Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

genuinely can't tell if I'm sleeping badly for no reason or sleeping badly because I'm subconsciously listening out for some sort of toddler initiated carnage

its the latter

i went from sleeping soundly 8-10 hours a night to immediately waking up every 2 hours when the kids showed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

if you have pets make sure they're not fuckin around and waking you up too

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i've been struggling with sleeping at night. between the hours of about 10pm and 5am i consistently wake up hourly. once the sun comes up though, i can sleep til evening with no trouble

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
for once, i didnt accidentally fall asleep as soon as i got home and sat down today

because i already fell asleep at my desk at work!

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
was so tired at the end of work i couldn't stand up but now i can't go to sleep

im sure i'll have a great day tomorrow

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

rotor posted:

its the latter

i went from sleeping soundly 8-10 hours a night to immediately waking up every 2 hours when the kids showed up

that's surprisingly reassuring

the other factor is my wife blowing her nose super loud from 4am onwards from some allergy

old people got it right by sleeping alone. Maybe.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I slept 10 hours last night. still feel tired. I must be doing something wrong

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i went to bed at 11, distinctly remember seeing the clock at 12, 1, 2, 3, and 4. said gently caress it and got up at 5.

now its 11 and i want nothing more than to go back to bed

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
sleepy crew checking in

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

sleepy crew checking in

repre [yaaaawn] sent

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

took a sick day to sleep today

seriously pisses me off that i couldn't sleep at all last night, but 11am rolls around and bam, i'm out til 3:30

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

could not get to sleep for a long time last night, then right as i was finally drifting off, i heard some critter running around in my attic

i am so tired

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i only got 3 hours of sleep myself last night and i am so tired

George
Nov 27, 2004

another long, grindy day

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a real grinder huh

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

was working on music last night, and as usual I had a hard time forcing myself to bed so I am tired today

George
Nov 27, 2004

I was so tired I was unable to post about how tired I was when I was tired.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I started a new job, have no idea what I'm doing or how anything works and I am super tired from it.

Otoh because I have no idea nobody seems to expect anything tangible so as I'm working remotely I went to sleep for 30 minutes after finishing nursery drop off.

E: went to sleep for another hour in the afternoon as well

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 12, 2023

George
Nov 27, 2004

I'm sleepy but I've got a good feeling about this cup of coffee.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

George posted:

I'm sleepy but I've got a good feeling about this cup of coffee.

this time for sure

George
Nov 27, 2004

Trying for lucky cup number three.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

George posted:

Trying for lucky cup number three.

thoughts & prayers for u :pray:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
tried to nap earlier but the morning coffee was still kicking :\

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

being both tired and unable to sleep is the fuckin worst

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

being both tired and unable to sleep is the fuckin worst

it's why i don't drink coffee at home

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

not feelin it today.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
thunderstorms woke me up around 3, but couldn't go back to bed. finally got up at 5, annoyed that I could have been up for two hours doing stuff

e: going to feel it tomorrow

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

oversized rodent of an apartment dog above me decided to start yapping and playing with its bouncy ball at midnight last night and guess who couldn't fall asleep again afterwards :whitewater:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

last few days I’ve been taking big naps after work and I still feel tired

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I was really tired yesterday but I made sure to get good sleep last night and I'm still tired but not as bad

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Dijkstracula posted:

oversized rodent of an apartment dog above me decided to start yapping and playing with its bouncy ball at midnight last night and guess who couldn't fall asleep again afterwards :whitewater:

one of the reasons I moved house is that the adjoining neighbours had a poorly trained beagle that they didn't take out enough and that fucker barked constantly which went right through the walls as they did not have a single soft surface in their house so there was zero sound absorption anywhere

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

one of the reasons I moved house is that the adjoining neighbours had a poorly trained beagle that they didn't take out enough and that fucker barked constantly which went right through the walls as they did not have a single soft surface in their house so there was zero sound absorption anywhere

I am so much happier owning a house instead of living in an apartment/condo. Having to hear your neighbors sucks.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Dijkstracula posted:

oh i dont have to guess: it was me.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i used to have an upstairs neighbor with 3 boys aged 3 - 8

when we first moved in i tried to nicely talk to them about tying to not have the kids jump up and down at 6:50 AM on sunday mornings. when they invited me in i saw they didn't have a single carpet or mat in their 100% hardwood floor apartment except a small one under their coffee table :shepface:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
just got crushed by the sleepy wall 9_9

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
had precisely one too many gin and tonics last night. not hung over, just sleepy. thank god it’s Friday :cheers:

George
Nov 27, 2004

absolutely dragging today

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

There was a 24 hour football game for charity at a field just next to my apartment. It went from 2:30 pm yesterday to 2:30 pm today. There were people playing and yelling and cheering all night. I had no idea what was going on, and got woken up constantly in the middle of the night. Totally insane and deranged. Do that poo poo at an indoor field

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
https://i.imgur.com/h0f5iYq.mp4

time for bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

welcome to the thread, comrade tired cat :cheers: