Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

fridge corn posted:

Need to play more ffxvi

I'm playing it right now... wait... so are you!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Dewgy posted:

I noticed that you can fully refund any skill points with no penalty, which is nice, especially when you realize a certain ability set just doesn’t work for you after you put a bunch of points into it.

You can lock certain ones too so respeccing when you get 5+ eikons is painless.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

garuda’s skills are good workhorses even if they’re not too impressive visually. rook’s gambit will help you learn dodge timings for other skills to take advantage of down the line and the gale claws obliterate stagger meters

Rook's gambit is like a free parry + eikonic breakthrough, I love it. And yeah the claws are great for breaking down will. Depression claws

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I tend to use Garuda just for Rook's Gambit and will breaking (I like the "topple a half-staggered enemy" thing too), though once you have more precision dodge/block moves from other Eikons Garuda loses a lot of her shine. Titan and Shiva both also have parry/dodge moves that are just as good so once you have them it's hard to find room for Garuda anymore IMO.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lightning Rod + Gouge is intense

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Terper posted:

Lightning Rod + Gouge is intense

Throw will o the wykes in on top of that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

I'm playing it right now... wait... so are you!!!

:gerty:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing FF16 is good and cool.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

fridge corn posted:

Need to play more ffxvi

every moment that i'm not playing ffxvi, i'm thinking about playing ffxvi

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Need to play more ffxvi

whoa whoa whoa, slow down there bub

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Regarding CoD Black Ops cold war: Is this still an issue?

https://www.charlieintel.com/black-...lobbies-255754/

I'd probably only play the campaign anyway but am curious if this has been fixed yet.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Hioooooly hooolly loving poo poo. titan lost fight oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawddddddddddddhfhdhdhdjsdjfikjfkfudjdjdjsxkndndsjsibc

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i love my little hideout. i love my little scraggly village of climate survivors.

that one lady watering the plants like 'oh poo poo it's the water makes em grow, not the aether!'

i was rooting for her so hard. come on folks, we're gonna get through this apocalypse :peanut:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The Hideaway is great. It is a testament to how invested I am in the people who live there that I do not complain about the layout much.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Hideaway is great. It is a testament to how invested I am in the people who live there that I do not complain about the layout much.

It is very inconvenient!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hioooooly hooolly loving poo poo. titan lost fight oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaawddddddddddddhfhdhdhdjsdjfikjfkfudjdjdjsxkndndsjsibc

Da-boom-da-da-mmm-dum-na-ee-ma
Da-boom-da-da-mmm-dum-na-ey GO

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i bet square are pretty happy atm considering the content of the game may not inherently be for everyone and XVI doesn't have the embedded cultural recognition of VII. VIIR sold 3.5 million in it's first week i think, on an install base that was 3 times larger, considered a huge success at the time

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i bet square are pretty happy atm considering the content of the game may not inherently be for everyone and XVI doesn't have the embedded cultural recognition of VII.

Or Tifa

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i bet square are pretty happy atm considering the content of the game may not inherently be for everyone and XVI doesn't have the embedded cultural recognition of VII. VIIR sold 3.5 million in it's first week i think, on an install base that was 3 times larger, considered a huge success at the time

I bet they're deep in regret for not making it a cross gen PS4 game. Imagine the sales numbers

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

acksplode posted:

I bet they're deep in regret for not making it a cross gen PS4 game. Imagine the sales numbers

Honestly glad they didn't do this.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

re: sales numbers Yoshi-P did an interview about sales projections and budgeting couple of weeks before release that you can read a translation of here

quote:

Another thing I've realized that younger generations don't tend to be particular about the release date, and tend to based their purchase on what's popular within their community circles, and what everyone is playing. In fact this is what happened when it comes to Apex, Fortnite, and this is definitely what the trend is heading towards today, so what I did is to make estimations on budget, lay out the plan saying "FFXVI is coming out", and made simple approach to try getting the shop to convince gamers to get FFXVI together with their PS5 purchase. Therefore this time, I've laid out a plan on sales that would last about 18 months.※2 Even when looking at the ownership ratio for PS5, there's no mistake that there will a drop in absolute ratio rather than looking at the games that are released for both PS4 and PS5.

Ochiai: Yeah, that's right.

YoshiP: I mean, yeah, it would be idiotic for anyone to not make these calculations beforehand, which is why it's important to consider the sales in a long term and extend them for as long as it can be, and then from the sales that have accumulated through these long months, we can see up to which extend people have played the game, and since we can see data in the achievements people obtain in game, we can tell how much people are stuck at certain aspects, and so on. From there we may make adjustments so that it'll be easier for people to obtain them, and we wouldn't need it to be an online game to do so. Therefore, I'm not looking at the short term sales at all.

and also this lol

quote:

But then I've been generating profits from FFXIV anyway, and manage to contribute a lot to the company and it was thanks to the Warriors of Light that made it happen, so it was hard for the company to say "no" to what I've proposed I assume (laughs).

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Skeezy posted:

Honestly glad they didn't do this.

:ssh: me too

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

Sony paid them a mountain of cash not to so I think it's a wash :shrug:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sony messed up redacting a document in the FTC case (they used a sharpie). Among the the black bars were the budgets for Horizon FW and TLOU2.

$212 million and $220 million respectively, if you're interested.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They should have given that money to me instead imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

no Factions...imagine it...

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I literally just did this fight holy mother(crystal) of god my soundsystem was taking a beating. The entire sequence start to finish was loving incredible. How do they keep managing to get more and more epic with each fight??? Its madness!!

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Rinkles posted:

Sony messed up redacting a document in the FTC case (they used a sharpie). Among the the black bars were the budgets for Horizon FW and TLOU2.

Is this alot? Is it on par with other AAA games? I dont know what I'm supposed to make of this.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Seems like that's the going price for a big open world game at this point. I think Elden Ring was in the $200m ballpark too. About half an Avatar 2. AAA game development is so hosed

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Firewatch-like with undertones of MOON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv5QOFaKtOo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tyree posted:

Is this alot? Is it on par with other AAA games? I dont know what I'm supposed to make of this.

It's about right for a game with such a wide audience as Horizon, it's ...quite expensive for a game like 2LOU

I posted about it in the other thread but it took 2LOU another 2 years to cross the 10 million sales mark, so it underperformed GoW and Horizon by a sizeable chunk. Some of that is to be expected due to the content, but my guess is Sony would be gunshy about greenlighting a third game for that price if it's going to be similarly divisive.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Of the two, I assumed TLOU2 would move more copies. Personally, I enjoyed TLOU1 for what it was, but the promotional material for 2 successfully scared me away.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I literally just did this fight holy mother(crystal) of god my soundsystem was taking a beating. The entire sequence start to finish was loving incredible. How do they keep managing to get more and more epic with each fight??? Its madness!!

It’s amazing and incredible

Everything I’ve done since, however, has been ridiculously boring

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Of the two, I assumed TLOU2 would move more copies. Personally, I enjoyed TLOU1 for what it was, but the promotional material for 2 successfully scared me away.

2LOU is loving incredible and the environment design and mocap performance is some of the most ambitious I've ever seen, but admittedly it's also a lot to ask of a player.

I think the original game is a total cash cow at this point but 2LOU at that price was only a moderate success, and also no Factions. There's a perception that 2LOU may have burned some of its more casual audience in 2020 while also burning the studio out. Some of that comes down to ND's silence on everything and there not being an official PS5 port of the game as of yet. Whether the story continues to compel people via the TV show (a probable season 2 seems a long way off now) and god forbid Factions 2 is sort of an open question at the moment. I don't know what to think about the idea of more story, I feel like the story is done, but hey what do I know

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Love a creepy space game

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s amazing and incredible

Everything I’ve done since, however, has been ridiculously boring

You still haven’t done the Eikon after Titan, right? Best is still yet to come. Though there is a huge amount of MMO questing before you get there.

After that the game does go downhill imo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bugblatter posted:

You still haven’t done the Eikon after Titan, right? Best is still yet to come. Though there is a huge amount of MMO questing before you get there.

After that the game does go downhill imo.

I genuinely thought I was going to cry a few minutes ago when i finished the thieving kids bit and then three side quest icons showed up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/The_Ben_Starr/status/1674020103355002880

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is what it sounds like
When Clives cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood