Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Is it confirmed that the mode is actually in the game? Dormant / unfinished code is left in shipped games all the time, it’s usually how we find out what got cut during development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is it confirmed that the mode is actually in the game? Dormant / unfinished code is left in shipped games all the time, it’s usually how we find out what got cut during development

Pretty sure that interview video posted a few days ago said something about Stadium Stampede coming in an update, but not explaining what it is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Basic Chunnel posted:

The person who tweeted it said there's a decent amount of the install size taken up by assets for this mode apparently. Could still be something they forgot to get rid of I suppose or this person could also be full of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/LynchReborn/status/1673421684349497352?s=20

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they dummied it out of the game so they could release it as some chintzy f2p thing instead

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That sounds incredible

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Super No Vacancy posted:

they dummied it out of the game so they could release it as some chintzy f2p thing instead

:jerkbag:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dont emoji me bitch

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GOTY

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont emoji me bitch

:jerkbag:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont emoji me bitch

:rolleye:

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
drat i just want to play the game

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Malakai is so fun to play, for me, a strike spammin rear end in a top hat

E: I promise I will stop whining about CAW eventually but you can't actually materially alter existing wrestlers at all in terms of appearance. All you can do is put a t-shirt on them and change the colour of that shirt. I really hope there's a day one patch that fixes some of this, or that those features are locked down from my review copy.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 27, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/HaangEmHiigh/status/1673493185379663872

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
if the live service mode fuels an update forever engine, that is quite fine

I am happy to have limited CAW options now in exchange for getting more shoveled into my gaping maw every month for eternity, more hats, always more hats, my hatlust cannot be sated

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

flashy_mcflash posted:

Malakai is so fun to play, for me, a strike spammin rear end in a top hat

E: I promise I will stop whining about CAW eventually but you can't actually materially alter existing wrestlers at all in terms of appearance. All you can do is put a t-shirt on them and change the colour of that shirt. I really hope there's a day one patch that fixes some of this, or that those features are locked down from my review copy.

They do have different gears though, right? Thought I saw someone changing Kenny's gear on Twitter.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I am happy to have limited CAW options now in exchange for getting more shoveled into my gaping maw every month for eternity, more hats, always more hats, my hatlust cannot be sated

game of the year every year if it gives us maki itoh wearing buff bagwell's top hat

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Long-Time Lurker posted:

They do have different gears though, right? Thought I saw someone changing Kenny's gear on Twitter.

They do but you have to unlock them which I haven't.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Is there an option for custom story modes because I'm just saying, chocolate drop 2k23 should be possible

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

That's uh not a great likeness. Weird Riho face.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
anyone know if this is releasing the same time globally, or will the Xbox New Zealand trick work?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Time for belt collector abbadon

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/LynchReborn/status/1673540514975555586

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Seems like Stadium Stampede is going to be Fortnite with wrestlers, which... I don't hate, tbh

Powerbombing someone out of a shrinking circle to eliminate them sounds fun as hell

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Bonk posted:

Seems like Stadium Stampede is going to be Fortnite with wrestlers, which... I don't hate, tbh

Powerbombing someone out of a shrinking circle to eliminate them sounds fun as hell

If anything it sounds kinda similar to the wrestling-themed battle royal game Rumbleverse which came out last fall and shut down about 6 months later. It was pretty fun but I guess didn't make enough money to stay alive.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

rumbleverse was cool until you got hit by someone 10 feet away which happened every 10-20 seconds. i uninstalled and thought "i'll play more when they fix that" and then like 3 months later it was dead. so i guess they couldn't

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Oh, so that's why Tony invested in Epic a few years ago - to gain their BR expertise.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Okay, so that's going to be the game mode that's going to break the Switch version then.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i saw a headline saying stadium stampede was fight forever's battle royale mode and thought that was very weird when they could just have that and battle royals as well. but now i see that there was an e on the end of that word. i don't care about that but i hope it will have battle royals

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

one thing is for sure, they have done a poo poo job promoting this game compared to what a random guy on twitter has done

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bonk posted:

Im going to gorilla press you down a flight of bleachers

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The devs decided if you couldn't make Luigi Primo as a CAW with him constantly spinning the pizza dough and using pizza dough based offense, why even bother fleshing this thing out?

Edit: I said this as a joke, and now I want it

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm gonna be so angry tomorrow when I can't play the game because Steam isn't doing preorders for some goddamn reason.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Apparently it's a steam restriction, something like it being their first game on Steam means they can't do pre-orders? Or something? It is a bummer but at least it sounds like nL should be doing a stream tomorrow when it does go live for consoles.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

They should just change the release date on Steam to tomorrow then. Let me fight (forever!)

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Found Jake Hager’s acct

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

haunted bong posted:

Found Jake Hager’s acct

How dare you, you think Jake Hager would cheat on his hat? He likes THIS hat. Not all hats.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

one thing is for sure, they have done a poo poo job promoting this game compared to what a random guy on twitter has done

You aren't kidding. When I had it downloading last week and it was partway through, it let me go into the game and play a very stripped down version where the only thing that was unlocked was a 1 on 1 match with only Kenny and Shida unlocked. If THQ had released that as a demo months ago so people could see how this thing plays I honestly feel there would be rabid interest in this game.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I think it's piqued the interest of some style of nerd anyway. A few people I talk to who are general wrestling fans, who play the WWE game, but don't have much time to actually watch wrestling have said they're really interested. There's been discussion about the limited storyline stuff, but as soon as that comes up others, in the same demographic, immediately talk about them focusing on the gameplay, and how it looks great. A few of the people who became interested in the game also watched AEW on TV for the first time in ages, and were really impressed (and I'm sure the hype around Forb tied into that.)

Another group of people I hear talking about it, who aren't massive wrestling fans, are the type of people who have fond memories of wrestling games on the likes of the N64, and feel this might scratch the itch.

It's a strange audience that's interested outside of AEW fans, but I think there's some buzz from a diverse range of people. And a lot of them are talking about pre-ordering it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Really hope the steam version has remote play together. The latency would probably suck but I'm not expecting any of my friends to shell out $60 for this so it'd be nice to have a way to try multiplayer without them needing to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

So what is the state of the CAW career mode, any idea?

That's all I'm interested in really