Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

zoux posted:

I noticed that some of my actual values on aspect rolls are far below the range given in adv. tool tips, what's going on there

Flat values for aspects scale based on whether the original item the aspect was from was normal/sacred/ancestral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah as a Sorc I'm disappointed in the buffs, we need better build alternatives badly and 1-2% damage buff do not cut it when poo poo like Ice Shards does 50x the damage/utility of everything else.

I think the patch that they said on a livestream would promote more build diversity is coming soon as they just announced there is server maintenance today

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Hashy posted:

Them carefully deciding to buff an unusable legendary aspect that causes a damage proc on every 4th core skill cast from 2000 damage at level 100 to 2650 damage at level 100 is odd in a game where pressing hammer of the ancients has 60k base damage and does 50,000,000 damage in a good build. Bizarrely timid balancing approach and it's just page after page of things that won't change anyone's decision parameters.

Sorc's flamethrower ability that roots you in place and has no noteworthy synergies or aspects and only has any secondary effects after 4 seconds of channeling it? Their approach to levelling out the playing field was to buff its overall damage by less than 20% and make it work after 3 seconds? I'm not kidding when I say it does about 1/20th of the damage it needs to in order to risk being placed on a skill bar by anyone other than people capturing gameplay footage for their trailers.

What skill tweaks are people excited for?
All of them.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Underwhelming balance changes but at least I get to kill myself with Iron Maelstrom substantially more often. Probably twice as much.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Patch is good enough with xp buffs and teleport to nm dungeon.

I cant really speak about the buffs. 10% seems too small for some skills but then again i havent tried to build around them since the patch. Surely there’s some newly viable builds. Time for me to build the fireball/frost nova sorc of my dreams!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

That Italian Guy posted:

I am trying to find a way to have a semireliable and spammable freeze outside of Nova, Aspect of Shared Misery works even with the LH% freeze on cold damage and I'm already using Blizzard as secondary...I'll give it a go and see how much it freezes.

Stacking crit and LH is it for sure it but remember that blizzards crit chance is spread across its duration so by itself it tends to do less critwise

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Verviticus posted:

edit: i will say that while the shrines are alright and renown carrying over is nice, the map being completely blank when you start a new character loving sucks lol

We should reach some sort of compromise between no horse/no map and full unlocks. How about 20 waypoints and a mule?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

zoux posted:

I noticed that some of my actual values on aspect rolls are far below the range given in adv. tool tips, what's going on there
It’s a shite roll from low level item that you imprinted onto a high level item. The roll stays the same but the range is updated for the new item level.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
buff schmuffs, give me those QoL features

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

Flat values for aspects scale based on whether the original item the aspect was from was normal/sacred/ancestral

American McGay posted:

It’s a shite roll from low level item that you imprinted onto a high level item. The roll stays the same but the range is updated for the new item level.

I see, thanks.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Floor is lava posted:

just saw that all the 2 handers are all labeled wrong lol

lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

As a console player all I want is splitscreen when in town for couch co-op, so we can run our errands separately, and a "Lead the way" emote to complement "Follow me"

It would also be great if the Battle.net mobile app let you join local chat from your phone so you can coordinate with your PC buddies while playing.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
thoughts on the best and worst dungeon affixes? i fully just wont risk doing armor burn and i despite the lightning dome/elemental ones

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Verviticus posted:

thoughts on the best and worst dungeon affixes? i fully just wont risk doing armor burn and i despite the lightning dome/elemental ones

Mana burn

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They’re all fine except for the elemental resistance ones that make your DPS so bad you can’t kill anything.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lightning dome rules

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

theysayheygreg posted:

cool, cool cool cool Cool

turns out that if you get dunked on environmental traversal spots are not an escape option! in fact it's just as bad as being stunned or frozen, you just get to watch your character live out the last moments of their life crawling over a random rope bridge

Lmao the gang waiting for you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

American McGay posted:

They’re all fine except for the elemental resistance ones that make your DPS so bad you can’t kill anything.

Oh so elemental resist works for the mobs but not us, that seems fair.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Verviticus posted:

As a bone necro the only affix I avoid 100% of the time is resource burn. In high tier dungeons I also avoid suppressor and crit resist.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Vashro posted:

buff schmuffs, give me those QoL features

Give me the loving horse, without having to complete Act 4.
Give me the loving horse as soon as Lorath tells us to gently caress off to begin the campaign.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
resource drain from hits from distant mobs? or whatever it is called exactly is my least favorite, followed by the lightning strike one just because the dome doesn't keep up with you and particularly as a Necro with no movement skills you have to sprint back to it the second it starts the countdown. It just makes the instances take twice as long.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can tank the bolt unless you’re a scrub.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Went through 2 dungeons. I'm only level 65 but didn't notice any changes honestly. I'm at that point where I'm still trying to find out what NM level I can handle. Currently at 13 and it's still pretty easy.

Being able to teleport to the dungeon is GOOD.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

I very much doubt that given that you are making claims about the effectiveness of changes before you've touched any of them and tested them for yourself. You seem just like the type tbh

my friend I don't need to spend 5 hours spamming dungeons to tell that a 3% damage buff or a 7% cooldown reduction is not going to be remotely notable or suddenly enable a build that didn't work before.

the NM dungeon changes alone are worth the patch though.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

theysayheygreg posted:

cool, cool cool cool Cool

turns out that if you get dunked on environmental traversal spots are not an escape option! in fact it's just as bad as being stunned or frozen, you just get to watch your character live out the last moments of their life crawling over a random rope bridge

This is funny and rules, sorry.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

they buffed everything I use and a bunch of stuff I was planning to use on a new build, thanks bliz

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Gwaihir posted:

my friend I don't need to spend 5 hours spamming dungeons to tell that a 3% damage buff or a 7% cooldown reduction is not going to be remotely notable or suddenly enable a build that didn't work before.

the NM dungeon changes alone are worth the patch though.

not all of those changes are meant to be game changing. it literally says on the patch notes that some of these are meant to smooth out leveling experience. a 10% buff to spirit gen can be a significant change at lower levels.

read the patch notes, it's not hard.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Floor is lava posted:

just saw that all the 2 handers are all labeled wrong lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Example of how the new corpse death clouds look

What is this sick filth

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The patch made my Nature’s Fury Druid actually playable thanks to the buffs to the key passive, lightning storm, hurricane, and cataclysm. I had actually started a necro because my Druid was struggling really hard on T3 without the right aspects for the build, but popping in now I can actually kill things.

Excellent patch imo.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I've been playing for a few hours before the patch, now tried after the patch, and the buffs are good but no build changing stuff.

I really enjoy mindless clicky games so I played a ton, but Diablo 4 is almost like fighting you at every turn. The whole "sell/upgrade in town" part of the loop is a pain in the rear end, completely unpolished placeholder thing. Let's hope they get on track soon.

Furthermore Blizzard delenda est.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

decrepify seems pretty legit in necro but I'm gonna have to stack a lot of lucky hit + gear to get bone storms downtime down to where I'd like it. I've officially ditched corpse explosion and gone back to keyboard and mouse now that I only have to target corpses for one skill and my muscle memory is completely hosed but I'm getting used to it. It still seems to play ok on controller but decrepify has gone way off from where I would have liked it to go more times than I would prefer

I've been having to re-learn skill application order but honestly rn at like level 65 in t21 NM dungeons corpse explosion is carrying hard and is a vital part of how i use bone storm. Throw down some curses, pop bone storm, then sit in it with barrier up dropping shadow CE and tendrils all over for a billion proc chances, blood mist out for emergencies or if storm goes down at a bad time and i dont have CC available.

There are two extra aspects that are pretty helpful - % to generate blood orb when a corpse is consumed and -ult cd time when a blood orb is picked up. Nothing to crazy but it definitely helps shave off some time.

it'd probably be just as good or better going bone spear like every other necro is doing but i'm having fun with something a little different.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
D3 added a pet that would just auto pickup gold and salvage everything but legendaries. I'd like that but I think we've probably got a while before they want to put anything like that in.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

however small some of the buffs are, the fact that they went with the galaxy brain approach of "don't nerf the OP poo poo, buff the UnP stuff so more things can be fun" is a great sign. the worst balance trait for games is when devs kneejerk nerf everything instead of uplifting the weaker poo poo. probably will see more Basic/Core skill positive changes next month, for now it's pretty cool that this is the direction it's going.

I might be biased because im playing druid but very happy the werewolf stuff is being buffed up. looks like Fire spells for Sorc are gonna keep getting tweaked too.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

American McGay posted:

Blame the streamers, they were exploiting those rooms somehow for infinite elite packs. I’m pretty sure this was just a hotfix solution. If they’re still like that after the patch I’d be surprised.

You still don't get XP or drops for these enemies, they made it so that you get XP for "beating" the room instead.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They buffed my druid endcap passive and I'm very happy.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

so is there a clan or discord or something for finding groups

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Verviticus posted:

You get so many sigils that you can be fairly selective of what you play.

I skip everything that annoys me:
exploding ghost
lightning strikes
death explosions
all suppressor elites
resist X
crit resist
resource burn

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Substandard posted:

resource drain from hits from distant mobs? or whatever it is called exactly is my least favorite, followed by the lightning strike one just because the dome doesn't keep up with you and particularly as a Necro with no movement skills you have to sprint back to it the second it starts the countdown. It just makes the instances take twice as long.

it cant hit you in blood mist + u can tank it p easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

however small some of the buffs are, the fact that they went with the galaxy brain approach of "don't nerf the OP poo poo, buff the UnP stuff so more things can be fun" is a great sign. the worst balance trait for games is when devs kneejerk nerf everything instead of uplifting the weaker poo poo. probably will see more Basic/Core skill positive changes next month, for now it's pretty cool that this is the direction it's going.

I might be biased because im playing druid but very happy the werewolf stuff is being buffed up. looks like Fire spells for Sorc are gonna keep getting tweaked too.

iirc isn't that blizzard's typical way of balancing things? They try to buff the other stuff to make it more in line with the powerful thing, and only nerf when it's obviously too good. It feels bad when you sink in so many hours on a build only for it to get gimped and you're forced to play something you didn't want to. I'd love to try out frozen orb now.