Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
That’s a ridiculous probe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

That’s a ridiculous probe

"it" was so clearly referring to the situation, not to a character?

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I just think Orochimaru would deliberately choose the pronoun that discomforts and outrages everyone around him, because it amuses him to be uncomfortable and outrageous.

But whatever, mods gonna mod.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

"it" was so clearly referring to the situation, not to a character?

rndmnmbr posted:

and Hinata far too polite to ask himherit to leave.

probably this part that was being hit, but FD is a mystery sometimes

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

:shrug: Sky is blue, grass is green, shitpost enough and eventually you'll catch a probe. It honestly wasn't that big a deal.

How 'bout that Boruto, eh?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The best probe is the one you don't even see because it passes between your visits to the site

Weak probe in here, but it doesn't cost you 10 bucks like the olden days

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

rndmnmbr posted:

:shrug: Sky is blue, grass is green, shitpost enough and eventually you'll catch a probe. It honestly wasn't that big a deal.

How 'bout that Boruto, eh?

I once caught a probe for jokingly predicting that a streamer would not react in the expected way by envisioning a snooty french stereotype. It happens.

"They" would have been the more correct non-gendered/a-gendered pronoun to use there, just something to remember for next time.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

"They" would have been the more correct non-gendered/a-gendered pronoun to use there, just something to remember for next time.

Ah, but that is my point. Orochimaru chose to shed their humanity and become an immortal snake demon. They are monstrous by careful and deliberate choice, seeking not redemption or justification, but embracing evil as a way of life. They deliberately challenge rules and norms, simply because those rules and norms exist, and might limit them in some way. I posit that Orochimaru would choose the pronoun that is the most offensive, because it is the most offensive, and Orochimaru delights in offending.

We forget, because they are a good parent, that they are not a good person.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stop being weird.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Using 'it' for a trans/GNC person without their explicit request is generally considered dehumanizing, because it's been used that way over and over. There are real people that use it/its as their pronouns and they largely don't do it to offend.

All that said, that was entirely too much thought to put into it, and I blame the fact that Boruto's getting no chapters and episodes for a while.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

The Sasuke Retsuden manga had a very cute ending. Sakura managed to make Sasuke blush.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

Ah, but that is my point. Orochimaru chose to shed their humanity and become an immortal snake demon. They are monstrous by careful and deliberate choice, seeking not redemption or justification, but embracing evil as a way of life. They deliberately challenge rules and norms, simply because those rules and norms exist, and might limit them in some way. I posit that Orochimaru would choose the pronoun that is the most offensive, because it is the most offensive, and Orochimaru delights in offending.

We forget, because they are a good parent, that they are not a good person.

Actually there's an episode of Boruto about this that outright says they use "they"!

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

*shoos people along from the pronoun discussion*

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rndmnmbr posted:

The Sasuke Retsuden manga had a very cute ending. Sakura managed to make Sasuke blush.

It's nice when Sakura's relationship to her husband briefly matches up to the one she's built in her head. :allears:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NARUTO_info_en/status/1673710275625644034

55 pages long, and features Minato developing a Jutsu; likely Hiraishin, given his apparent age in that art is far younger than he was when he was using it

Boruto manga continues in August, and the 20th Anniversary episodes air in September

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

55 pages long, and features Minato developing a Jutsu; likely Hiraishin, given his apparent age in that art is far younger than he was when he was using it

Boruto manga continues in August, and the 20th Anniversary episodes air in September

Still no word yet as to when the Boruto anime stats back up I assume?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

I mean, I'd hope it's not Hiraishin because it was apparently a Second Hokage jutsu first so a lot of it would be just him "improving" on an existing technique, which I don't know that it makes for a very compelling story.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It’s going to be the secret unnamed Jutsu he kept threatening to use but ultimately never did.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Darth TNT posted:

It’s going to be the secret unnamed Jutsu he kept threatening to use but ultimately never did.

That jutsu's name? The sensual jutsu.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

50 of the 55 pages will be him trying to come up with a name and everyone around him going "please shorten it for the love of god"

The last five pages are for the name of the Jutsu

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
A fanscanlation of the Minato one-shot is out https://opscans.com/2238-2/

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
It might just be that my brain is perpetually broken, but I genuinely missed Kishimoto's artstyle.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

It might just be that my brain is perpetually broken, but I genuinely missed Kishimoto's artstyle.

Nah, Kishimoto is genuinely a talented artist

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Julias posted:

Nah, Kishimoto is genuinely a talented artist

I assume he's not burnt out right now.

The one-shot itself is pretty sweet. The ninja world really sucks though, although I think we've known this for a long time.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

That hit a lot harder after playing Final Fantasy 16, since Dominants and Jinchuriki have a lot in common

Minato's name game on point as usual, so thank god he's got people to temper it for him

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That Minato chapter was legitimately good, those two are definitely Naruto’s parents alright (in all the best and worst ways)

The Boruto manga’s still set to return on August 20th right? Not sure about the anime but I imagine probably this fall/winter at the earliest

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 14, 2023

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Still August 20th for the manga yeah. No idea for the anime.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
It's crazy to think that we finally have a name for one of Jiraiya's other students who trained with Minato. They were introduced over 20 years ago, and they were never mentioned once since. It's especially odd as they are candidates for the whole prophecy about his student thing, and this is only the 2nd time we've seen them.

DeadBonesBrook fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 15, 2023

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
i wonder if the prophecy’s about them.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ah, it's nice to see Kishimoto's art again.

But I guess there's really not much to Minato is there? It was really Kushina's story.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Man, is that page only not loading properly for me? Meh, guess I’ll wait for the official translation.

Kishimoto was an okay artist.he has a pleasant style, but it gets cluttered sometimes. At least he avoids 5 faces syndrome.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hypocrisy posted:

Ah, it's nice to see Kishimoto's art again.

But I guess there's really not much to Minato is there? It was really Kushina's story.

It did feel like a stealth story about the other character, which is nice! The franchise could use more characters about that rare type of person known as women.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Honestly, ever since the announcement, I kind of expected the story to be about what it ended up being about, but I still liked it. Also lmao, considering how Kushina was treated, I guess in retrospect, Naruto *really* did get treated decently for a jinchuuriki.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Official's out

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018609

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Finally read it. It was pretty perfect. Kinda cute.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official link

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-the-whorl-within-the-spiral-chapter-1/chapter/39797?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018609

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Well, we got the title for the next leg of the Boruto series

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I see the Boruto artist hasn't stopped being *real loving weird* about Sarada. Cool, cool.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

At this point, Ikemoto gonna Ikemoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I see the Boruto artist hasn't stopped being *real loving weird* about Sarada. Cool, cool.

When I asked for her to get a new uniform I guess I wished on the monkey paw.