Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MonsterEnvy posted:

On the Superman opening trying to identify the villains.

The left is Silver Banshee, Rough House, and Intergang. Don't know who power armor guy on the left is. That is undoubtedly Waller next to Intergang. Don't know who Skullguy with Swords is. The armored person with electric hands could be Livewire. Mechanical Kaiju thing could be Metallo. Big face on the right is Mxyzptlk. I am guessing shadow in the back is Brainiac. Superman look alike in the center could be Eradicator or Cyborg Superman. Surprised no Lex.

Considering the armored dude, I think it would be neat if they revisited Corey Mills from Superman TAS (i.e. Prototype armor) considering the cultural shift re: law enforcement over the last 30 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

pentyne posted:

Between this and One Piece I'm not sure what will be the breaking point for Netflix but it has to come soon.

At least in One Piece's case Oda himself approved all of it so that's certainly points in its favor. No idea who's on the committee for it though but I'm sure it's loaded with sponsors besides Netflix

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Don't know who Skullguy with Swords is.

Slade perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA_1jtlE9RI&t=91s

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Come And See posted:

Slade perhaps?

Might guess a more sword-focused Bloodsport.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

PhazonLink posted:

i used to think that the animation age ghetto was a mostly a thing from out of touch suits and execs, but maybe there's a decent % of "normal" consumers just cant enjoy stuff if its animated and has to be live action. like it has to be real so theyre real serious grown ups with real serious tastes.
This is absolutely a true and real thing. Live action can and will reach people that will never look twice at an animated feature, even if it wins awards.

The question is, do you need to?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We have a cast list for the Tiny Toons reboot and it seems that Buster thankfully does NOT retain the voice he had in the initial test footage/leaked pilot (he’s now voiced by the current Bugs actor appropriately enough):

https://twitter.com/LooneyTunes/status/1671896370993856512

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Say goodnight, Babs.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Slade is kind of not a superman villain and is not really associated with skulls.

He could always be original.

Edit:Someone said it could be Bloodsport who is associated with skulls, though I don’t think he would be much of a challenge for Superman.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 24, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Slade is kind of not a superman villain and is not really associated with skulls.

He could always be original.

Yeah, Slade/Deathstroke is pretty much exclusively a Teen Titans villain as far as I’m aware (even in the comics)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Edit:Someone said it could be Bloodsport who is associated with skulls, though I don’t think he would be much of a challenge for Superman.

But he is a Superman villain, at least originally. Lex Luthor gave him a lot of high tech stuff and Kryptonite ammo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Say goodnight, Babs.

I wonder if that guy who stalked Tress MacNeille back in the 90s is still alive. Even if so, he’s probably really racist.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I AM GRANDO posted:

I wonder if that guy who stalked Tress MacNeille back in the 90s is still alive. Even if so, he’s probably really racist.

Yes, but the catch is: did it even happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgHPztPVzc

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The first 5 episodes of the new Superman show have titles and descriptions now:

quote:

1-1: Adventures of a Normal Man (Jul. 7, 2023)
Clark Kent builds his secret Superman identity and embraces his role as the hero of Metropolis, while sharing adventures and falling in love with Lois, a journalist, who also takes Jimmy Olsen under her wing.

1-2: My Interview with Superman (Jul. 14, 2023)
Lois wants to interview Superman and Clark must figure out how to help her while protecting his secret identity! Meanwhile, criminal ring INTERGANG gets their hands on unstable weapons, and a mysterious organization plots in the shadows.

1-3: Let's Go to Ivo Tower, You Say (Jul. 21, 2023)
Clark, Lois, and Jimmy cover a glitzy gala hosted by tech-billionaire Dr. Ivo - but while Clark and Lois wonder if this counts as a date, Ivo unleashes his newest invention: a creation that can bring down Superman!

1-4: You Will Believe a Man Can Lie (Jul. 28, 2023)
Lois uncovers a secret in Metropolis and is determined to get to the truth. Meanwhile, Superman tracks down dangerous weapons in the city…and finds himself in the crosshairs of mysterious organization Task Force X.

1-5: My Adventures With Mad Science (Aug. 4, 2023)
When Jimmy gets kidnapped, it's up to Lois and Clark to save him - but rescuing Jimmy will lead them into danger as they deal with mad scientists, military secrets, and relationship woes!

https://www.tvpassport.com/series/my-adventures-with-superman/5630148

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of the above, we’ve got our first review:

https://www.ign.com/articles/my-adventures-with-superman-review-adult-swim-jack-quaid

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I wonder what the Infinity train guy is up to.

ah

Well, I hope he's happy with how the animation industry is going.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I wonder what the Infinity train guy is up to.

ah

Well, I hope he's happy with how the animation industry is going.

It's funny because among us already probably falls under "nostalgia"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Didn't they already make an animated special or something for Among Us a while back?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What is Among Us but a Thing reboot anyway.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
what is amongus if not Werewolf, persevering

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Like god, could you imagine it. You get your chance to make a really cool, unique cartoon, the kind most people struggle to be allowed to make. You even get to make several seasons of it, although not as many as you would like. The highest of highs.

And then you get stuck making loving AMONG US cartoon. I'd kill myself. And the suffocating knowledge that it isn't just you. You see it everywhere if you stalk enough industry people. I think about that one twitter conversation with craig mccracken. "What made you come back to Powerpuff Girls?" "I pitched 16 rejected originals to netflix." Being an animator in the last ten years must be some kind of nightmare.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Don't forget the part where not only did your really cool, unique cartoon got erased from existence for tax and residual purposes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
On somewhat less depressing news that big leak of the Nickelodeon servers has led to some interesting things surfacing, including pitch documents and series bibles for a bunch of shows, some going all the way back to Rugrats(which has led to a lot of people being surprised that stuff this old would be scanned and put online)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Weird. Thats not so surprising, aside from the fact those things survived. WB has postings for digital archivists and poo poo all the time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Superman clip:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cllBhamyq-A

Also apparently they’re making a new ATLA game:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1WsMzwqnqgc

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Larryb posted:

Also apparently they’re making a new ATLA game:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1WsMzwqnqgc

Can't wait to play it on my GameCube!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Inkspot posted:

Can't wait to play it on my GameCube!

Man,I though that was hyperbole, but yeah, it really looks like a game cube era Tales games.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cel shading can be done on very old hardware, but it's also timeless, so it'll still look fine.

The Avatar game on Gamecube was alright, I played through the whole thing on rental, and it focused on somebody who had been kidnapping benders to help her make an army of bending machines (and since it took place before season 2, it kinda just pulled Haku to be your team Earthbender instead of Toph). It was some kind of Diablo I think.

The Korra game was also reportedly good, but I think it may have been purged from this Earth.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

Cel shading can be done on very old hardware, but it's also timeless, so it'll still look fine.

The Avatar game on Gamecube was alright, I played through the whole thing on rental, and it focused on somebody who had been kidnapping benders to help her make an army of bending machines (and since it took place before season 2, it kinda just pulled Haku to be your team Earthbender instead of Toph). It was some kind of Diablo I think.

The Korra game was also reportedly good, but I think it may have been purged from this Earth.

I think the Korra game can no longer be found due to licensing issues or something.

This new game appears to be a retelling of the series to some extent going by the trailer

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm a little confused on why there's a licensed video game seemingly aimed at Actual Kids when the original show is almost 20 years old. Though I guess the Netflix series means it's technically not a dead license.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mycot posted:

I'm a little confused on why there's a licensed video game seemingly aimed at Actual Kids when the original show is almost 20 years old. Though I guess the Netflix series means it's technically not a dead license.

There’s also some new animated movies coming out but those aren’t due for another year or two (I think there might be a third series in development as well)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
ATLA is ever-present on Netflix and parents who grew up with it now have kids who are the right age to watch it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

mycot posted:

Modern streaming and home media means that these things can be more easily kept alive for later generations (although even in the 90s home media was at the point when things were getting unmoored in time), but also it'd be weird to try making a game much more mature than the show.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Aang’s out of the question of course but I wonder if there’s any chance of them getting any of the VAs back for this (there was Katara’s narration at the beginning of the trailer but there’s a chance they just pulled that from the show as a placeholder)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
What the Avatar franchise really needs is an MMO

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

Aang’s out of the question of course but I wonder if there’s any chance of them getting any of the VAs back for this (there was Katara’s narration at the beginning of the trailer but there’s a chance they just pulled that from the show as a placeholder)

I think Toph's VA is a little old for the role now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

I think Toph's VA is a little old for the role now.

Michaela Murphy (aka Jessie Flower as she’s often credited as) is only 28, she could probably still pull it off

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 30, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

Michaela Murphy (aka Jessie Flower as she’s often credited as) is only 28, she could probably still pull it off

No, I meant it sounds like her register's changed which happens as you gets older.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

No, I meant it sounds like her register's changed which happens as you gets older.

Ah ok, I haven’t really heard any of her more recent work. Nevermind then (though then again there are actresses twice her age that are still voicing kids)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 30, 2023

mystes
May 31, 2006

Larryb posted:

(though then again there are actresses twice her age that are still voicing kids)
I don't think the issue is that people that old can't voice kids so much as that it specifically sounds weird when people voice the same character after their voice has changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mystes posted:

I don't think the issue is that people that old can't voice kids so much as that it specifically sounds weird when people voice the same character after their voice has changed

Fair point. Maybe she could still manage to pull it off somehow but like I said, I haven’t seen any of her recent work and don’t know what she sounds like nowadays so it’d probably be better in retrospect to recast the role anyway