Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Imagine defending unintuitive nintendo policies this hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine (a single Nintendo Switch).

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Physical keep winning

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Physical sucks cause i forget i got the physical version and then i gotta get up and go get it :mad:

Being able to sell/loan it when you're done is nice tho

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Imagine defending unintuitive nintendo policies this hard

bro just read the instructions, something literally no-one has ever done for a children's game console (unless they were maybe an incredibly bored child who was not allowed to play the console at the moment)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
^ - op could easily have found out if it works offline at home by turning on airplane mode asa test and they didn't even try lmao

Still haven't heard from the op why they didn't bring the console that had the primary account on it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
N64 controllers are available on Nintendo.com for those who were looking

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mister Facetious posted:

^ - op could easily have found out if it works offline at home by turning on airplane mode asa test and they didn't even try lmao

Still haven't heard from the op why they didn't bring the console that had the primary account on it
Yeah it's as if they didnt predict this technology problem would happen and were surprised by it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I could have predicted it, because I've played a digitally licensed video game sometime in the past 15 years.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

scored one. awesome.
and buying my kid a replacement kickstand for his switch was cheaper than paying shipping (which the controller puts me 1c short of)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

maybe they just assumed the portable console that everyone brags about being so good and portable would just work for whatever reason cause they maybe just never really considered how digital ownership works with online checkins and poo poo. maybe they have two consoles, bought and installed TotK on the secondary and thought that was good enough.

Like, if OP was going on a multi post screed about how nintendo is poo poo and this kind of thing is unacceptable, I'd get it. If you're familiar with this sort of stuff it feels obvious, but I can see why it could trip someone up and feel pretty frustrating.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

American McGay posted:

I could have predicted it, because I've played a digitally licensed video game sometime in the past 15 years.

I am glad OP complained about it because it is not something I would have thought of when planning for a trip, and it may have bit me in the rear end one day too

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Oxyclean posted:

maybe they just assumed the portable console that everyone brags about being so good and portable would just work for whatever reason cause they maybe just never really considered how digital ownership works with online checkins and poo poo. maybe they have two consoles, bought and installed TotK on the secondary and thought that was good enough.
Actually they did consider how digital ownership works because they set their console up as the secondary console of another account so that they could share games without paying for them.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Finished TotK. I give Nintendo a lot of poo poo for their flaws but pulling off a game like this on such small hardware is just incredible.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Like, if OP was going on a multi post screed about how nintendo is poo poo and this kind of thing is unacceptable, I'd get it. If you're familiar with this sort of stuff it feels obvious, but I can see why it could trip someone up and feel pretty frustrating.

Yeah see this is a reasonable take. Not read the instructions bro. For a problem they didnt know existed. Its understandable to be frustrated in their scenrio. Or ragging on them for owning two switches and riding on an airplane like that makes then some kind of wealthy elite that shouldn't be complaining

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

maybe they just assumed the portable console that everyone brags about being so good and portable would just work for whatever reason cause they maybe just never really considered how digital ownership works with online checkins and poo poo.

Maybe they should have. This isn't 2005 anymore. But hey, keep defending being ignorant of one's own purchases.

smh at people going through life buying things and not even trying to learn about how they function then getting mad when it's not how they expected

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Maybe they should have. This isn't 2005 anymore. But hey, keep defending being ignorant of one's own purchases.

smh at people going through life buying things and not even trying to learn about how they function then getting mad when it's not how they expected

have you considered reading the instructions on how to post better?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I saw we go back to talking about hades and how much it owns

My first successful run was with the chiron bow. Love that thing :allears:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

That game makes dashing sooooo fun to just spam constantly.

Gotta go dash

Dash and bash

Looks good, plays good, feature and content complete at launch, incredibly polished, voice acted with great talent, that coveted replayability factor, a dog you can pet, swords, guns, magic, and fisticuffs

Everything a full price game should have and it's only ~ $30 when not on sale.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 28, 2023

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mister Facetious posted:

Or you could read the instructions that came with your two $300 consoles, do a quick Google search on the Nintendo support site, and avoided any problems... 🤔

Who the gently caress reads the instructions? Are you a toddler still learning how to use electronics?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Oh man there are some boons and upgrades that make the Chiron bow absolutely hilarious to use.

Hades is incredible and I’m glad I gave it a chance. Now there’s a sequel coming out and I’m just like oh heck yeah, more Hades.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Large Testicles posted:

Who the gently caress reads the instructions? Are you a toddler still learning how to use electronics?

I'm not the one who doesn't know how to use a children's console now, am I? :smug:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Check out all of these Nintendo simps going hard to defend their incredibly dumb and unintuitive policy of *checks notes* "having basic checks in place to try and prevent people from stealing their products." What fools!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

American McGay posted:

Works on my machine (a single Nintendo Switch).

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Oxyclean posted:

have you considered reading the instructions on how to post better?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

That game makes dashing sooooo fun to just spam constantly.

Gotta go dash

Dash and bash

Looks good, plays good, feature and content complete at launch, incredibly polished, voice acted with great talent, that coveted replayability factor, a dog you can pet, swords, guns, magic, and fisticuffs

Everything a full price game should have and it's only ~ $30 when not on sale.

The replayability is so insane. You finally beat dad and are instantly compelled to keep going. New dialogue pops up even after countless successful runs. And the heat system owns. Its crazy how well thought out everything in the game was.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I kinda get where that poster is coming from though yes you get lots of weapons and movesets and boons but the combat is relatively shallow in the way that supergiant games tend to be more about chaos and dodging and mashing attack regardless of how fast or slow or far your weapon goes

Kinda like how the latter levels of bastion start to feel pretty unrefined. Hades is tighter but it's not a long game and most rooms are enemies rushing you or mini boss plus enemies rushing you

Great game but not the most deliberate combat system

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
didn't like hades. mid game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hades was one of those games that got sold to me a few times as "x for people who don't like x" and i always get suspicious at that kind of thing because it just sounds like they made it more generic

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Thanks for the heads up! Managed to grab 2 of them

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/nintendo-64-controller/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

o gently caress yea

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

KingSlime posted:

I kinda get where that poster is coming from though yes you get lots of weapons and movesets and boons but the combat is relatively shallow in the way that supergiant games tend to be more about chaos and dodging and mashing attack regardless of how fast or slow or far your weapon goes

Kinda like how the latter levels of bastion start to feel pretty unrefined. Hades is tighter but it's not a long game and most rooms are enemies rushing you or mini boss plus enemies rushing you

yeah it's not just a Hades thing, all of Supergiants games have this odd kind of stiff feel to the gameplay like it's the part they designed last, it worked well in Pyre since their style suited the simple sportsball game with a narrative on top but both Bastion and Hades felt a little undercooked

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I like Hades but I hope after Hades 2 is out Supergiant gets to make another weirdo artsy experimental title with zero target audience, as a treat.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

KingSlime posted:

Yeah the combat isn't overly complex so I also get where that poster was coming from. I feel thats not exactly a bad thing in a game like this. Plus the game entices you to try different weapons via the heat system. Not to mention weapon aspects all play a little differently and boons/hammers to spice things up. So it took a while for things to get stale for me.

Some more stage/enemy variety was definitely needed tho. I hope the sequel spices things up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I set my kid's console as primary and mine as secondary. It's great. My kid has full access to all my games on his account, and I can play all my games on my account at the same time if I'm connected to the internet, which I always am except on a plane.

This would fall apart if my wife played games, or if I had more than one kid though

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

o gently caress yea

calls hades mid, seeks gaming's most mid controller

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
nintendo's most mid for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I have 15 hours of flying ahead of me and just tried to fire up Tears of the Kingdom and I can’t play it without internet?

Apparently I was supposed to do video game homework ahead of using my portable console as a portable console to ensure it’s my ‘primary’ device, and there’s no way to change it until I get home.

What a garbage user experience, what the gently caress? Is there really no way to make this my primary device from their website or something? That setting doesn’t even exist on the console’s OS as far as I can tell.

lol pwnd idiot