Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Philthy posted:

Ideally, I'd like to be able to reroll multiple affixes, and then be able to reroll the actual numbers. All requiring whatever resource that will be accumulated over a bazillion dungeon runs.

Gold, if you wanna be lazy. Or some new unknown resources that can patch in.

Both of these additions would mean you would be grinding less and spending less time playing your character looking for these items

Might be a cynical viewpoint, but I think the friction is the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Good changes. Don't know if they're gonna be as impactful as I would hope but it's a positive trend. Looks like almost a universal couple percentage points of damage to basics across the board plus increased resource generation. On paper it doesn't look like big changes but I'm an idiot so who knows? Hurricane buff is pretty big though and the lightning storm is a big deal because getting six seconds to retain the size will probably massively improve crowd clearing potential with that skill.

This is definitely the way they should be going and it seems like they know what's wrong with the game as is and are being careful with the initial changes but I'll take a slow steady improvement over massive buffs or nerfs.

E: just waiting for the asinine content creator video entitled, "we need to talk about vulnerable,"

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 27, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see anything about the necro paragon boards, did they fix the minion nodes already?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Is this stuff already in game?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Walked posted:

CDN cached old page for Blizzard, forced new one:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes?=3

Patch notes

Lightning druid got a pretty good damage buff from Hurricane and Cataclysm damage increases :hellyeah:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Ice Fist posted:

Is this stuff already in game?

yes

i'm stuck in queue though

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

WarpedLichen posted:

I was honestly not sure if this was a bug lol

I am going to miss this, honestly. Creepy looking statues of my destruction was pretty cool.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I was kinda hoping to see much larger changes to some of the extremely poo poo skills. Rain of arrows is trash, there's no way to build it in to anything resembling a good build.
Blizzard reducing the cool down from 60 to 55 seconds is a giant wet fart.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

I was kinda hoping to see much larger changes to some of the extremely poo poo skills. Rain of arrows is trash, there's no way to build it in to anything resembling a good build.

Agree that the cooldown decreases are pretty lol for the most part. Right direction but probably needs more.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mikojan posted:

Both of these additions would mean you would be grinding less and spending less time playing your character looking for these items

Might be a cynical viewpoint, but I think the friction is the point

It could be like POE where to reroll a number you need a Gold Face Stone or whatever, and it's pretty rare. Maybe see one drop at the equivalent of every 10 levels or something? They can do all sorts of stones that do different changes. It would also kickstart an economy that D4 is currently lacking.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Walked posted:

CDN cached old page for Blizzard, forced new one:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes?=3

Patch notes

Looks like 10%-20% buffs for a lot of skills

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Well, poo poo, I'm happy to be proved wrong!

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Philthy posted:

It could be like POE where to reroll a number you need a Gold Face Stone or whatever, and it's pretty rare. Maybe see one drop at the equivalent of every 10 levels or something? They can do all sorts of stones that do different changes. It would also kickstart an economy that D4 is currently lacking.

I'd be all for special crafting items that are tradeable, honestly sounds like an amazing addition to the game

Infact, make the game as close to poe crafting as possible

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Gwaihir posted:

This, and also we need another pass at paragon boards for some classes. For example, across all builds Barb takes one (1) legendary mode, and it’s the same defensive node mostly because all other legendary nodes are awful.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Not a single nerf pretty cool. Modest damage increase and resource generation for the generator skills.

XP increases probably the best bit

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Gwaihir posted:

Yeah, this is less drastic than what I was hoping for in some cases. They're playing it safe.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mob density increases will be in season 1

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Gwaihir posted:

Pretty sure they kept all buffs around the 10% range on purpose

slow adjustments to try get things where they need to be, then let it settle with whatever meta / seasonal mechanic is going on

ARPG communities treat nerfs like someone shot their dog, so they'd want to avoid that as much as possible

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Did they fix a lot of bleed bugs going on with Barb at least? I know for example the unique chest says any kind of bleed on Elites, but it actually only works if you use Rend or the 2H Slash rune for WW.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

quote:

Raise Skeleton and Golem

Minions will now always engage targets with a cast Curse.

This is good, I know I heard a lot of grumbling about not being able to target with your minions. Maybe it's a problem if you want to curse something and not have your minions attack it but whatever, I'd rather have that problem than have my skeletons curbstomping a wall on the other side of the screen

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Philthy posted:

Does the NM dungeon significant experience gain mean the glyph xp?

No they mean actual character xp, which was pretty bad and this change is one of the major incentives they're adding to get people to run more of them.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
i'll be more excited about the nightmare changes if they expand the pool of dungeons, as it stands they get really, really boring since you're running the same set constantly if you mainline them trying to get glyph xp. they also need more creative modifiers than just 'bonus damage as x' etc. i have had more fun doing whisper dungeons since they're more likely to be ones i haven't run yet

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anything about the Necro death clouds

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Mikojan posted:

ARPG communities treat nerfs like someone shot their dog, so they'd want to avoid that as much as possible

Making my character unable to do things they used to be able to do sounds like a bad time, but another build becoming the top dog is no skin off my back

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Might seem obvious but is all your gear upgraded? Upgrading can make a pretty big difference. Also, having some defensive aspects on your gear. As you transition into WT3/4 defense will become extremely important.

Good question. My weapon is upgraded, but my armor isn't. I figured it's mostly going to get replaced not long into WT3 so I didn't want to spend a lot of resources on it.

bus hustler posted:

At that level though you should be able to outkill them pretty easily around level 50. Are you taking advantage of Vulnerable damage and stacking like that?

I'm taking Vulnerable and Crit when I can, but probably not enough of it. Decent gear seems harder to find than in D3.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Looks like for sorcerer they buffed the lesser used attacks without touching the others. Frozen orb I'd say would be pretty usable, I used it for awhile while leveling when I got the frozen orb explodes two extra times aspect early on but it's problem is it passes through enemies so is extremely finicky to use. It's especially bad for bosses that like to get up in your face. It'd work better if it just started exploding on the first thing it hit. The enchantment version works like that and I use it with the ice shards build I'm using.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Anyone having trouble logging in atm?

Also, anyone have any luck getting refunds for this dumb game? Feeling pretty dumb for spending £70 on a game that I can't even play apparently

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

I was hoping there would be some more viability added to T4 necro minions. I'm dedicated to bringing my skeleton brothers with me to level 100, but I wish I didn't have to feel like I was playing a gimmick build.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

WhiteHowler posted:

Good question. My weapon is upgraded, but my armor isn't. I figured it's mostly going to get replaced not long into WT3 so I didn't want to spend a lot of resources on it.

I'm taking Vulnerable and Crit when I can, but probably not enough of it. Decent gear seems harder to find than in D3.

it barely costs anything to upgrade to 3/5

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

George H.W. oval office posted:

Not a single nerf pretty cool. Modest damage increase and resource generation for the generator skills.

They've still got to re-learn that builder/spender gameplay doesn't work. It'll probably be a few seasons before that kicks in. It is very encouraging that they decided to go so swiftly from turbonerfs to building the game back up, though. If they stick to 3-month seasons then stuff is going to get interesting (relatively) fast. We'll probably get a big density buff in S1 and by S2 have NM dungeons established as the hotspot.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

What's the big deal about builder/spender gameplay?

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

That seems like a good first patch. Game is good

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Mikojan posted:

Pretty sure they kept all buffs around the 10% range on purpose

slow adjustments to try get things where they need to be, then let it settle with whatever meta / seasonal mechanic is going on

yeah I am pleasantly surprised, as a veteran of blizzard balance efforts, not to see any massive knee jerk nerfs to the existing good builds. I get not wanting to over-buff stuff, but, seriously, it's extremely funny seeing things like 2% here, 4% there, on abilities that have room to be 20x better without coming close to eclipsing the power of existing other abilities.

Obviously part of this is that there are more uniques and aspects on the drawing board that would make them not want to over-buff some of these currently useless skills, but, like, that doesn't help them now! (That and there's no fuckin way they've planned well enough to be able to say "well, in season 2, when we introduce the forceful arrow unique, then it will be very good, so no more than a 2% increase for now")

SettingSun posted:

it's kinda stale and idk that anyone really enjoys having to hit a bunch of wet noodle abilities just so you can hit 2 or 3 big blasters, not many other arpgs really do it too much, or entire builds are focused around enough tweaks to avoid having to use builders at all.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 27, 2023

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

zoux posted:

Anything about the Necro death clouds

they're fixed!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Gwaihir posted:

I did a small respec into Heartseeker, just to see.
Lmao it feels like poo poo, back to Puncture it is.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Mikojan posted:

I'd be all for special crafting items that are tradeable, honestly sounds like an amazing addition to the game

Infact, make the game as close to poe crafting as possible

Please no. Last Epoch's model is so much better.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

SettingSun posted:

Just spitballing but it's a bummer to use a skill that's intentionally weaker or less fun than another skill. Both skills should be fun to use, and their design should incentivize using them both synergistically in fun ways. I don't think there is an inherent problem with builders other than "you need to do something boring to do something fun"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SettingSun posted:

People think it's boring and want to be able to get to a point where they can engineer resource generation enough that they can just spam their main skill.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

they're fixed!

I can't find it in the patch notes tho

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

if builders did like more than 40x less damage than your spender it wouldnt be so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

my pulverize hits for 200+k on a full screen of enemies, at least let my maul hit one enemy for like 50-100k?