Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

Beartaco posted:

you can't post this without sharing your dollar site op-eds, come on now.

Based on his posting history, he's obviously this man from the New Zealand initiative:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion-analysis/300832078/teachers-unions-arent-helping-our-best-teachers-get-the-pay-they-deserve

Although some of his posts lead me to believe he might be this guy:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/132389012/with-fuel-prices-set-to-soar-next-week-z-energys-boss-offers-his-view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
You couldn't pay me to click those links.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

You could pay me to click them. Dollar each?

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Stuff is just a misdirect, his op ed was published in the Herald

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Beartaco posted:

you can't post this without sharing your dollar site op-eds, come on now.

I shan't be posting anything written under my real name on the "Something Awful Forums" but you know my name so you're welcome to look them up.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Does that mean you think SA posters are crazier then stuff readers

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
He doesn't want to get banned for doxxing.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Does that mean you think SA posters are crazier then stuff readers

let me tell you about horseshoe theory...

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

bike tory posted:

Sure, just drop the link to your Stuff opinion piece on it.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

I shan't be posting anything written under my real name on the "Something Awful Forums" but you know my name so you're welcome to look them up.

If I had your opinions I wouldn't post them under my real name either.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Beartaco posted:

If I had your opinions I wouldn't post them under my real name either.

Fighting words

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

Aww look they give themselves titles like 'Senior Fellow' at the NZ institute.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i'm a senior fellow at the taxin' that assss institute

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

bike tory posted:

Stuff needs a way to "gas thread, ban OP"

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Haha nice

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is it just me or is the internet in chch more poo poo lately? even mobile data

real up and down

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/132434847/mps-office-smashed-in-unintentional-ram-raid

ram raid is just another term for car crash now

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Even "car crash" is stretching it imo in relation to an unoccupied car.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/Anne_MarieBrady/status/1673920131486089216

:imunfunny:

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

echinopsis posted:

is it just me or is the internet in chch more poo poo lately? even mobile data

real up and down
I've been having some intermittent network connection issues at work today if that counts

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

by the ai chatbots wrote i mean to say i asked an ai chatbot to write. i am considered by some a serious resource of thought on diplomatic relations with china.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The AI chat bots wrote a Luxon tweet that tricked one of his MPs.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I don’t think that actually is a chatbot. It is what they had to do when the account was banned for impersonation. I think it was originally called Chris Luxon Satire or something. When it came back from the ban it had the current name.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in two days time I am gearing up for free prescriptions at my pharmacy . I look to national
undoing all of the benefit it’ll briefly create

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

echinopsis posted:

in two days time I am gearing up for free prescriptions at my pharmacy . I look to national
undoing all of the benefit it’ll briefly create

You pinko scumbag. They won't stop at free medicine you know. Next people will want shelter, warmth, food and water to be accessible.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'll give him $1 for it

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007
When I was growing up in the 90s I remember a tale going around that there was apparently an attempt to sell NZ to Japan. Does anyone have any more context on that? This just triggered a very random memory, but I feel like the bs must have been based on some news story or something?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I think a lot of Japanese were buying up land back during the bubble economy because, well, it's not like you can just make more of it.

'course, once the bubble burst that stopped pretty quick.

Either way it was before my Granddad moved us all here, so the details escape me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

there was a brief window where japan was one of the largest and looking to become the largest economic power in the world while china was still in the middle of economic reform, so all the standard asian hegemony anxieties of white people were about japan then.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's why Japan's economy had to be obliterated from the inside by people trained wrong on purpose

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
japan was the china of the 90s op

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007
Yep I think that explains it. If I recall someone told me they tried to sell the entire country (not entirely sure how that works) to Japan for $30 million :confused:

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

It was the thing your racist uncle who is now on Facebook heard from a mate of a mate down at the pub.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

I bet Pat Choate felt really clever coming up with "Agents of Change" as a title, but I guess when your surname is just a skip and a jump away from choad any level of wordplay seems elevated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

How has no one posted this itt yet