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Clerical Terrors posted:

Breaking the rules and posting this Mastodon thread about the Twitter Dungeon in Colorado:
https://mastodon.social/@rodhilton/110561579833908574

Lol really buried the lede on this. I would love to work in that big empty office.

Also for others reading this, the thread doesn't end when mastadon says it does, you have to click the bottom one to continue.

https://twitter.com/JayCheel/status/1673375929572245519

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Edit: nvm

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Is the remake worth watching?

A page late, but it is 100% worth it. Gorgeous soundtrack, some of Clooney's best acting, and cuts to the heart of the original in a fraction of the time. I love the Soderberg Solaris.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SneakySquid99/status/1673372294662570001?s=20

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

In my day we had Harlem shakes, and we liked it!

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

The kids really are alright :’)

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
This a fun trend because it doesn’t take much effort to make an entry and every one contributes the mythology and narrative. It’s sorta like the early slenderman photoshops.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
my favorite is the one where his opener is cut off straight into his body floating peacefully away, face down in the river

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Is Grimace posting all that different from *BRAND* posting?

Some of the TikToks have been entertaining, but I’m sure the marketing execs at McDonald’s are super happy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Maybe, marketing people get mad about stuff if it isn't exactly on brand

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

my favorite is the one where his opener is cut off straight into his body floating peacefully away, face down in the river
yeah that's the only good one that's been posted

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It's insane free marketing and giving them a sales boost, they don't give a gently caress. It's like that skateboarding cranberry juice dude a few years ago with Fleetwood Mac. Ocean Spray bought that dude a truck.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah but that guy wasn't doing videos about how Oceanspray makes you die in Carcosa

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Not always; apparently Dominos lost their poo poo when one of their ads happened to line up with a wrestler slicing someone open with a pizza cutter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZa6Uc3vFno

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's kids having fun, and if it gives McDonalds a boost in sales it's probably mostly using money that would have been spent on either other fast food, or junk food from a 7/11 or whatever.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/revhowardarson/status/1673720565461549056?s=20

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Maybe, marketing people get mad about stuff if it isn't exactly on brand

It’s not exactly tough for corporate marketers to spin “this new product has been good for attention and sales” as a positive thing for them, whether on brand or not.

Are there even examples of companies that made more money in a way that wasn’t “on brand” and cared?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Halisnacks posted:

Are there even examples of companies that made more money in a way that wasn’t “on brand” and cared?

Papa John's was briefly the unofficial pizza of the alt-right and they didn't care for that.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I mean Papa John loved it but the company didn't

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
So they earned more money but their brand became chuddy? Good on them if they thought the extra profitability wasn’t worth it, capitalism disincentivises those types of thoughts.

I thought the stereotype of brand marketers being word about brand safety and things being “on brand” was because then they weren’t, it tended to cost me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

smdh at all these kids making fun videos with milkshakes instead of reading/discussing theory