Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I appreciate that for Ruby Soho, Rukus follows in the grand tradition of wrestling themes that are juuuust legally distinct enough to not be sued for.

Man if I could the WCW themes I would love that. Just let Rukus go wild with his versions of songs lol. To this day I like Raven's song more than Come as you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if he wrote the Ruby one for the game or if it was a backup in case the dude from Rancid didn't come through for her?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also they are doing that poo poo because video games are an impossible industry and the economics of selling them make no sense so the only way to produce games and make money is by adding a bunch of stuff that you can sell. Games are not viable as a product you sell once and then never make another dollar from.

I admit I usually mostly play small market games like Rune Factory 5 and some JRPGs and so forth (though for sure Forza Horizon 5 has the same issues as Fight Forever and is also the last "AAA" title I've bought) but I feel like the new games I've personally bought this year have mostly been just a thing i bought once and then it just exists.

I also don't think tony invented dlc but I do have an expectation of excellence from him based on everything else that he's done that shipping with no trios and everyone I personally like missing seems notable idk

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rune Factory 5 has a bunch of optional costumes you can buy, most of those jrpgs do now. Buy the game and it has 50 dollars worth of costume dlc you can also buy. Everyone is pushing to figure out ways to make the game a product that you can sell over and over again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh man lol

https://twitter.com/FadedPlagueArt/status/1674067932261801985

Literally the first thing I'm doing

https://twitter.com/SlimChonson/status/1674102279371145216

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Rune Factory 5 has a bunch of optional costumes you can buy, most of those jrpgs do now. Buy the game and it has 50 dollars worth of costume dlc you can also buy. Everyone is pushing to figure out ways to make the game a product that you can sell over and over again.

Less than $20 on my switch right now but point taken, yes. Nightmare world!

Also I'd gladly pay extra for people I wanted to play as with unique movesets like Claudio or the Pure Division guys like Garcia and Yuta (both debuted before the apparent Swerve Line) but at the moment if I'm reading things correctly that doesn't appear possible, so who knows!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i am going to v trigger people in the face over and over again at exactly 9 am tomorrow morning

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Question for those who have the game/may be more plugged in.

Does the career mode change based on if you're a heel or a face or is it pretty similar/alignment agnostic? I guess I'm not sure how much "roleplaying" you get to do vs just scene match scene match like the older games it emulates.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Being upset about DLC probably seems silly to most people here especially when you compare it to the competition charging double the price of the base game at launch. And I'm not even sure if that gets you everything.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

loving sick

https://twitter.com/iVivaLaAdam/status/1673808229560729602

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Owie!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Hey, FTR is already available, neat

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wonder when we are going to get a comparison as to how the Switch version compares to the others.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Regrettable posted:

Being upset about DLC probably seems silly to most people here especially when you compare it to the competition charging double the price of the base game at launch. And I'm not even sure if that gets you everything.

Out of curiosity, I went and looked up who you get for that season pass money and it's the following 25 wrestlers:

quote:

DLC 1: Steiner Row Pack
Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner
B-Fab
Top Dolla
Ashante Adonis

DLC 2: Pretty Sweet Pack
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Tiffany Stratton
Elton Prince
Kit Wilson

DLC 3: Race to NXT Pack
Harley Race
Ivy Nile
Wendy Choo
Tony D’Angelo
Trick Williams

DLC 4: Revel with Wyatt Pack
Bray Wyatt
Zeus
Valhalla
Joe Gacy
Blair Davenport

DLC 5: Bad News U Pack
Eve Torres
Wade Barrett
Damon Kemp
Andre Chase
Nathan Frazer

Which, not a lot of those names with the exception of Bray and maybe Race are singing to me personally, I also am not seeing any names that I would consider as core/required/whatever as FTR, Claudio, Keith Lee are to fight forever, presumably because they're just on disk in 2K's famously large roster

Majinfoose posted:

Hey, FTR is already available, neat

Oh dope

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I probably won’t be able to sit down and play the game until after I’ve watched dynamite tonight (it is Wednesday!). How are the tag matches?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JannBrooks434/status/1673777356115263492

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Out of curiosity, I went and looked up who you get for that season pass money and it's the following 25 wrestlers:

Which, not a lot of those names with the exception of Bray and maybe Race are singing to me personally, I also am not seeing any names that I would consider as core/required/whatever as FTR, Claudio, Keith Lee are to fight forever, presumably because they're just on disk in 2K's famously large roster

Oh dope

Yeah, there don't seem to be a lot of must haves in that list for 2k23 but 2k22 had the NWO and Eric Bischoff gated behind the $120 version. You could buy the NWO DLC separately for $25 but then you would also have to buy the season pass for $40 if you wanted all of the other wrestlers.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

no kamigoye as far as i can tell. gutted.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That's the cleaner for ya!

https://twitter.com/Smallafro2K/status/1674109025045151744

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

E: wrong thread, cool clips

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I probably won’t be able to sit down and play the game until after I’ve watched dynamite tonight (it is Wednesday!). How are the tag matches?

You basically have to go and knock the tag partner off the apron but thats whats happened in 2k games forever

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

is the doomsday device in the game?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

lol have these people never played a loving video game before?

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/aew-fight-forever-review-ps5 posted:

I’m 15 minutes deep into a World Championship match, and I’m about to pull my hair out.

Champion MJF is defending his belt against me, “The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson, and I want to finish the match with the Lebell Lock. However, using this iconic submission maneuver requires you to have a Finisher stored while standing above a face-down opponent, and I just cannot get the stars to align. After several attempts, I finally trigger the move, only for MJF to counter it and slither outside the ring.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I was playing Faction Wars in 2k23 last night and had my finishers countered/dodged no less than three times. That was annoying. The match before that my opponent had The Rock on their team and he immediately started arguing with the ref and I got a DQ victory in like 10 seconds. That ruled.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Has anyone figured out how to reposition opponents? The Crossrhodes is a facing the enemy’s back move and outside of walking all the way around them I haven’t figured it out.

His front finisher is a Tiger Driver which is cool though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm not in front of a console at the moment but I think right trigger is the general 'reposition button'

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

lmao compared to 2k that sounds heavenly. kingdoms rise and fall in the time it takes for ANYONE to win a mitb match in 2k.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Has anyone figured out how to reposition opponents? The Crossrhodes is a facing the enemy’s back move and outside of walking all the way around them I haven’t figured it out.

R1 picks an enemy up and r2 flips them over I think

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How much is the game and season pass ?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

fit em all up in there posted:

$99 USD

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Eat My Fuc posted:

lb spins them during a grapple. maybe l1 on PS?

fit em all up in there posted:

$80 tomorrow, $72 on Xbox and PS until tomorrow

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nice thanks. Time to enact the Rhodes Reign of Terror in my game

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The Elite Edition is also supposed to be on sale for PC for $63.19 on 2game tomorrow. They are a licensed key retailer so they get the keys directly from the publisher. That will get you the season pass and Matt Hardy.

https://2game.com/us/aew-fight-forever-elite-edition

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Nice thanks. Time to enact the Rhodes Reign of Terror in my game

may he reign forever

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I beat two Wardlows and a CM Punk with my created guy in the ranked online, it’s nice being able to play while everyone’s new

I like to pick them up again after the match and just hit them with a couple more finishers

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

From the footage I've seen so far I think the biggest bummer is going to be the the roster just clearly being a snapshot of 2 years ago AEW and not really reflecting on current day AEW. It's easy to imagine a version of this where Don Callis is in the place of Regal and the game has a more current roster that feels like AEW today. Some of the models are also not great, but it also looks like some of the images in the character selection and models in the main menu look completely different from the models during a match. Like Nick Jackson's portrait in the character select is really bad but the model in match looks a whole lot better.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That would be nice but it's not really feasible in game development.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I'd love if they just shoot out new wrestlers every couple of months. I just want Jamie!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh dope

Zeus? I'm assuming not the Osaka Pro owner and former Triple Crown champion. So is it Tiny Lister or the Greek god? Not sure which of these makes less sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Should I be able to play the game at this point if I bought the elite edition for Switch? It's not letting me play and I want to play.