Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

People that are saying the Putin regime is weak due to Wagner marching on Moscow are the REAL Nazis they support Wagner by saying how weak Putin's Russia really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
When Dr. Ichiro Serizawa said "Let them fight" he was not actually rooting for Godzilla. Hope that helps Glenn.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

My name is Luka

I dont climb past the second floor

I live up north from you

Yes I think you've seen me before

If you hear something late at night

It's me and priggy, some kind of fight

Just don't serve me any tea (x3)

lmao

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Tuna-Fish posted:

There doesn't need to be any offensive action. In 1938, Germany doesn't have a proper reserve of strategic materials or oil yet, and since Molotov-Ribbentrop doesn't exist, they are not going to be supplied from the east.

All Britain and France would have needed to do to have the war end by 41 is to close naval trade and successfully defend the French forts. The tanks needed to do the Mannstein plan are still Czech, so that's not happening, and while Germany is probably going to win over the Czech with no real help from the west, by the time that's done France and UK are properly geared up and Germany is out of oil and incapable of offensive action.

To Chamberlain's credit, the most disastrous consequence of Munich, Stalin loving allying with and supplying Hitler, was not really foreseeable.

This simply isn't true. The numbers were bolstered by the addition of the Czech tanks (and generally the Czech arms industry proved a boon) but painting them as being like the most essential thing for plans that happened is a wild exaggeration. As is also laying out with certainty events that never happened.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

HonorableTB posted:

Luka and Prizoghin teaming up to take Moscow and install Lukashenka as head of the Union State

Lmao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

HonorableTB posted:

Luka and Prizoghin teaming up to take Moscow and install Lukashenka as head of the Union State

but Luka was the Bullet Farmer in Flexair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ZRK8YLmPc

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

If you disprove of any of Russia's actions you are russophobic so tread carefully posters.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Randarkman posted:

This simply isn't true. The numbers were bolstered by the addition of the Czech tanks (and generally the Czech arms industry proved a boon) but painting them as being like the most essential thing for plans that happened is a wild exaggeration. As is also laying out with certainty events that never happened.

Czech tanks were marginal in the battle of France, but at the time of Anschluss / Munich / annexation of Bohemia, the Germans had barely any tanks of their own either, the main build up happened later on. When Germany occupied Sudetenland, their available ground forces were barely stronger than Czechoslovakia, if a war had been declared, Germany would have had to mobilize to build up strength to prosecute the war on its eastern frontiers, not to mention defend against France. Their main advantage was in air force, and, of course, available reserves.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Czech tanks were marginal in the battle of France, but at the time of Anschluss / Munich / annexation of Bohemia, the Germans had barely any tanks of their own either, the main build up happened later on. When Germany occupied Sudetenland, their available ground forces were barely stronger than Czechoslovakia, if a war had been declared, Germany would have had to mobilize to build up strength to prosecute the war on its eastern frontiers, not to mention defend against France. Their main advantage was in air force, and, of course, available reserves.

Yes, but the same argument holds true for Britain and France who hadn't truly began to ramp up rearmament at this time. German rearmament hadn't come as far as it would in 1939, but they still had a headstart on West, whose own rearmament efforts in the time between the Munich Agreement and the invasion of Poland in September 1939 were a very important factor in attempting to close that gap (and the Allies, Britain alone even, were outspending and outproducing Germany in that timeframe).

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Its also worth mentioning that the attack through the Ardennes was a real hail Mary play that worked way better than anybody really expected, they may not have attempted something like that in a different context with different priorities a year before where Czechoslovakia and Poland are pressing concerns at other points on the German border. I feel like almost every hypothetical for a war that starts in 1938 rather than 1939 would have been much harder for Germany to see the early war successes and as such much better than what we got in real life, the German war machine was extremely dependent on the momentum they gained from those rapid initial victories. If things bogged down in a WW1esque stalemate (as a lot of people expected) disaster could have met the Nazi regime much earlier.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 27, 2023

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

but Luka was the Bullet Farmer in Flexair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ZRK8YLmPc

:pwn:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

khwarezm posted:

Its also worth mentioning that the attack through the Ardennes was a real hail Mary play that worked way better than anybody really expected, they may not have attempted something like that in a different context with different priorities a year before where Czechoslovakia and Poland are pressing concerns at other points on the German border. I feel like almost every hypothetical for a war that starts in 1938 rather than 1939 would have been much harder for Germany to see the early war successes and as such much better than what we got in real life, the German war machine was extremely dependent on the momentum they gained from those rapid initial victories. If things bogged down in a WW1esque stalemate (as a lot of people expected) disaster could have met the Nazi regime much earlier.

My understanding is that Churchill was uncertain about their chances of winning the war up until Germany invaded Denmark and Norway. In grander scale its probably the smallest of the main operations conducted during WW2, but that convinced Churchill that Hitler was going to eventually over-extend and make a mess of it, they just need to wait for an opening.

Then again, this was before France collapsed in the western front.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

khwarezm posted:

Hitler kept taking big risks and they kept paying out. For instance, he got Austria to join Germany by basically jumping in his car and showing up at exactly the right time. It's p.clear constantly having good luck on gambles early hosed up his reasoning later on.

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s amazing how much bullshit that ends up on the forums just gets traced back to Glenn Greenwald

I didn't even click that link and I'm not going to either. gently caress that guy.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Let's not forget 'Let's have another go at the great war. It went so well last time' was not exactly a broadly popular idea in Germany as well.

To the point there was a coup, the Oster Plot, put together to overthrow Hitler. But the West backing down at Munich massively boosted his credibility in the Reich and deterred them from trying.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1673686437865062401?s=20

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1673702257643122690?s=20

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Luka got himself a big ol pig bottom for life, i shouldn't wonder

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1672967668284944384

lmao yes Glenn, we are cheering on azov and wagner because they are nazis. You utter moron

We can't all be so well paid by Russia as Glenn Greenwald for complete disinformation?

Who is supporting Nazis Glenn? Most of us were loving baffled by how loving stupid your glorious "antiwestern bulwark" Russia is in practice when a coup happened.

Like lmao Putin ran away and then somehow Luka of all people negotiated so he wouldn't lose face.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

If this is really all that took place Prig is a loving idiot.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1672967668284944384

lmao yes Glenn, we are cheering on azov and wagner because they are nazis. You utter moron

What's the angle of a guy that defended murderous nazis, defended the nazi coup attempt and likes Donald Trump the nazi president, pretending he doesn't like Azov battalion nazis? Are they not nazi enough compared to Rusich battalion

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

pro starcraft loser posted:

If this is really all that took place Prig is a loving idiot.

The hot dog vendor turned Nazi mercenary is an idiot you say?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Somaen posted:

What's the angle of a guy that defended murderous nazis, defended the nazi coup attempt and likes Donald Trump the nazi president, pretending he doesn't like Azov battalion nazis? Are they not nazi enough compared to Rusich battalion
Making money,

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Somaen posted:

he likes his nazi's but doesn't like their nazi's

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Well, another non-parallel with ww2 is how Germany had the Guderians and Skorzenys, guys crazy enough to push all the way and then some.

Whereas Russia has whatever the gently caress wet floppy dick this guy is.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Somaen posted:

The angle is "I'm amoral and I write what I'm told by the criminals sending me the check".

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Somaen posted:

To me Glenn is the ultimate Tankie, like their loving King, down to not knowing poo poo about geo-politics but totally acting like he does and being insufferable smug about it.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Oldsmobile posted:

Well, another non-parallel with ww2 is how Germany had the Guderians and Skorzenys, guys crazy enough to push all the way and then some.

Whereas Russia has whatever the gently caress wet floppy dick this guy is.

He is one polonium-infused cup of Earl Grey away from doing a Russian reinterpretation of Ernst Rommel.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

TulliusCicero posted:

To me Glenn is the ultimate Tankie, like their loving King, down to not knowing poo poo about geo-politics but totally acting like he does and being insufferable smug about it.

I thought Glenn was a libertarian?

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

ryde posted:

He's a barker for his anti-establishment brand. That's about it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ryde posted:

His brain is too mushy and his ethics too trampled upon for him to be anything specific

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Shoygu is fantastically incompetent, and Putin is a poor commander in chief, so any outcome that has actually competent people or insane corrupt warlords like Priggy away from power is great for Ukraine.

Also lol at tankies sharing their talking points with Glenn Greenwald. Maybe time to do the whole “are we the baddies?” self-reflection.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Tankies love greenwald are you kidding? he's like one of their mascots.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

TulliusCicero posted:

What about that neckbearded guy sniffing his own finger?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

My name is Luka

I dont climb past the second floor

I live up north from you

Yes I think you've seen me before

If you hear something late at night

It's me and priggy, some kind of fight

Just don't serve me any tea (x3)

I am chilling
at my dacha
I hear the hot dog
stand with Luka

I am waiting
on the sidewalk
for the man
to serve my hot dog

and he only
has some ketchup
and before
I even argue

he is reaching
for the mustard
with the logo
of Putin

да да
да-да-да
да да да
да да-да
да да-да-да-да

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Mokotow posted:

Shoygu is fantastically incompetent, and Putin is a poor commander in chief, so any outcome that has actually competent people or insane corrupt warlords like Priggy away from power is great for Ukraine.

Not gonna lie I was pretty worried at the rumored MoD change potentially putting someone competent in charge, so I'm pretty happy that there are (apparently) no significant changes.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

welp gotta hand it to the 'this benefits putin' guy

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
just some pictures of Shoigu's humble abode

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1673730794194444288

in case some Russian soldiers are wondering why are they fighting with an equpiment that looks like this

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1673764538968055819

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Gotta be honest if I was Shoigu I'd probably also live in Genghis Khan's mcmansion.

It reminds me of when the Afghan government collapsed and taliban members were posting pictures from the mansion formerly owned by the useless minister of defence that had this picture of Babur prominently placed above the fireplace and its like, guys, please stop desperately trying to cosplay as actual military geniuses from centuries past.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Disappointed in Shoigu. He had the chance to make a killer conversation pit and he went with chairs.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1673760218608541696?s=20

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Russia continuing to win the hearts and minds of people in Russian-speaking cities across Ukraine :thumbsup: