Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I don't understand the chat about Harden as going to the Rockets as a 'leader' of a super young team.

The same Harden who lived in the strip clubs, is never in shape, who basically sat out of games to force a trade, the issues with Doc, who knows whatever else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

pentyne posted:

I don't understand the chat about Harden as going to the Rockets as a 'leader' of a super young team.

The same Harden who lived in the strip clubs, is never in shape, who basically sat out of games to force a trade, the issues with Doc, who knows whatever else.

Yes a leader.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

pentyne posted:

Please change your avatar i don’t need an erection while reading this thread

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

pentyne posted:

All of those things are Good

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

having issues with doc rivers just means you're sane

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1674076794809376770?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

Between Ime and Fred Houston could atleast look like a functional NBA team. That’s a lot better than maxing out harden imo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

pentyne posted:

if im young i want that guy on my team. plus he can even pass and make plays!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The Temptation Of Fred VanSkeet By The Cuckhold Dean Fertita

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm secretly that guy, I know I complain about the Bulls all of the time and then they won't re-sign Javonte Green and I'll be like how fucjing dare you we need Javonte out there!!!!

He's an insane value, you get five Javontes for the price of one

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A 2 year deal like that would be a really good move by Houston.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Official account

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1674085481150029827

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

Talk radio is a hell of a drug.

I don't think he listens to talk radio. He's just a super positive guy.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don't think he listens to talk radio. He's just a super positive guy.

This is good and I hope he holds onto that positivity for as long as possible.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

since hes the only one who didnt gas out that means out of kat/embiid/jokic nikola is in the best shape

unfailing logic :hmmyes:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/lebron-james-demolishes-37m-beverly-hills-mansion-to-rebuild-dream-home

I can't believe Lebron is tearing down a 37m house to put up something like a 100m house. What are the odds the new is going to be better than the old, which was a gargantuan mission style thing but at least vernacular for the area

Cut this man's salary. There are better things to do with money

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 28, 2023

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons/comments/14lam82/thon_kevin_durant_maker/

Thon Maker going off in China

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I care how Lebron spends his money

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I care how Lebron spends his money

Thanks for parachuting in from the hockey thread to not understand a joke

haruspicy
Feb 10, 2023
If you were gonna to rebuild your house it’d be a good time to move to Cleveland for a few years

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nba/lebron-james-demolishes-37m-beverly-hills-mansion-to-rebuild-dream-home

I can't believe Lebron is tearing down a 37m house to put up something like a 100m house. What are the odds the new is going to be better than the old, which was a gargantuan mission style thing but at least vernacular for the area

Most of the value of the property is the land, not the house on the land

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

quote:

one of the largest driveway gates in L.A., per multiple reports

Useless sports stats have infected everything

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Mia Wasikowska posted:

how good is okc gonna be this year

about same as last year I would imagine. There are a lot of ways the team could improve a lot, but a few paths where they aren’t much different than last year. It basically boils down to healthy and how good Chet can be on defense as a rookie.

Paths to being much better:
- giddey unlocks 3 pt shot and/or midrange pull-up
- jdub ascends into fringe all star status
- Chet stays healthy and can defend the rim without making mistakes too frequently
- Chet stays healthy and is his offense translates right away
- dieng unlocks his offensive game and becomes starting 4
- tre Mann and lindly waters not in rotation
- Lu dort makes better decisions on offense, takes less shots, becomes more efficient
- Cason Wallace having a much better offensive game than scouts projected right away

Paths to being the same or worse3
- injuries
- none of the above happening

I think they’ll be a much better team this year personally, but teams will stop testing their starts so it might not show up in win totals.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hi I'm at the bar in town and one of the massage therapists for the cavs is here and I'm marking tf out

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I did blow with a Cavs dancer a few times. She said Ilgauskas was a notorious Cavs dancer sex haver

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Probably why it’s coed now. Big Z just couldn’t help himself

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Hi I'm at the bar in town and one of the massage therapists for the cavs is here and I'm marking tf out

Massage therapist in Cleveland should get hazard pay at this point

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

having issues with doc rivers just means you're sane

Mark Cuban, known sane person.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Teams should be allowed to cover players' state income takes without it affecting their cap to even out that bullshit "advantage".

Or we could just abolish federalism, I'm game to try that too.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Teams should be allowed to cover players' state income takes without it affecting their cap to even out that bullshit "advantage".

Or we could just abolish federalism, I'm game to try that too.

I'm not sure that makes a big difference practically at the end of the day.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Calidus posted:

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1674076794809376770?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

Between Ime and Fred Houston could atleast look like a functional NBA team. That’s a lot better than maxing out harden imo

Well then. Go get paid Fred VanVleet.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

runaway pancake posted:

didnt know joel embiid had a cookie named after him

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

an important thing to remember about fred van vleet is that he is not that good

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1674140663733010434

This loving sucks man

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Lockback posted:

A 2 year deal like that would be a really good move by Houston.

That would be extremely competent GM-ing by Rafael Stone. I honestly wouldn't be upset if they gave him 4 years instead of maxing Harden. A lead ball-handler who can also catch and shoot probably adds at least 5 wins on its own. It would allow the team to experiment with KPJ in a 6th man role which is probably what's best for everyone. He's looking to be a D-Lo type player who has discernible talent, but loves going one on one too much to ever be a good decision-maker. If he can't flourish as gunner off the bench, it's time to move on (he has a team option at the end of the year). A 2-year deal signals that the Rockets believe Amen and/or TyTy are going to be the real core, and leaves money to extend everyone.

Although I don't see anyone offering FVV more than $40 mil the next 2 years, if he declines, it's not the worst case scenario. See if Ime can unlock KPJ who's on a very team-friendly deal and just stay the course with the young guys. At the very least, it appears they're not all in on Harden who will undoubtedly want a max that will be a tremendous albatross in a few years.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Who else in the NBA is giving Vooch anything close to that?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

lmao

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Blind Pineapple posted:

That would be extremely competent GM-ing by Rafael Stone. I honestly wouldn't be upset if they gave him 4 years instead of maxing Harden.

Nah, he's not that good. The list of players who would be willing to take a short contract that benefits Houston is low, but 4 year max would be way too much of a commitment for a guy who grades out at "Good starter".

Overpay him to pass on probably his last big long term contract, sure. But you don't want to commit long term. Free up that money when you start seeing what you actually have.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

fvv is a barely over 20% usage guy with fine but not great shooting who also averages a fine not great amount of assists. if he is your lead ball handler he is not adding wins hes just treading water

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
20 mil a year isn't the worst I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Tenth seed locked up go bulls 🙏🙏🙏