Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Features seem very light for only :fivecbux: off, but if this is the price I must pay for pistol ele...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Features seem very light for only :fivecbux: off, but if this is the price I must pay for pistol ele...

Yeah "feature light" is also what I was thinking.

I get that EoD doing gangbusters convinced them they needed to stop LW updates and go all in on expansions but this doesn't feel very expansion-y to me. It's system reworks and kind of a glorified LW update with some bells and whistles, not something I can see generating the kind of buzz EoD had going into release.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rifle Mesmer and staff Warrior, HELL YES.

Also dual pistol Guardian.

They pulled me back in!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Will EoD go on sale before new expac? I don't have it yet.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Humerus posted:

They'll still gently caress it up and make it a melee weapon somehow

Knowing how elementalist are, you will probably have to have the fingers of a classically trained pianist to get remotely close to a decent damage rotation.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Oh great, now I need to find a cool purple rifle.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I actually went to the website on a real computer (the mobile version is all hosed up, at least for me) and they're making updrafts usable for mounts. Hype train reboarded!

In all seriousness though $25 isn't much but this feels like less than IBS, unless the two maps they're adding are incredible somehow.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

drat they messed with scrapper right when i started playing it...i hope i can still get enough quickness off with finishers

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Quick which class should I switch to before Soto comes out

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I wonder how the new relic slot is going to work with legendary runes. Am I going to have to get a new piece for all my characters now?

Going to really devalue that investment if so.

kooshkaboose
May 18, 2023

by Pragmatica

Humerus posted:

I actually went to the website on a real computer (the mobile version is all hosed up, at least for me) and they're making updrafts usable for mounts. Hype train reboarded!

In all seriousness though $25 isn't much but this feels like less than IBS, unless the two maps they're adding are incredible somehow.

if im reading it right that's what its going to launch with, but it will get a year of added content including more maps.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MajorBonnet posted:

I wonder how the new relic slot is going to work with legendary runes. Am I going to have to get a new piece for all my characters now?

Going to really devalue that investment if so.

No, your runes remain the same expect the special effects some 6th slot ones have.
Those effects now go in the Relic slot, which is entirely seperate.

So now you can have your Dolyak runes and still shout "Yarr!" and summon a parrot.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Inzombiac posted:

No, your runes remain the same expect the special effects some 6th slot ones have.
Those effects now go in the Relic slot, which is entirely seperate.

So now you can have your Dolyak runes and still shout "Yarr!" and summon a parrot.

Yes, but now I have to craft/buy that effect I already had. Part of the allure of legendary runes is not having to think about that slot ever again.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'm sure there'll be a legendary relic and they'll add more fancy poo poo to do so it'll be worth making it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Decoupling weapons from elite specs has been a long time coming since for a long time it felt sorta mandatory 99% of the time to take the elite spec weapon on it and limited player choice, but I'm not too keen on that balance patch being behind a 25$ expansion.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Untying the unique bonus of rune sets from the raw stats: amazing

Keeping runes as just purely stat points and not folding them into existing armor or trinket stats: boo

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Deformed Church posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/combat-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Elite spec weapons without having to equip the traitline/spec itself, through "Weaponmaster Training" which they don't describe at all. Plus a few new skills to cover cases where mechanics are mutually exclusive.

Also, runes are going to just have stats and the special effects will be on a new "relic" slot so you can get cool effects without being tied to lovely stats.

Also they will be introducing new weapons without a full spec in a later patch:

Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)
Revenant: Scepter (main hand)
Warrior: Staff
Engineer: Short bow
Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
Thief: Axe (main hand)
Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
Mesmer: Rifle
Necromancer: Sword (main and off hand)

Well, poo poo I guess I have to buy this expansion. I was planning on waiting like I did with all the others, but being able to run things like a greatsword/short bow Revenant sounds so much fun.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Guardian dual pistols? Rifle on daredevil? Skyscale during combat? Open world OBSIDIAN legendary armour? this all sounds amazing

Honestly thought I was done with gw2 after it seemed to be dying down after EoD but this is going to open up so many new options, actually think I prefer this to new elite apecs

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Land spears one day so I can RP as a final fantasy dragoon and play Spear Vindicator

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Decoupling weapons from elite specs has been a long time coming since for a long time it felt sorta mandatory 99% of the time to take the elite spec weapon on it and limited player choice, but I'm not too keen on that balance patch being behind a 25$ expansion.

Will happily pay $25 a year if it means regular content releases and interesting new features.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Maybe I missed a previous post about it, but Alac Heal Druid has been nerfed into oblivion.

Hopefully this gets corrected soon, but you can see Mukluk during his stream - who loves Druid (and I do, too) - sinking into despair as he realizes Druid's alacrity/boon output has been decimated. It's as if they didn't play test it at all. He's sitting at 100% boon duration and can't keep alacrity up.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1857171920?t=7303s

Maybe there's some new Druid meta spec that none of us are aware yet, which may work around the issue, but so far, it's not looking good. Back to Healbrand I guess.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 27, 2023

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jokes posted:

Land spears one day so I can RP as a final fantasy dragoon and play Spear Vindicator

Big fuggen same. I just want Dragoon or real minion master.
Oh and pugalist/brawler.

Somec
Jul 15, 2006

MajorBonnet posted:

Yes, but now I have to craft/buy that effect I already had. Part of the allure of legendary runes is not having to think about that slot ever again.

Yeah! I crafted the legendary runes so I wouldn't have to worry for the future, and now that's been devalued significantly. Also, as a primarily wvw player, I don't like the thought of having to do fractals to potentially make relics. Going through dungeons to unlock dungeon tracks to unlock runes was bad enough.

That said, we certainly haven't seen everything about the relic system yet, so I still have some hope that it won't be too painful.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I'm curious if the new reward system will do away with Daily Login rewards. By the announcement, it sounds like they're just re-working daily/weekly achievements so that someone isn't forced to play wvw every week. As someone who has massively profited from daily logins, they should probably go. But I doubt it; they're a low hanging fruit to boost their daily active user metric for shareholders.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I assume it will be like how the living world seasons and EoD have their own version of dailies, there will be another separate set that give the wizard tokens.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I read it that this new system is going to override the core login and daily rewards, which is probably good to help at least try to fight material mudflation

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The blish modders are pretty good.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14ki32m/new_blish_module_dance_dance_rotation_learn_skill/

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Welp, I would not have guessed guardians to be the third class to get access to dual pistols

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Jesus I did not think they could pull me back in at this point and yet I'm legit sitting here thinking to preorder the ultimate edition of the expansion. Impressive, Arenanet.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Tyria needs your help! All it needs is your 16-digit credit card number, the expiration date, and the 3 numbers on the back and the Commander can something something something the something!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh no, this looks like something I want to play :ohdear:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mercury_Storm posted:

Tyria needs your help! All it needs is your 16-digit credit card number, the expiration date, and the 3 numbers on the back and the Commander can something something something the something!

:hmmyes:

Seems legit.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Looks like some of the tooltips for new skills can already be viewed in the client. You an hover over weapon skills for things like mirage and untamed ambushes. Hammer weaver's dual skills are outright listed (they just summon both orbs). The dagger primal burst can straight up be used.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The wording of the announcement leads me to believe that maybe every profession will eventually get access to every weapon.

It sure would be better and faster than churning out new elite specs.

If I'm right, I bet that's going to be the groundwork for GW3. What they've proposed will already expand build possibilities but quite a lot and I bet it'll be a good use of their time.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Been joking about pistolbrand and welp. I didn't see the rune thing coming, though. I wonder if there will be an open world legendary relic.

I want a refund on my skyscale time. :colbert:

Jedah posted:

Maybe there's some new Druid meta spec that none of us are aware yet, which may work around the issue, but so far, it's not looking good. Back to Healbrand I guess.

Really glad I got talked out of druid and into hb.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Mailer posted:

Really glad I got talked out of druid and into hb.

Mukluk did a follow up segment about the new Alac Heal Druid, it's pretty depressing:

https://twitch.tv/videos/1857483345?t=1106s

When he breaks it down, it makes you wonder - did anyone bother play testing this? He's at 100% boon duration, and he can't maintain Alacrity, or many of the other buffs Druid previously provided.

Heal Alac Mech is the clear pick now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CODChimera posted:

Rifle on daredevil?

Matt Murdoch with a gun is pretty funny sounding

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

So i logged in and they were asking me for $80 bucks (thats like 140 australian dollaridoos)

SO what did i just buy?

lol

(funny thing, what i said above is kinda true.....)

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Regarding the expac deets - New mastery for flying mounts to use updrafts & leylines is pretty neat I wonder if that applies to griffon too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

really sad about scrapper it can still distribute quickness ok kind of but doing so is exponentially more stressful and you take a hit subbing in throw mine to replace nades if you want to make it a little more comfortable.

you pretty much have to use hammer 3 on CD for the double finisher and it's got a really long animation lock that fucks with your ability to keep in motion for mechanics