Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Optimus' characterization wpuld have been enhanced if they kept that scene where he kills Transit and drops its body into the river where it's piled on top of other dead Decepticons sent to kill the Autobots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I was okay with how Optimus treated the humans, but what bothered me was how often he talked about what he was going to do to his enemies.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I was okay with how Optimus treated the humans, but what bothered me was how often he talked about what he was going to do to his enemies.

Yeah, this was my one misgiving, and it didn't even bother me that much. It was clear that the movie believed Optimus was in the wrong and had some growing to do for most of it, which is absolutely a step up from the Bay films just having him be declared morally correct despite being a psychopath, but even after he had his big moment of character growth he was still all "grr I'll kill you to death"

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Massive oouuff, the In Demand Toys warehouse got broken into and tons of stuff taken.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tfwiki/status/1673136719762268160

So this is cool to hear.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes. I didn't mind that he would shoot a guy's head off but I hated that he was literally like "I'M GONNA RIP YOUR HEAD OFF" to people. Also let Bumblebee just loving talk already.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I didn’t mind Optimus being violent because there’s context for it. He’s desperate, stranded, and the Terrorcons more or less killed one of his family.

And he’s “as bad as G1 Megatron with humans”? Please. He distrusts them but he doesn’t do anything outright abusive or destructive towards them, unless you count picking up Noah and glaring at him.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That is what G1 Megatron used to do. It was a cartoon in the 80s, that was about as villainous as you could get

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Yeah but Megatron would laugh evilly afterwards, just to make it clear.

But yeah I don't really understand why anyone would be miffed by OP's behaviour in a modern live action film. He seemed pretty restrained, and more just annoyed that a human had gotten involved. And then annoyed that his friends were getting murdered, again, not that odd a reaction.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
So Scarr arrived and I think he's the first of the Core Dinobots where he's actually been better than I was expecting, which is real nice. He's not wonderful, but he's at least a reasonable "what if G1 had an Ankylosaur?" and the way the tail/fist/weapon works is very cute :3: This is a solid 6/10 bot, which is a huge improvement.

Marmaduke! posted:

Massive oouuff, the In Demand Toys warehouse got broken into and tons of stuff taken.
That's poo poo news, they've been solid for me of late.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Core Decepticon team is being revealed this week. Glad to see Soundwave’s silhouette there. Unless they pull a swerve and it’s Soundblaster.

https://twitter.com/skybound/status/1673360480704798721?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Soundblaster, Acid Storm, Buzzsaw, and Enemy.

Groundbreaking.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

A series that focused on repaint characters instead of their more prominent mold-siblings could be fun. Let's see Crosscut, Road Rage, and DK-2 Guard on a team led by Delta Magnus, as they protect some podunk planet from no-name Decepticons like Exhaust, Red Wing, Magnificus, and Galactic Man.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My friend and I are approaching this from opposite ends. He’s not a Transformers fan, but he loves this guy, and reads all his books. I’ve been meaning to read Do A Power Bomb.

Not to knock on the IDW books, but this new deal with the GI Joe books and Void Rivals, sounds like a legit comic event.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I have no idea what Void Rivals is and TBH it feels like Kirkman is tacking on some late-game crossover bullshit from a toyline I don't care about because it never made it to Europe right at the start.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Arquinsiel posted:

I have no idea what Void Rivals is and TBH it feels like Kirkman is tacking on some late-game crossover bullshit from a toyline I don't care about because it never made it to Europe right at the start.

The intent behind Void Rivals is exactly to imagine an 80s toyline that never existed and do an 80s Marvel style, ROM spaceknight, Micronauts type melodrama in a shared universe with it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

And here's my verse's Prowl, by TheShockwave48. Yes, she's a lady.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Amazon shipped my Nemesis Leo and Devcon. Should be here tomorrow so looking forward to those guys.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Amazon shipped my Nemesis Leo and Devcon. Should be here tomorrow so looking forward to those guys.

Lucky! I just got an email delaying Beachcomber to next week, he was supposed to be here tomorrow. No delay on Devcon yet, but he wasn’t due till Friday.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
So Swoop is real good, as expected. He's even got a waist swivel, and you can kind of perch him like the PotP Deluxe if you mess with the heads a bit. On the downside, his legs are difficult to move straight forward due to the way his pelvis has a curve on it, and the arms are kind of obvious in Pteranodon mode. Stil a solid recommend 8/10 bot though.

DoctorWhat posted:

The intent behind Void Rivals is exactly to imagine an 80s toyline that never existed and do an 80s Marvel style, ROM spaceknight, Micronauts type melodrama in a shared universe with it.
That doesn't exactly encourage me to roll the dice on it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

and here's the first of the Wreckers: Wheeljack, by MinerEdgar

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

Very strong Unicron Trilogy vibes

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Very strong Unicron Trilogy vibes

yeah I've had the resemblance to Red Alert pointed out, but mostly I wanted to homage Wheeljack's Marvel colors when I sent the details I wanted to the artist

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

And here's my verse's Prowl, by TheShockwave48. Yes, she's a lady.

Pace car's a seriously inspired choice for an altmode. She keeps the lightbar, the color scheme, and even the stickler-for-the-rules characterization, without the baggage of being a cop vehicle in 2023.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Phy posted:

Pace car's a seriously inspired choice for an altmode. She keeps the lightbar, the color scheme, and even the stickler-for-the-rules characterization, without the baggage of being a cop vehicle in 2023.

Thanks! That was exactly the reasons I chose it.

Dunno what I'm gonna do for Streetwise though. Rook is the only police affiliated member of the Protectobots, and he's deliberately gonna be written as against their core philosophy and an outsider

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
98 Tercel belonging to an underpaid social worker

Only half joking

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

someone suggested a fly car/emergency car. I guess that keeps the theme but it's kind of at odds with his personality as a streetsmart investigator

edit - if it fit with a bunch of emergency vehicles I could make him a taxi...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/jtprime17/status/1673864047865757697?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Nodosaur posted:

Edgar is my big buddy, and he did a great job here.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Wow that's kinda great

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

Core Decepticon team is being revealed this week. Glad to see Soundwave’s silhouette there. Unless they pull a swerve and it’s Soundblaster.

https://twitter.com/skybound/status/1673360480704798721?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

The cowards are censoring Starscream's dong.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Skybound/status/1673739094101487616

Soundwave it is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Organizing my unopened bots and I annoyingly noticed I bought two Crashbars. Anyone want him for cost?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Medullah posted:

Organizing my unopened bots and I annoyingly noticed I bought two Crashbars. Anyone want him for cost?
Two Crashbars enables a ton of builds that one Crashbar wouldn't!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/ty_rannos/status/1674074824413421569?s=46&t=idHOluBX7WY76GN9uEVUwg

If y’all could help me make a decision

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Crashbar is a fun little bike mode. I need to put together a Junkion shelf.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

A junkion combiner that had a larger robot for the core that transformed into an electromagnet crane would be sick

The extra combiner parts could turn into a car compactor

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TK Maxx is a treasure trove.

I didn't buy it in the end, partly because I already spent 40 quid on Prime Wars Legends this week and partly because I know I'd be compelled to try and find the other 4 and build the combiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
HANDSOME APPEARANCE

Even has my favorite hero, KY80307WP-4!