Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yep, Musk is giving people suspensions for blocking now lol

What the gently caress? Why?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Potato Salad posted:

What the gently caress? Why?

He "thinks" blocking hampers free speech (also is allegedly computationally expensive for the servers).

Mushroomfarmer
Jul 14, 2007

lol I was wondering what happened. Flagged for "spam" but the only thing I do is mock and block blue ticks. I figured I would get banned for harassment at some point but this is somehow even dumber.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I figured he was suspending people because he wants to force Twitter users to see ads, which equal revenue.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i doubt it matters what content you block, elon probably told a team to do something about block lists by the end of the day or you're fired, and the best they could do was detect when people are blocking accounts above some arbitrary rate and temporarily halt it

the fact that it says spam is probably just because they copy/pasted from an existing spam detection algorithm and didn't bother changing the text

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I don't ever block any ads, I do at most one retweet a week, but I do block bots and accounts that only post hate speech, so yeah that earned me a 3 day probation for spam.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
3 days until i can post on the racism website again, this is bullshit

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ben shapino posted:

3 days until i can post on the racism website again, this is bullshit

!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lmao that you get banned from a site for just trying to make the experience slightly more bearable.

That’ll get the normies flocking back yessir

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol why not just make it so users can't block the ads?

oh yeah, because he fired everyone

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1673726440284495872

Time to apply the bullshit metrics to anyone who hurts hurts fee-fees.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Mess with the algorithm (by blocking people) and the algorithm messes back (by making GBS threads itself)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sono posted:

Don't worry. The perfect sitcom mom for Elon is available:

https://twitter.com/BluegrassRabbi/status/1670277144851763200

The gently caress? Wasn't she born Jewish? And to a family which took in Holocaust victims?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The gently caress? Wasn't she born Jewish? And to a family which took in Holocaust victims?

she is actually mocking people who say things like that but yeah

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Someone in another thread (or maybe this one???) poked around this a bit and not to defend roseanne, but it's basically out of context.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's a relief. I knew she had fallen hard in recently years, but that would have been a steep loving cliff.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That's a relief. I knew she had fallen hard in recently years, but that would have been a steep loving cliff.

Roseanne is a legit crazy person now.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1632920419253583872?lang=en

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

My Clay Davis bobblehead has more cutting insights than these two chucklefucks and all it says is "Sheee-iiiiit"

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

kazil posted:

lol why not just make it so users can't block the ads?

oh yeah, because he fired everyone

Leon has already said he wants to remove blocking entirely lol

He's already forcefully unblocked himself en masse at least once

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hey bluechecks, get this

Nobody "forces" anyone to declare their pronouns. It is something they choose to do, voluntarily, in order to be nice to others

I know that's a tough concept but give it a think

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How quickly he returned to freedom of reach not freedom of speech.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Quote-Unquote posted:

He's already forcefully unblocked himself

I don't think the plastic surgery or drugs have worked

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

Hey bluechecks, get this

Nobody "forces" anyone to declare their pronouns. It is something they choose to do, voluntarily, in order to be nice to others

I know that's a tough concept but give it a think

:actually: I think you'll find that the only people who do that are virtue signalling cultural terrorists and every time you see it they are launching a forceful attack on everything you hold familiar and dear. It is important to remain in a heightened state of awareness as they could kick down the door at any time and assault you with a letter that is addressed without a Mr or Mrs in front of your name.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I honestly love they’ve attached themselves to this religion but despite religion not really doing the things they are claiming. Like what religion forces you to call people certain things

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The kind of mentality that sees someone ask if there's a vegan option and starts screaming about how you can't make me eat the bugs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

ah yes, the first Cracker Barrel Wokening

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Nah. "Ironic" Holocaust denial can gently caress right off.

Yeah, it's 100% a joke that doesn't need to be made. This is just the kind of thing I see floating around that understandably annoys a lot of people, but then it gets turned around by chud types. If I decide to go onto Facebook, I'll probably find a couple of my cousins crying about how hypersensitive libs are persecuting Roseann and continuing the destruction of the series reboot they don't watch anymore because the wokies got the only person who matters thrown off, or something of the sort. Then they'll joke about making Jewish people fight by throwing a nickel between them, and wonder why anybody suspects them of antisemitism.

Herrvillain fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 27, 2023

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Time to apply the bullshit metrics to anyone who hurts hurts fee-fees.

Given that the NYT is paywalled it's not even some sort of shocking revelation that fewer people read it than they read free stuff

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Elon bought a baseball team while they had a player on third base and can't stop bragging that it means he hit a triple.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i watched the roseanne clip and while she does have some jokes woven in, the whole thing is so incoherent and unprompted that i don't think you can write it all off as a joke

like if i had to guess, i think she was joking when she said she wished a holocaust would happen, but i don't think she was joking when she denied that the real holocaust occurred, and especially not about the classic jewish media conspiracy stuff

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008
It's hard to say, and plausible deniability is always built into this poo poo. I just read the original reports of it as this being akin to a full Ye, mask-off moment, and it's not that.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
goons man

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The "joke" and "irony" excuse has long evaporated by the time you're a guest on Alex Jones or whatever. Don't make it more complicated than it is

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

I appreciate Alex Jones's show being a funeral home for the human brain

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
lol Roseanne says horrible poo poo but sometimes it's ironic horrible poo poo. In this thesis we will analyze which is which through careful analysis, let's begin with the holocaust...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Herrvillain posted:

It's hard to say, and plausible deniability is always built into this poo poo. I just read the original reports of it as this being akin to a full Ye, mask-off moment, and it's not that.

Man if calling for a super holocaust isn’t going mask off what exactly gets there

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I appreciate Alex Jones's show being a funeral home for the human brain

I like this turn of phrase, sir, the cut of your jib, notwithstanding.
may i interest you in a computer chip implant to play pong better?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1673079706185535489
https://twitter.com/Eve6/status/1673771028470960133

lol the eve6 guy keeps falling for the fake musk account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!