Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

fit em all up in there posted:

Any opinions on:
Wingspan

It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

can't comment on the digital version of wingspan but the couple times I played the board game, the game went on for 30 minutes longer than the interesting decisions did.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wingspan is a fine game if you're looking for a thing to do with your hands while you shoot the poo poo with your friends and look at the cool art, and sometimes pull the slots lever at the right time and have your strategy explode points at you. if you're looking for a strategy game with a lot of potential for growth, probably better options.

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga
Too many birds.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

lunar detritus posted:

I can't believe I agree with a PA comic. Imagine playing with other people, jeez.

If I wanted to interact with other humans I wouldn't be spending friday night playing videogames.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Man, I love that song.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Any opinions on:
The Sinking City
Wingspan

Wingspan is a great mellow house party game. Every player is basically playing alone so you don't get anyone butt hurt for not trading sheep for bricks. It's very chill, pretty simple when you understand the rules. I wouldn't get it unless I was doing local play.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Any opinions on:
Wingspan

Leaving aside the IRL board game, wingspan the video game is chill, well-produced, and enjoyable. It probably has a limited shelf life without forking out cash for additional cards, but at half off currently its surely worth your while if you enjoy those sorts of games.

beginner's tip: if you don't seem to see any synergies or strategies and feel like your plays are being railroaded a bit, I'd suggest investing more into to card-drawing mechanics early on, since it can dig you out of a too-simple starting hand.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Remnant 2's third biome sure looks like a departure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCF5WwOzQZQ

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Serephina posted:

beginner's tip: if you don't seem to see any synergies or strategies and feel like your plays are being railroaded a bit, I'd suggest investing more into to card-drawing mechanics early on, since it can dig you out of a too-simple starting hand.
beginner's tip: killdeer and the ravens are the best cards in the game hands down because they let you add an at-will card draw or food generation to an egg laying turn, and if you are lucky enough to get both then you can sit there doing nothing but laying point-scoring eggs while out-drawing any food strategy and out-fooding any draw strategy that doesn't include them. they are very good cards even in isolation, allowing you to bootstrap almost any other part of your bird refuge into regularly generating resources that are 'off theme' for it, and playing well with basically any other bird that generates eggs as an action. imo you should always pick them up as soon as possible, even if just to deny them to others.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mordja posted:

Remnant 2's third biome sure looks like a departure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCF5WwOzQZQ

Looks great. Will definitely be playing this.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Getting a kindle did wonders for my reading habits, but getting in the habit of listening to audiobooks was a straight up revolution.

Sadly audiobooks just aren’t compatible with my brain.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
audiobooks and podcasts are great if you want to put on some background noise while doing something else and absorb like ~10-25% of it

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The Metal Gear Solid pre-order pages are up!

*Monkey paw curls*

They're £49.99.

*Monkey paw combusts, setting you on fire*

They'll also be busted as poo poo, won't they.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Oh, that's $60 for the whole package, okay. Somehow I thought you meant they were trying to charge full price for each until I looked.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

claw game handjob posted:

Oh, that's $60 for the whole package, okay. Somehow I thought you meant they were trying to charge full price for each until I looked.

That's a bad English fail on my part, sorry.

Although technically they do all have individual Steam pages, and they're all listed at £49.99 individually.. although I don't think it'll let you actually pay that without also getting the full collection. I think that awful GTA trilogy is the same in that they're listed separately but buying one gets you all 3 regardless.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bumhead posted:

The Metal Gear Solid pre-order pages are up!

*Monkey paw curls*

They're £49.99.

*Monkey paw combusts, setting you on fire*

They'll also be busted as poo poo, won't they.

They’re being handled by Konami who has an unclear at this time number of actual video game developers in house, much less PC focused ones if I had to guess. They’re by and large not being updated in any way. It’s gonna be Ninja Gaiden levels of bad.

kooshkaboose
May 18, 2023

by Pragmatica
me and a friend of mine booted up fortnite for few days just to gawk. we kept winning matches and it was pretty obvious
the matches where being seeded with bots. considering the size of the player base you know it's soley there
to get kids with new accounts a hit of battle royale victory to get them hooked. its just so slimy and pathetic and tim sweeny should be in jail.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Phobeste posted:

i play pvp games because i want to compete against other people. if i wanted to play against bots i would play a game where you play against bots. it's not hard

How am I supposed to get off if I'm not ruining someone elses day?

I had a rage quit last night in SF6. :gizz:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Phobeste posted:

i play pvp games because i want to compete against other people. if i wanted to play against bots i would play a game where you play against bots. it's not hard

the idea that some people might think singleplayer games are just very elaborate bot matches gave me a chuckle

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

How am I supposed to get off if I'm not ruining someone elses day?

I had a rage quit last night in SF6. :gizz:

Unironically this. I'm still treasuring the hate messages left on my profile from playing SF4 and Tekken 7.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Unironically this. I'm still treasuring the hate messages left on my profile from playing SF4 and Tekken 7.

they could easily get chatgpt to replicate this feature

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Fanatical's Trinity Bundle is real good, choice of 3, 5 or 7 games

Dusk
Iconoclasts
Everhood
For the King
Human Fall Flat
Breathedge
Darkside Detective
Mutazione
Mindustry
Road Redemption
Deep Sky Derelicts
Lawn Mowing Simulator
Youtuber's Life OMG

Orv
May 4, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Nah, Chatgpt in its current or near future state could never properly string bizarre, often unconnected words together in that way that lets you know the person is extremely mad

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jack Trades posted:

:hellyeah:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Not context sensitive bitching based on the match you just had.

My most memorable fighting game moment was some kid with an open mic loudly smacking his keyboard and shrieking "loving block spammer!!!" when I blocked all his mixups and that's the kind of memory I will never forget and always remember with fondness, right up there with that one time 20 years ago when a lady complimented my hair.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 28, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Jack Trades posted:

This is the good poo poo. Skulls for the skull throne.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I like that they remembered to put a screenshot of Meryl's codec frequency on the MGS1 Steam page, and most of the screenshots for MGS2 feature Snake, keeping up the same façade the original PS2 game did in its marketing about who you'd be playing. They should've made all the MGS2 pictures from the Snake section of the game.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I also enjoy winning and seeing someone else get tilted over it but some of y'all managed to take that simple, universal joy and make it weird

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I was just thinking that I now understand why I don't like competitive multiplayer games; I'm apparently not enough of a sadist. I always just thought it was because I was bad at them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My strategy whenever someone sends me a tilted PM is to just relentlessly agree with them. This makes them even madder somehow.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

My strategy whenever someone sends me a tilted PM is to just relentlessly agree with them. This makes them even madder somehow.

lmao

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Runa posted:

I also enjoy winning and seeing someone else get tilted over it but some of y'all managed to take that simple, universal joy and make it weird

Don't kink shame

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

exquisite tea posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5xrkNeO2QI

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

claw game handjob posted:

I would be careful about that. Looking through steam, it looks like at least MGS 3 has two different pages up. There is the master collection page that doesn’t have a price, and has the old PS looking graphics. Then there is the MGS:Delta remake page that has the updated graphics and a $59.99 price tag. So they might just be dumping emulated versions into the collection, and selling the remakes individually for full price.

Or maybe that is just for Snake Eater.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
As far as I'm aware, the collection is known to be just the old versions either emulated or ported (similar to what you get on the PS3 collection). They're only doing one remake and it's not related to the collection. All of the games in the collection have their own Steam pages listed at full price, but they all say "Includes 5 games" and the only way to buy them currently is in the collection.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Not context sensitive bitching based on the match you just had.

My most memorable fighting game moment was some kid with an open mic loudly smacking his keyboard and shrieking "loving block spammer!!!" when I blocked all his mixups and that's the kind of memory I will never forget and always remember with fondness, right up there with that one time 20 years ago when a lady complimented my hair.

In theory they could. DOTA has a pretty robust API, so other websites can see who was in a given match, what items each player built, what hero each player played, who killed who and when etc.

No reason a bot couldn't see you're a filthy Tinker spammer, for example, and shame you like the piece of filth you are.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Orvin posted:

I would be careful about that. Looking through steam, it looks like at least MGS 3 has two different pages up. There is the master collection page that doesn’t have a price, and has the old PS looking graphics. Then there is the MGS:Delta remake page that has the updated graphics and a $59.99 price tag. So they might just be dumping emulated versions into the collection, and selling the remakes individually for full price.

Or maybe that is just for Snake Eater.

The remake is only for MGS 3 I'm pretty sure

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I remember the Microsoft port of Metal Gear: Solid Snake being really good back in the day. Much higher resolution than PSX, and nice transparency/cloak effects. And it ran solid. Wonder what this one will be based on.

Orv posted:

It’s gonna be Ninja Gaiden levels of bad.
Thanks for opening that wound.

Still waiting for a sale on Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox store at some point lol.

Sold my copy for the original Sigma which ... meh. I did think Sigma was fine/great on Vita though. Less loading issues than PS3 magically ... but one dumb thing I could never get past was the glitchy floating blood/gore stains which ... are still in the latest re-releases. Sigh!

The Rachel stuff is annoying because ... it could have been better. Or should have been like a bonus separate campaign.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
think I've had my fill of Supraland at this point. An extremely impressive effort for a solo developer, with lots of clever environmental puzzles that are well-integrated into the exploration, and lots of rewards for carefully exploring nooks and crannies. that said, it did start to overstay its welcome for me well before the end, and it very much suffers from a lack of design polish: the map is an optional collectible you don't get until quite far into the game and is definitely not adequate for exploring this kind of dense, interconnected world; while many of the puzzles are very satisfying to solve, others lack sufficient visual or auditory feedback about what a given switch does or what exactly your objective is; and the combat is generally awful and mainly serves to get in the way of the exploration and puzzle-solving (most action-adventure games have the sense to maintain a decent degree of separation between combat and puzzle areas so that enemies don't interrupt you while you're trying to solve a puzzle, but sadly not this one). Will give Six Inches Under a try at some point; hopefully, it sands down some of the original's rough edges a bit.