Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyYexTcyY2A

Someone linked me this a while ago and it made me do a giggle :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Biplane posted:

None of us knew what we were doing so it was a good time, although I do now remember there being issues with the Required App for the game not working on my phone right away. E: we played as a group of 3 then 4 the second time

lol board games require apps now, of course they do, why am I surprised by that

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Shame Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyYexTcyY2A

Someone linked me this a while ago and it made me do a giggle :shobon:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

The licensed games that almost seem like Mousetrap for adults are an interesting turn, and seem largely driven by Kickstarter?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8s4GEcHKXT4&pp=ygURdS1ib2F0IGJvYXJkIGdhbWU%3D

Lots of elaborate 3D pieces, lots of sounds, things like that.

not to be confused with u-boot: the board game

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Just play 18xx board games, all the fun of trains and capitalism and robber barons and, depending on the specific one, very little luck.

Or go to some actual cool games like Agricola or Galaxy Trucker or old faithful Pandemic if you haven't mastered it yet. Capitalism options are Power Grid (the excel simulator that is still fun) or seven wonders I guess.

Also if anyone feels like a quick game of Battle for North Africa, don't hit me up

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Frosted Flake posted:

The licensed games that almost seem like Mousetrap for adults are an interesting turn, and seem largely driven by Kickstarter?

is the gameplay any good? because other than the titular trap, mousetrap is a snoozer

I get a kick out of people who call this a christian nation or whatever nonsense. This is the least christian country that's ever existed

Milo and POTUS has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Jun 27, 2023

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

BonHair posted:

Just play 18xx board games, all the fun of trains and capitalism and robber barons and, depending on the specific one, very little luck.

Or go to some actual cool games like Agricola or Galaxy Trucker or old faithful Pandemic if you haven't mastered it yet. Capitalism options are Power Grid (the excel simulator that is still fun) or seven wonders I guess.

Also if anyone feels like a quick game of Battle for North Africa, don't hit me up

agricola is fun. i also like scythe, terra mystica, twilight imperium, castles of burgundy, and wingspan

wingspan is great cause every bird is the cutest and best

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Milo and POTUS posted:

is the gameplay any good? because other than the titular trap, mousetrap is a snoozer

No idea, I haven't played.I like the actual computer game, now that it's starting to come closer to Silent Hunter levels of simulation (it started off as a mobile game or something).

Milo and POTUS posted:

I get a kick out of people who call this a christian nation or whatever nonsense. This is the least christian country that's ever existed

:hmmyes:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

america worships money and class

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That really feels more like the school board had to do that as part of some poorly thought out criteria for identifying cases to send to social services (because if you gently caress that up kids die) and then hosed up handling being called out on it rather than some plot to get rid of the poor kids.

Also it's from 2019 and the school board got shamed into accepting the donation if anyone's wondering.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Okay nevermind dude's just a dick

quote:

When Platt reached Wyoming Valley West school board president Joseph Mazur, Mazur said he would not accept the offer because he believed it was the families’ responsibility to pay. They could afford the fees, Mazur added.

“His counter was, ‘These are affluent families who just want to get something for free,’” Platt said. “This wasn’t ever about repayment of a debt. It was about shaming people.”

According to the Pennsylvania Department of Education, 64 percent of Wyoming Valley West children live below the poverty line. In fact, the district’s poverty rate is so high that come fall, all students will be eligible for free breakfast and lunch.

“It’s a fundamental obligation of parents to house, feed, and clothe their children,” Charles Coslett, an attorney and school board member, told the Citizens’ Voice. “It’s not our obligation. This nanny-state mentality is troubling to me.”

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

This is what I get for wanting to believe it's just a misunderstanding and that people aren't comically evil literally all of the time, oh well

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

This nanny-state mentality is troubling to me. That's why I'm sending the poors to the nanny-state.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Yeah, for sure, so very not Christian, Christians never seek out money or power at the expense of the less-fortunate.

Now, let me just take a big drink of my coffee while I look up literally anything about the Catholic Church at any point...

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Shame Boy posted:

Okay nevermind dude's just a dick
Show them a dollar bill and ask them which part of "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" they don't understand

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ham Equity posted:

Now, let me just take a big drink of my coffee while I look up literally anything about the Catholic Church at any point...

The Catholic Church rose to prominence by taking the place of the shrinking Roman state in aid to orphans, widows, poverty and disaster relief. It was the largest driver of Christianization, creating a Maoist dual power within Roman society.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Jesus did have some pretty strong opinions on money though.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

BonHair posted:

Jesus did have some pretty strong opinions on money though.
You're not supposed to take everything in the Bible literally.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

cat botherer posted:

oh. is that why the priests keep getting mad at me for eating it to digest the knowledge within?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

cat botherer posted:

The eye is a needle is... Uh... A gate outside of Jerusalem or something that was... Uh... Meant for people on foot, so it was too big for a fully-laden camel to fit through! Yeah, so just hoard your wealth instead of buying things! Yup!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Actually, let's get some Bible in here. Being a doomsday cult ramps up your radical redistribution

Acts 4-32 to 5-11 posted:

32 Now the large group of those who believed were of one heart and mind, and no one said that any of his possessions was his own, but instead they held everything in common. 33 And the apostles were giving testimony with great power to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was on all of them. 34 For there was not a needy person among them, because all those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, 35 and laid them at the apostles’ feet. This was then distributed for each person’s basic needs.[i]

36 Joseph, a Levite and a Cypriot by birth, the one the apostles called Barnabas, which is translated Son of Encouragement, 37 sold a field he owned, brought the money, and laid it at the apostles’ feet.

5 But a man named Ananias, with his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property. 2 However, he kept back part of the proceeds with his wife’s knowledge, and brought a portion of it and laid it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the proceeds from the field? 4 Wasn’t it yours while you possessed it? And after it was sold, wasn’t it at your disposal? Why is it that you planned this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God!” 5 When he heard these words, Ananias dropped dead, and a great fear came on all who heard. 6 The young men got up, wrapped his body, carried him out, and buried him.

7 There was an interval of about three hours; then his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 “Tell me,” Peter asked her, “did you sell the field for this price?”

“Yes,” she said, “for that price.”

9 Then Peter said to her, “Why did you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out!”

10 Instantly she dropped dead at his feet. When the young men came in, they found her dead, carried her out, and buried her beside her husband. 11 Then great fear came on the whole church and on all who heard these things.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

this may be controversial but hell, i'm saying it: death 2 america

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

BonHair posted:

Actually, let's get some Bible in here. Being a doomsday cult ramps up your radical redistribution
Reading into this passage, Ananias wisely held back a portion of the proceeds to invest in other real estate opportunities. Through compound interest, this would have allowed Ananias and his wife to give far more to the poor, while maintaining a comfortable lifestyle. However, doubt entered his heart as to whether rational business sense, a gift from the Lord, was something worth cherishing. Thus he was struck dead.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

wha whaa? the game has an app you need to use to play it? why dont we just put the whole game on the app, then?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

john brown needs to come back and pay these people a visit

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

BonHair posted:

Exactly my thought. Haven't seen this passage referenced on any buildings in Branson yet but I'll let you know.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

BonHair posted:

I still haven't gotten my group to ever try an 18xx even though I'm pretty sure they'd love it.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

SpacePig posted:

The eye is a needle is... Uh... A gate outside of Jerusalem or something that was... Uh... Meant for people on foot, so it was too big for a fully-laden camel to fit through! Yeah, so just hoard your wealth instead of buying things! Yup!

https://twitter.com/palmer2themax/status/1671917027022307328?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

This nanny-state mentality is troubling to me. That's why I'm sending the poors to the nanny-state.

The guy is literally in charge of institution responsible for the care and education of his community's children. He might as well declare that he intends to destroy the public school system so that it can be privatized.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

The guy is literally in charge of institution responsible for the care and education of his community's children. He might as well declare that he intends to destroy the public school system so that it can be privatized.

tell me you're rip van winkle without telling me you're rip van winkle

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

:holymoley:

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
the OT prophets are really where it’s at. the overwhelming majority of their calls for Israel and Judah to repent come from those peoples mistreatment of the poor and marginalized

Amos 5 posted:

10 There are those who hate the one who upholds justice in court
and detest the one who tells the truth.

11 You levy a straw tax on the poor
and impose a tax on their grain.
Therefore, though you have built stone mansions,
you will not live in them;
though you have planted lush vineyards,
you will not drink their wine.

12 For I know how many are your offenses
and how great your sins.
There are those who oppress the innocent and take bribes
and deprive the poor of justice in the courts.

13 Therefore the prudent keep quiet in such times,
for the times are evil.

14 Seek good, not evil,
that you may live.
Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you,
just as you say he is.

15 Hate evil, love good;
maintain justice in the courts.
Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy
on the remnant of Joseph

Amos 7 posted:

17 “Therefore this is what the Lord says:

“‘Your wife will become a prostitute in the city,
and your sons and daughters will fall by the sword.
Your land will be measured and divided up,
and you yourself will die in a pagan[c] country.
And Israel will surely go into exile,
away from their native land.’”

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Oh no! The Bible went woke.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

wait till jesus hears of this

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Jesus is a catty bitch. He saw a fully alive fig tree and cursed it because it pissed him off. And the fig tree withered because Jesus had magic powers

quote:

12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.

15 On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’[a]? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’[b]”

18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

19 When evening came, Jesus and his disciples[c] went out of the city.

20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[d] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Gimme some fruit you figgy rear end in a top hat

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Gimme some fruit you figgy rear end in a top hat

I like how it even points out it wasn't fig season, like, this this dumbass doesn't even know that figs don't grow this time of year and he's still cussing out the tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

God hates figs