Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

spacemang_spliff posted:

My neighborhood smelled like burning plastic when the recycling plant was on fire

Same

Funny how those things are on fire often enough to mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Anyway we've gotten maybe 3 inches of rain in the last 48 hours and the sump pump JUST kicked on for the first time, the ground here was absolutely desiccated by the three weeks of zero precipitation in May. Just swinging from one extreme to the other, forever. Yay

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

tater_salad posted:

Had the same happen in upstate NY, like if it's.not from.the wildfires what is their proposal?

the deep state and/or China is using chemical weapons to attack true American patriots

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
haha living around the great lakes to avoid increasing effects of climate change, wtf canada

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Anyway we've gotten maybe 3 inches of rain in the last 48 hours and the sump pump JUST kicked on for the first time, the ground here was absolutely desiccated by the three weeks of zero precipitation in May. Just swinging from one extreme to the other, forever. Yay

my fire chief describes it here as “going from fire season to filling sandbags”

but that’s what it’s like for the monsoon southwest

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

that's an impressive lineup of stories

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
https://www.iqair.com/au/united-arab-emirates/dubai

the gently caress is going on in dubai

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Back to apocalypse air in the northeast today. Woke up went outside for my walk. Smelled the air opened up airnow and went back indoors.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
AQI of 250 in NE Ohio. I thought it was a foggy morning at first and then the smell hit and the coughing started

:waycool:

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Oh sweet, AQI is now 205 and at 7am it looks like 9pm and will probably look the same at 3pm. The eternal darkness falls across the land :thumbsup:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

stay back you hazy fog of carcinogens! no crossing the ohio river! bad air bad!

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

the morning sun isnt supposed to be a semi-glossy blood-orange

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Morning goons

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I've been at work for 30 minutes and it smells like a campfire despite our expensive & fancy HVAC. I am very stuffy and I want to go home.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Last time our aqi was bad work left the outside air dampers open. It sucked. I drove home and worked from home for the rest of the day.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Koirhor posted:

Morning goons

This is facing East and the sun should be right above that tree in the distance. I don’t think the sun is showing up for work today

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Just checked the airnow air quality map and did a double-take, I'm so sorry to everyone in the great lakes region.

Puppy Burner posted:

One of the provinces that is the most on fire doesn't believe in paying fire fighters so they had to beg for aid from the third world
Canada does suck for a lot of reasons but trying to put out fires in the massive Canadian boreal forests feels like pissing in the wind. Is this wrong? It's millions of square kilometers and if it's vulnerable to burn it's going to burn. This presumption that there's anything people can do to meaningfully limit fires in such a massive tinderbox seems unrealistic.

Not trying to jump on you, I just see this presumption go unchallenged in the media a lot.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
NE Ohio's AQI has gone from 198 at 6AM to 306 282 currently, and everything is visibly smoky at ground level.

Not great. Hoping someone cancels my kid's little league game, but I live in The Deep Red so I'm guessing the prevailing thought will be more "only pussies don't inhale smoke for several hours."

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

lol western PA here, I just thought my allergies were acting up until I got to work and saw the warnings. left all my windows wiiiide open at home

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

you're gonna have to start checking maps before going to bed like west coasters during fire season. because we also now have a fire season

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Lmao so cool. At least this won't persist right? Right????!!!

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

plan tonight is to measure my apartment for sq footage and pick up a purifier. this loving apocalypse poo poo is too loving expensive

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

A Bad King posted:

Lmao so cool. At least this won't persist right? Right????!!!

“lol”

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

piss guzzler 420 posted:

plan tonight is to measure my apartment for sq footage and pick up a purifier. this loving apocalypse poo poo is too loving expensive

If you need something quick and cheap, just make a corsi cube out of a box fan and 4 furnance filter(rated MERV 13 would work the best)

If you don't like DIY stuff or have some hangup on the look, get a Coway or a Levoit, they do the best while being cheaper than in comparison to the other purifier out there

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
covid thread and weather thread together at last

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

yeah I’m gonna go with the $200 levoit I think, I don’t need the super fancy one

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
COVID, weather, and ecological collapse threads merge into one giant lmao.

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

thank god The Market exists to provide these solutions and coincidentally suck my last bit of cash out of the ol savings account. I love this poo poo

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

piss guzzler 420 posted:

yeah I’m gonna go with the $200 levoit I think, I don’t need the super fancy one

Don't be surprised when you turn it on, it get all angry and red light start lighting up and the fan really rips. That's just the air sensor at work, after it runs for a bit it'll calm down

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

piss guzzler 420 posted:

I have this one. It's really good. Good choice, consumer. It even links with the cloud so Google (or Amazon, or Apple, or) can learn that you need and how to sell you more air quality abatement products.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

piss guzzler 420 posted:

Don't forget to remove the plastic cover from the filter.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
levoit is also what i think tends to be the best allrounder

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i have a shark air purifier that works really well, even in larger rooms than it is rated for. during this i just move it with me from room to room to at least have decent air where i am.

so happy the market has blessed me with such a fine product

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 3 days!)

im about to move to a new apartment which one does weed smoke

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Chief McHeath posted:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chief McHeath posted:

they all help but its still best practice smoke outside or just blow the smoke out a window if possible. doing a bunch of bong rips is going to tax the filter over time and they are not cheap. for the occasional joint or hitting a bowl a few times most of the quality ones will keep the place smelling good

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Levoit core 400S crew :hfive:

Zero Covid, zero smoke. My home is pristine.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
new Normal dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
loving fires still? get your poo poo together canada. :argh: