Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

THE THUMBTACK SHOE IS IN THE GAME

You can stick the pizza box or tire on your opponents head and it reverses the controls.

Considering the people playing this, the fact that the only glitches they have found are just physics related on weapons is a strong sign.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grem posted:

Is that Jade Cargill coming in next? Does this game have intergender matches for real for real?

Yes

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

honestly from watching the boys play, fight forever seems fun in a arcadey, crazy, car-crash kinda way. which seems perfect

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh tacks are grody

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

It was published by Epic, guess they didn't like competing against themselves (even though I doubt there was much crossover between Fortnite and Rumbleverse)
My understanding is that it simply wasn't making enough money to cover the costs of server upkeep, let alone future development. A very clinical decision, but one handled carefully on the people side to make sure everyone got refunded and nobody got laid off. The developers (Iron Galaxy) own the IP and want to relaunch it at some point, but it'll take actual work to untangle everything from Epic's systems and retangle them in the systems of whoever they end up partnering with.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

THE THUMBTACK SHOE IS IN THE GAME

You can stick the pizza box or tire on your opponents head and it reverses the controls.

Considering the people playing this, the fact that the only glitches they have found are just physics related on weapons is a strong sign.

Honestly yeah just the fact that it isn't day one glitches everywhere is extremely encouraging.

(Like yeah they're not using the held-together-with-duct-tape engine of the WWE games but using a new one has its own set of challenges.)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I guess it turns out using a modern game engine and not just bolting new features onto the same one you've been using since the PS2 era makes for a less buggy game.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Matt Jackson can't stop falling in holes.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

it is very funny to see people in nL's chat going "lmao looks like a game from 2005" like wrestling game fans haven't been clamoring to go back to 2005 since like 2008

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
For those interested in the Switch version, this guy's been streaming the game for hours now and giving people the best look at this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6FzIrS5VX0

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This is the best minigame ever.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Honestly the truncated entrances are kinda incredible just based on how NL were loving around with the new guy.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Just bought the Switch version, can't wait to win the all the belts with Danhausen while sitting on the toilet like God intended

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

it is very funny to see people in nL's chat going "lmao looks like a game from 2005" like wrestling game fans haven't been clamoring to go back to 2005 since like 2008

People assumed it'd play like a 2005 game while looking like a contemporary game. Which isn't unreasonable.

Fortunately I'm not a graphics obsessive & played through Dragon Age Origins at like 10-15fps at times because my computer was so aged & underpowered. And the animation looks solid.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I have played one match and then spent 40 minutes making my character. The one match played just like No Mercy (etc), and this was money well spent.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Played 1 online match, pretty smooth.

Then after winning I beat them down after the bell like a true heel.
10/10 would play again.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whats all this 2005 comments? It's creating unreasonable expectations. Its a 1998 game they've been very explicit about this.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

My first match has resulted in the defeat of the dastardly MJF by the new and true world champion, Riho. Game is a lot of fun to play!

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i dig how deliberate the controls feel. I've come to accept that somehow the n64 games are arcadey and the modern era is sim, but having to commit to strikes and grapples instead of spamming them was one thing i infinitely preferred in the aki games. only played one match so far, but i like it.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

now i just need to figure out the you can't escape moonsault

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

lmfao good lord

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Fucker posted:

lmfao good lord

lol. nice.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

got me googling and lol @this retrospective

"you gotta reverse without a thingy popping up. bullshit"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Do they have some of the like older themes? If I can only give Claudio the boring heel 1812 instead of uppercut swingphony ill cry

E: wait actually i apologize. I was thinking insidious thoughts. AEW helpfully mooted the question of what theme Claudio has.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 28, 2023

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Switch footage doesn't look like wrestling in molasses, that's all I needed to pull the trigger on the pre-order.
WWE 2k18 Switch was so bad that 2k shouldn't even be allowed to sell that poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fucker posted:

lmfao good lord

Lol wow. I usually have to go hunting to find games that get reviews worse than a C/70 the last few years; it’s like when Rotten Tomatoes gives a TV season under 70%

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2K18 Switch has a 35 on Metacritic, which, yeah :rubby: that checks out

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Lol wow. I usually have to go hunting to find games that get reviews worse than a C/70 the last few years; it’s like when Rotten Tomatoes gives a TV season under 70%

lol yep, also lol at this reviews headline in particular

this fkn guy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Limited entrances! That's a point off!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Created a wrestler, gave him the destino as the signature, ate pizza in D.C, beat Hangman in road to elite on dynamite. 10/10 would play again.

There's a lot of announcer names too, I got hyped when I saw Devitt.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I've never played the 2k games but I thought those games were supposed to be bad based on how often wrestling fans whine about them? Some of these reviews are making it sound like they are the king of wrestling games. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things where gamers enjoy the game more than the critics.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I've never played the 2k games but I thought those games were supposed to be bad based on how often wrestling fans whine about them? Some of these reviews are making it sound like they are the king of wrestling games. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things where gamers enjoy the game more than the critics.

If you want to download a lot of detailed CAWs to expand your roster and set up a bunch of AI vs. AI matches and let the results play out its pretty good at doing that, but it's not very fun to actually play.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is absolutely going to be a Godhand situation

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Long-Time Lurker posted:

video game reviewers are funny. that's all

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

they're little silly people with a fake job

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lol claudio and yutes arent even in the paid update season pass

this does admittedly make not deserving trios matches much less annoying

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

yeah, roster is pretty much locked in to right before Swerve

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Fight Forever currently has a lot of warts that aren't gameplay-related, but reviewers have to review it as though the game is what it is out of the box, and a $60 wrestling game lacking key features of the promotion it is built on and CAW options that would have been considered unacceptable and outdated a decade ago is not going to be well-reviewed, nor should it really be?

All the reviews point out that there's a lot of potential due to the gameplay itself being really strong, so we'll just have to see if those problems get fixed sooner rather than later.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Miching Mallecho posted:

ate pizza in D.C,
Well that was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Reviewers are morons. This game isn't like this other game! But it was trying to be something else - like what people remember the games from the late 90s playing like. I DON'T CARE 3/10 IT LOOKS LIKE POOP!