Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Shear Modulus posted:

that's the jacking off on a zoom meeting guy right

Yup lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

yes

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1318348497272238080

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

He's an expert in homegrown

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
when he's right he's right

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheRealOJ32/status/1667970263877812224

the murderer-football man occasionally gurfs out some wisdom it seems

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

the guy who jacks off in zoom meetings is named toobin

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

goonin' toobin

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Eh, I don't think people treat the Hunter Biden stuff as radioactive so much as old and boring. He obviously peddled influence with and access to his father, the proceeds of which were split with dear old dad, but that's something that the children of most politicians do, at least at the Senator level. Happens in the House too, of course, but House reps have a lot less individual power and so the grifts tend to be less freelance and more done through patronage networks. Same thing for him smoking crack or being lovely to sex workers. He might be a little more scuzzy than most, but it's all pretty standard failson behavior.

Knowledge of all that is basically baked into the average C-SPAM poster's brain so unless something he's doing is funny instead of just sad like that video from a while back of him berating a sex worker, I dunno why anyone would bother discussing him. It's not that it's not happening, it's just that there's nothing new to say and none of the stuff coming out provides new or interesting insights.

As for the JPM stuff, :justpost: that poo poo.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I will say this over and over again, Hunter is the only interesting character the Biden camp has, and if they want to win in 2024, they need to give him the spotlight

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Hunter smoking crack and drinking White Claws in an isolation tank is the funniest poo poo ever and it's been memory holed. Lean into it and democrats will rule for one thousand years

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
just reminded myself that there was a giant pokemon doll just lying around in the pics.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hunter is like if onion biden was real

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's honestly not that surprising that Freddy Quimby is a gigantic gently caress up. He could have done something novel at some point, I guess

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Real hurthling! posted:

thank you for breaking the silence

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SorePotato posted:

Hunter smoking crack and drinking White Claws in an isolation tank is the funniest poo poo ever and it's been memory holed. Lean into it and democrats will rule for one thousand years

he banged his brother's widow and gave her an HIV scare

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
guy known for grainy webcam footage of his penis: i am going to call my book Homegrown

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
oh beaten, whatever.

also lol that i might need to clarify which grainy penis i'm talking about. multiple grainy penises intertwined in the epstein thread

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it was egg-shaped remember

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1673701824472154112

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
very sad.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
well at least we finally know the truth

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

wrap it up epsteindidntkillhimselfailures

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

smarxist posted:

well at least we finally know the truth

hopefully this brings his family some peace

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1673736810097446912
https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1673740579195453442

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Shear Modulus posted:

turn on your monitor

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
GO AWAY I'M TOOBIN'

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Azathoth posted:

Eh, I don't think people treat the Hunter Biden stuff as radioactive so much as old and boring. He obviously peddled influence with and access to his father, the proceeds of which were split with dear old dad, but that's something that the children of most politicians do, at least at the Senator level. Happens in the House too, of course, but House reps have a lot less individual power and so the grifts tend to be less freelance and more done through patronage networks. Same thing for him smoking crack or being lovely to sex workers. He might be a little more scuzzy than most, but it's all pretty standard failson behavior.

Knowledge of all that is basically baked into the average C-SPAM poster's brain so unless something he's doing is funny instead of just sad like that video from a while back of him berating a sex worker, I dunno why anyone would bother discussing him. It's not that it's not happening, it's just that there's nothing new to say and none of the stuff coming out provides new or interesting insights.

As for the JPM stuff, :justpost: that poo poo.

I think my bother here rests on H. Biden being ignored as, essentially, trite, when it's a slice of the story, and in this way the greater story also goes unmentioned. It is not just The Misadventures of Hunter Biden, it's the sitting president of the United States forking over tens of billions in public monies to support a war in a country from which he is receiving and has received kickbacks.

Kickbacks from the energy sector... he blew up a loving pipeline! This is not trivial poo poo for me to be comfortable going unmentioned. There is a whole rear end war tied to this with actual men, women, and children dying.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
yeah but its all so open and obvious, it has no secrecy vibes, no cabal panache. its like a michael bay production when you're still coming down from eyes wide shut.

its not very jolly

(it'd probably be bigger if it wasnt Q tainted)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I don't think folks treat it as trite so much as it simply being a known fact and there's not really much more to say about it. Joe's a rapist and Hunter got kickbacks from Ukraine and funnelled them to Joe. If folks post more evidence of either, that's fine but I doubt you'll see a lot of engagement here because it also doesn't illuminate anything further so what is there really to say?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I want to see more evidence of either, the details are worth knowing and discussing. I'll :justpost: I'm mostly miffed that the details don't find me instead of vice versa, I guess. And also that where I can find them is usually places/persons I strongly dislike or distrust... it becomes a taxing experience, unlike (typically) when I read Goons' Posts.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I think my bother here rests on H. Biden being ignored as, essentially, trite, when it's a slice of the story, and in this way the greater story also goes unmentioned. It is not just The Misadventures of Hunter Biden, it's the sitting president of the United States forking over tens of billions in public monies to support a war in a country from which he is receiving and has received kickbacks.

Kickbacks from the energy sector... he blew up a loving pipeline! This is not trivial poo poo for me to be comfortable going unmentioned. There is a whole rear end war tied to this with actual men, women, and children dying.

that's what the american president does. it's like succ zone or trump thjread stuff, or one of the american politics threads anyway.

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022
https://www.insider.com/jail-officials-jeffrey-epstein-unmonitored-call-to-mother-before-suicide-2023-6

quote:

Hours before convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide in a notorious New York City jail cell, staffers allowed him to make an unmonitored phone call to his "mother" — but his mom had already been dead at that point for 15 years.

Specifics surrounding Epstein's August 9, 2019 evening phone call were detailed in a lengthy report released on Tuesday by a Justice Department watchdog.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HuntClancy/status/1673862093282344963

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I want to see more evidence of either, the details are worth knowing and discussing. I'll :justpost: I'm mostly miffed that the details don't find me instead of vice versa, I guess. And also that where I can find them is usually places/persons I strongly dislike or distrust... it becomes a taxing experience, unlike (typically) when I read Goons' Posts.

Yeah, this is the other side of the problem for me. I have less than zero desire to follow the various right wing shitlords who talk about Hunter. Beyond just not wanting to bathe my brain in the non-Biden horseshit they spew, I also can't trust the poo poo they're saying about Hunter because loving none of them are above distortions, willful misinterpretation, and outright fabrication if it fits their narrative.

Frankly, it's just not worth it to know more. I can accept the broad strokes of the story as true but wading through bullshit to find out exactly which company was paying who and when they were doing it doesn't give me additional ammo when discussing things in real life, since it's such a poisoned well that we're beyond evidence nor does it help me personally understand the world better.

The whole grift is very basic and something that the vast majority of national politicians of both parties engage in to one degree or another, at least to the level of getting their failchildren do-nothing / no-show jobs in exchange for favors later.

Granted, I don't personally buy that any part of our response in Ukraine is driven by Hunter and Joe's relatively penny ante graft so if you disagree with that, I suppose it becomes more important but as I see it, Ukraine is largely a pawn in that and our actions are driven by geopolitical rivalry with Russia and we'd be responding the same way whether or not there was any cash funnelled to the Bidens.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

the hunter Biden poo poo is essentially a non-story. didn’t the last administration put their children in literal US govt posts that they were completely unqualified for to collect a paycheck while deliberately and accidentally mismanaging those posts? anyone in any executive appointed position who wasn’t directly related was a friend or business partner or both.

I say the hunter Biden poo poo is a non-story because once you start getting into blackmail and the war in Ukraine is happening because of some sinecure hunter had you’re just guzzling from the right wing grift teat. the support for Ukraine is obviously related to the same type of shadowy influence and back room dealing that got hunter a job there, but hunters job isn’t the reason for the war, not the same thing.

It was also pretty poisoned for me because the first time I heard hunters name was the laptop that the repair guy sent to Rudy Giuliani and it just seemed like such an obvious hack job I stopped paying any attention for a while then looked into it and regretted it.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the president's family profiting from a nazi-affiliated coup and as a figurehead providing political and material support across multiple administrations for their foreign policy ambitions is at the very least unsavory

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

found a new podcast

first episode summary:

quote:

In this episode we cover famous American sexologist Alfred Kinsey and how he relates to the CIA's MKULTRA mind control experiments, Nazis, Aleister Crowley and sexual blackmail. This one gets pretty dark so you have been forewarned.

it's at least slightly possible that some people groomed our entire society.

i remember in the kinsey biopic starring Liam Neeson, Neeson has a line about homosexuality, that it's not a sin, that in past societies it was seen as normal, and that in our case "the pendulum has swung in the other direction." which are all statements i agree with but now im getting the impression that Kinsey was trying to put his finger on the pendulum as it were, and not for attitudes about homosexuality alone.

i had not heard that he kept insisting that infants could orgasm, they definitely kept that out of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I vaguely remember something in older, pre-WWII sexology studies about the infant orgasm thing. maybe I'm just thinking about Slothrop from Gravity's Rainbow