Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Commercial success? Kenny Omega?

Some WWE fans really only watch WWE it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I kind of agree with him there, but Kenny needs to prove that he can be a commercial success specifically to a group of people that doesn't really like wrestling. If he can't capture that audience then about 2/3 of WWE's viewing audience just wouldn't give a poo poo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

a wrestler has to prove to me that people who aren't me will want to buy his merch before I feel that he's good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My favorite part of the tweet is

quote:

but I defo see him at least at a Kevin Owens/AJ Styles level when he comes in

It's the *when* for me. It's not an if, but a when Kenny Omega comes to WWE.

I know it's never say never in wrestling but I can't imagine Omega and the Bucks going to WWE unless it's retirement tour poo poo like Sting and Goldberg (who then refused to retire anyway) when they're about to hang it up. Could be wrong, though!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Obligatory 3 month Miz feud, then we'll see how the fans really take to him.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh I really like the idea of the Elite becoming the biggest North American wrestlers to never have signed a contract with the Fed, and I suspect that they do too, not least since AEW is becoming a viable alternative to WWE at this point

idk what they'd have to gain from a Fed run beyond the instant adoration of all the WWE stans out there, and I can't imagine they want that when they already have a solid fanbase in AEW and, to a lesser extent, NJPW

but w/e, I'm not them, so maybe I'm completely off the mark here and we'll be seeing The WWElite sooner rather than later

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This comes via the oldest social media - the telephone - my brother in law told my wife he can't get into aew because there's no stories and he doesn't know who anyone is. He then said he doesn't get this from online which is a weird thing to say. Especially since as I told my wife that's the take I see from wwe fans who specifically hate AEW for existing the most.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kill his rear end.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Seeing one of the lamest accounts get this out of sorts about the Painmaker is why the Painmaker rules.

https://twitter.com/iandrewthegiant/status/1673713713650466818?s=21&t=4ksos04enQLwjJgGHQ3wCA

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Shard posted:

This comes via the oldest social media - the telephone - my brother in law told my wife he can't get into aew because there's no stories and he doesn't know who anyone is. He then said he doesn't get this from online which is a weird thing to say. Especially since as I told my wife that's the take I see from wwe fans who specifically hate AEW for existing the most.

LMAO what a Jabroni.

You should call his work and say he stole several thousand dollars from you in an attempt to ruin his life

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

LMAO what a Jabroni.

You should call his work and say he stole several thousand dollars from you in an attempt to ruin his life

You joke but I have loaned this man $500 in the past and I remember telling my wife at the time I am never getting that money back. It's been 13 years

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shard posted:

You joke but I have loaned this man $500 in the past and I remember telling my wife at the time I am never getting that money back. It's been 13 years

:sever:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh don't worry, I'm not in a relationship with my brother-in-law anymore :D

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He passed away.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RIP to shard's brother in law

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shard posted:

oh don't worry, I'm not in a relationship with my brother-in-law anymore :D

Cut from the source, your wife :q:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Seeing one of the lamest accounts get this out of sorts about the Painmaker is why the Painmaker rules.

https://twitter.com/iandrewthegiant/status/1673713713650466818?s=21&t=4ksos04enQLwjJgGHQ3wCA
Lol at complaining that Jericho comes off as an aging rock star. Bro was just unfrozen Austin powers style

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Painmaker is extremely lame and a rare miss for Jericho in the gimmick department but not enough to get hot about imo

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Painmaker is sublimely stupid and I love how much fun Jericho has pulling out this corny “alter ego.” He loves his clown makeup!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Idiots: "he looks like a washed up rockstar"

Geniuses: "he looks like a washed up rockstar lmao"

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
I can't stress enough how badass/hilarious it was the first time seeing Jericho as a fat insane juggalo beating the piss out of Naito, so I'll always be a fan of the gimmick

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can’t tell if Jericho thinks the Painmaker makeup is actually good and cool or if he’s in on the joke and, frankly, I do not care. It’s so dumb and I love it. And his little hat.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

2nd rate Alice Cooper is the loving point of the gimmick!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I can’t tell if Jericho thinks the Painmaker makeup is actually good and cool or if he’s in on the joke and, frankly, I do not care. It’s so dumb and I love it. And his little hat.

his wrestling persona and his real life persona are both just tim heidecker's character from on cinema

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Idiots: "he looks like a washed up rockstar"

Geniuses: "he looks like a washed up rockstar lmao"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

He has spikes on the jacket, that's +10 damage on the Judas Effect! Who's stupid now?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

little munchkin posted:

his wrestling persona and his real life persona are both just tim heidecker's character from on cinema

Tim, Vic, and Doug should win the trios titles

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Guillermus posted:

Cut from the source, your wife :q:

I'll cut your source! {Flying CockDrop}

bigtag
Jan 21, 2023

by vyelkin
is rafter really just attempting to drag random people from twitter now?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

little munchkin posted:

Can't wait for Jericho's "medicinal vape" arc

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

bigtag posted:

I know you're new here but that's the point of the thread

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bigtag posted:

At least wait until it’s one of the ill-advised times MRT insists on rolling around in the poop instead of just posting it before you try a call out

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The whole point of the thread is making fun of dumb wrestling fan opinions from social media/places that aren't here

If anything's bad, it's the times people will post just straight up bigotry from them, and if anything's weird it's the times people will post dumb ex-talent opinions. Like yeah of course Dutch Mantell and C*rnette suck, they were that way on-screen and they still are off-screen; I don't think they're suddenly fans just because they're now off-screen though

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

At least wait until it’s one of the ill-advised times MRT insists on rolling around in the poop instead of just posting it before you try a call out

In fairness to MRT, his pokes usually causes the other person to go off on a 15 tweet thread about why their horrible take is good, actually and it's some funny poo poo.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shard posted:

I'll cut your source! {Flying CockDrop}

That's a lot of damage!Bread!

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 28, 2023

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

syzpid posted:

In fairness to MRT, his pokes usually causes the other person to go off on a 15 tweet thread about why their horrible take is good, actually and it's some funny poo poo.

Or he pokes something into existence that trolls a lot of people for months (if not years) like the AEW invoice for instance which is very funny especially considering how obviously fake it is.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Guillermus posted:

That's a lot of damage!Bread!

Nice of Kojima to cure Punk's enuresis.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bigtag posted:

No, I am here to elevate Wrestling, which is King.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1673821808582115328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Rotisserie?"