Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

I love that all the diablo posts in the thread are like "this thing is dogshit. It sucks and I have to grind for 100 hours and it will bug out and make me lose all progress. I will keep playing this its soooo fun"

I played a bit of it. Seems like an even less responsive version of diablo 3 with slightly better graphics but i was pretty drunk so maybe it gets better. The menus and levelling are still clunky and stupid and the plot/dialogue are more of the same slop. They had a "diab-low" bar to clear to get people to buy it and i think they succeeded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Ben Nerevarine posted:

stay safe, gamers

Today and tomorrow, if your hardcore characters dies you die irl.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
i had blanked d4 from my memory and have been filling my brain with good game feelings via ff16 instead

the helltides were the “fun” part of the end game and still sucked poo poo. i had to have my other monitor opened to some janky 3rd party website so i could see the event spawn locations so i could optimally farm joi crystalsZ. then i would pop the 175 shard chests and get a bunch of bullshit items with stats that did nothing. then i would repeat indefinitely. Total dog dick game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
one of the funniest things about diablo 4 is it has to hit a server to let you check your inventory or skills so there's an infuriating 2 second hitch whenever you want to look at the sword you just picked up. they are going to shove so much gas in there that youre going to be permanently banned from your copy of the game if you even open up the game folder

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

punished milkman posted:

i had blanked d4 from my memory and have been filling my brain with good game feelings via ff16 instead

the helltides were the “fun” part of the end game and still sucked poo poo. i had to have my other monitor opened to some janky 3rd party website so i could see the event spawn locations so i could optimally farm joi crystalsZ. then i would pop the 175 shard chests and get a bunch of bullshit items with stats that did nothing. then i would repeat indefinitely. Total dog dick game

I want to be a degenerate and grind 100 hours a week in the game, luckily they made that feel like poo poo so I have to do it in other games.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

if the only thing keeping you playing a game is grinding for some unlocks/gear or logging in for dailies, then its a garbage game you should uninstall

playing games should be fun, not work

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

if the only thing keeping you playing a game is grinding for some unlocks/gear or logging in for dailies, then its a garbage game you should uninstall

playing games should be fun, not work

It takes a good while to get up to 100 in Diablo, but after that point I'm pretty sure they stop giving you skill and paragon points, which means your only method of progressing is gear. That's the point you should quit or roll another character and start from the beginning.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

grinding is fun for a lot of people :shrug:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Oh it'll be loving trash when they start doing "seasons" or whatever

seasons were the saving grace of D3, you could get the full experience in like 10 hours, short and sweet

I don’t think that would even be possible in D4 given its ludicrous map

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Grapplejack posted:

I love that all the diablo posts in the thread are like "this thing is dogshit. It sucks and I have to grind for 100 hours and it will bug out and make me lose all progress. I will keep playing this its soooo fun"

lol I’m glad I didn’t pay $90 for the garbage but every other goon did

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

euphronius posted:

grinding is for NEETs to make up their lack of progress in real life. and very easily exploited because it’s easy to turn gamers into paypig whales because of jt

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

euphronius posted:

ive had this discussion before, but the way i interpret "grinding" is when someone plays a game not for the fun of playing the game itself, but as a means to an end, usually to acquire some specific milestone or gear

its possible for two ppl to play the exact same game but only one is grinding while the other is doing it because they enjoy playing the game

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

of course, that interpretation gets muddled if someone enjoys achieving the milestones but not the gameplay itself

those ppl are sick and need help

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

you're not going to shame me into not 100%ing lost judgment

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Xaris posted:

grinding is for NEETs to make up their lack of progress in real life. and very easily exploited because it’s easy to turn gamers into paypig whales because of jt

what does being employed have to do with making progress in life? maybe i just like to listen to a podcast and click on things for a bit sometimes

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Buck Wildman posted:

you're not going to shame me into not 100%ing lost judgment

you tryin to say that Lost Judgement doesnt have fun gameplay?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

you tryin to say that Lost Judgement doesnt have fun gameplay?

depends on what you're up to at any given time if I'm being honest

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fortunately he hasn't dated any high schoolers as of yet. I assume when people say that they're talking about sana in the first game

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

Wait till you use the hellslurps on the hellapes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don’t really get the appeal of making a hardcore Diablo character in general but making one in an always online game just seems like deranged masochism

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Augus posted:

I don’t really get the appeal of making a hardcore Diablo character in general but making one in an always online game just seems like deranged masochism

thats the point the harder you challenge yourself it makes the win feel that much better

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Grapplejack posted:

blizzard fans.txt

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wait till you use the hellslurps on the hellapes

I did actually just get some item that the game was like "Use this to turn a regular dungeon into a NIGHTMARE DUNGEON"

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Butcher sucked me off??

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

mgs v would be so much better without all the resources garbage

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

The writing isn't that bad but there's a lot of stuff that it doesn't explain or discuss that it really needed to, mostly about the main character

I mean they do, they just do it in an overly long exposition dump before the final level.

What they absolutely don't do is make the protagonist relatable or even coherent. He's a generic rear end in a top hat that gets mad at the dumbest poo poo while also doing his absolute best to never question or figure things out until someone straight up comes along to tell him what he should think.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Butcher sucked me off??

This loving guy is just an auto-death for me when he shows up. Got a necro minion build going, so I have no counter to him zero-ing in on the PC 100%. Motherfucker does not get distracted.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

mgs v would be so much better without all the resources garbage

Go to hell! I want to ride a dumpster full of molybdenum up to heaven!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hatebag posted:

Go to hell! I want to ride a dumpster full of molybdenum up to heaven!

I just want to upgrade my base why do I need 20,000 cans of gas

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

This loving guy is just an auto-death for me when he shows up. Got a necro minion build going, so I have no counter to him zero-ing in on the PC 100%. Motherfucker does not get distracted.

That's always the problem with diablo necromancers. Skeleton army just gets fuckin wrecked by harder bosses. In d2 you had to be a bonemancer or do some bullshit with a blood golem and a curse, i don't recall

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Butcher sucked me off??

fresh meat :wink:

did they seriously reuse the butcher again in D4?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

I just want to upgrade my base why do I need 20,000 cans of gas

Maybe it involves a lot of helicopters and heavy cranes, or shipping components in from a port

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SomethingBeautiful posted:

what does being employed have to do with making progress in life? maybe i just like to listen to a podcast and click on things for a bit sometimes

I lost my dope do nothing wfh job due to state budget cuts last month and have found that games with a stupid grind are suddenly different in the sense that Battlebit’s level 200 gun no longer seems absurd but like an aspiration to replace all the ones a non failson would have

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

It's weird the reviewer talked about exactly that quest and said Clive doesn't really do anything but mildly scold them and then someone else feeds the racists to a wolf. Actually it's a Stephanie Sterling review so probably fine to just post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgjqXTvHaLk

(spoiler tags just for that one side quest)

Yeah, Clive doesn't feed them to the wolf (they buy another bigger wolf to kill Clive, but the wolf turns on them and kills them instead), but he also makes no effort to help them after hearing the child scream for help and is clearly unbothered by the outcome.

There are definitely parts where I wish you had the option to just murk some assholes, but there's usually a good reason not to do so. In that part you want to stay reasonably undercover, since you're literally in the country whose army Clive deserted. It would be extremely stupid for Clive to start fighting those people in that situation (or even to talk back to them - the last thing he wants is extra scrutiny, since there's always the possibility of him running into some soldier who recognizes him).

The part I'm at now has a certain character I'm really hoping Clive gets to kill, though I'm expecting them to die in some other way. In general it seems like they don't want to show Clive directly murdering non-combatants, even if they're comically evil.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

yea but he’s funny in this game because he will just appear randomly in a dungeon and beat the fuckin poo poo out of you in like 5 seconds and then gently caress off. It’s honestly hilarious and I am glad they included it.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Mr Shakedown

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

He's in every Diablo game except 2, including the lovely mobile game

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rexicon1 posted:

yea but he’s funny in this game because he will just appear randomly in a dungeon and beat the fuckin poo poo out of you in like 5 seconds and then gently caress off. It’s honestly hilarious and I am glad they included it.

reminds me of when you'd randomly run into Jason in the NES Friday the 13th game

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

drat horror queefs posted:

He's in every Diablo game except 2, including the lovely mobile game

in 3 he was a lovely boss completely out of place and left in only for "remember this?" bullshit which everyone hated. I didn't think they'll try it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Rexicon1 posted:

Mr Shakedown

Every game should have one