Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
ultrahand a really long straw and drink all the goo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Gambrinus posted:

I've managed to avoid Gloom so far by running round it in the depths, and running away from it when it appears on the surface.

However I'm now in a fight with a load of gloomy lads in the castle and there's gloom all over the floor. How do you counteract this?

You're in the castle? It's not a super big deal, it only permanently negatively affects you in the depths. Because you're in the overworld, the heart loss will only be temporary, and will go away after a few seconds.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Use a leaf stone and it evolves into vileplume

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lol why this lady busting into not her house?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Khanstant posted:

Zelda hired help to clean the tiny house that link paid for and is now hers.

Thank goodness Zelda seems to be the last of the royalty because the monarchy sucks even in Hyrule.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sonatinas posted:

Thank goodness Zelda seems to be the last of the royalty because the monarchy sucks even in Hyrule.

Actually what even happens to Hyrule now leadership wise? Tarrey Town's rise to power?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Why isn't Princess Zelda Queen Zelda? her dad died

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Princess is actually her first name

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I've never even thought of this

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Link has normalised running into a stranger’s house and breaking all their poo poo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sonatinas posted:

They moved in together, she would be far from the first girlfriend to take all the decorative swords off the wall.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

She sealed herself at basically the same time as her dad's death, now 100 years later there's no one with the authority to declare her queen.

A royal knight might but knights don't believe in queens that throw away swords.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Electric Phantasm posted:

Actually what even happens to Hyrule now leadership wise? Tarrey Town's rise to power?

How's the President reigning?!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

They apparently didn't have a coronation ceremony during reconstruction. The advancement of power is very complicated

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The real reason is that there were multiple candidates with equally valid claims to succession

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's the same reason why Princess Celestia isn't Queen Celestia.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I wouldn't have to smash all of the pottery in your house if you didn't keep hiding apples in them.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

They apparently didn't have a coronation ceremony during reconstruction. The advancement of power is very complicated

She was too busy performing unsanctioned and dangerous archeology to set up doing her coronation

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Quote does not equal edit

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's amusing to me that Purah is de facto Hyrule's leader.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

CainFortea posted:

She was too busy performing unsanctioned and dangerous archeology to set up doing her coronation

Everyone knows that if poison gas is seeping out of a cave, the best thing to do is to go down there with absolutely no precautions taken. Because there might be cool stuff.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
She brought Link

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

HPanda posted:

Everyone knows that if poison gas is seeping out of a cave, the best thing to do is to go down there with absolutely no precautions taken. Because there might be cool stuff.

Just have Link stab the radon with the Master Sword, duh.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
His sword seals darkness, and if it’s dark, then the poisonous gas should also dark and could be sealed; ergo, the master sword can be used as a breathing device. Their downfall is that this poison gas glows, making the master sword useless. If only the poison gas didn’t glow, the sword would have worked fine against it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kassad posted:

It's amusing to me that Purah is de facto Hyrule's leader.

Check it!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/KazuCrash_/status/1673441506236026880

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Bring Patricia to seal the darkness

bayaya

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

Link has normalised running into a stranger’s house and breaking all their poo poo

honestly BotW/TotK Link is actually pretty chill on that front. I barely remember doing any breaking and entering that wasn't a yiga joint.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Khanstant posted:

honestly BotW/TotK Link is actually pretty chill on that front. I barely remember doing any breaking and entering that wasn't a yiga joint.

People actually yell at you to stop stealing their stuff if you try in this game

I don’t remember if they did in BOTW

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/AlenSeress/status/1667825747132653568

this might be old but lmao

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Lol I'm at Destroy Ganondorf and if there is a way to dispell the thundercloud I neither know it or actually need to know, I already got everything worth having from it

Video jame's

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lol I'm at Destroy Ganondorf and if there is a way to dispell the thundercloud I neither know it or actually need to know, I already got everything worth having from it

Video jame's

Did you get both of the shrines?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Yeap, and the sage orb

if there are any koroks they can get wet

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Video jame's

I had fun in floating lightning land while wearing the lightning-proof hat. Just running around with all my metal stuff out, occasionally exploding everything nearby like a drunk Thor.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

You're in the castle? It's not a super big deal, it only permanently negatively affects you in the depths. Because you're in the overworld, the heart loss will only be temporary, and will go away after a few seconds.

I think they might mean the Phantom Ganon fight in the Sanctum, where your Gloomed hearts don’t regen. IIRC I just kept running up to the upper floors and eventually the ones chasing me would regroup in the center and undo all the Gloom in the process

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Video jame's

Two shrines, sage’s will and a lead into another quest

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

First time seeing this lol

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I can’t breathe :lol:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Steve Yun posted:

Two shrines, sage’s will and a lead into another quest

If you mean Minnie then yeah I already did that trying to figure out how to get rid of the drat cloud in the first place lmao

Actually thinking about it I still don't know what those lightning rod thingies do. Particularly the rotating one. I think I might have used another one to open the way to a treasure chest. Kind of hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

If you mean Minnie then yeah I already did that trying to figure out how to get rid of the drat cloud in the first place lmao

Actually thinking about it I still don't know what those lightning rod thingies do. Particularly the rotating one. I think I might have used another one to open the way to a treasure chest. Kind of hard to tell.

They’re power for the launchers that get you to the next little islands in the chain